PDA

View Full Version : Bashing

Behrdawg
10-01-2015, 07:22 AM
The bashing of Bo Bounds needs to stop. We all disagree on things and that's fine- but personally attacking fellow members on eitedawgs.com is unacceptable and won't be tolerated. I know Bo personally and I also know Thick. As I said before- they are big boys and can handle themselves and their own rifts. Both are very good dudes and both contribute to our beloved Dawgs. Most of you have absolutely no insight as to how the Sports Media world works as a business. It's not your normal business model- some of you need to stop acting like you've been on the radio with a business to run and ads to sell for 12 years like Bo has achieved.

Let's stop bashing fellow elitedawgs and bash the other folks from The University of North MS.

starkvegasdawg
10-01-2015, 07:28 AM
That's fine and all but it seems as if Bo puts down, or talks negatively about, MSU as much as he does positively. Not saying I want a 24/7 sunshine pumper, but it seems as if he goes out of his way a lot of times to find something negative to bring up. I fail to see how that contributes to our beloved Dawgs.

Second, this is a hardcore message board where people get called out and raked over the coals on a daily basis. It's an equal opportunity environment. Fellow elitedawgs get bashed on here every day. If he's a big boy then he can come on here and defend his actions and statements and doesn't need people to fight his fight for him.

Behrdawg
10-01-2015, 07:35 AM
That's fine and all but it seems as if Bo puts down, or talks negatively about, MSU as much as he does positively. Not saying I want a 24/7 sunshine pumper, but it seems as if he goes out of his way a lot of times to find something negative to bring up. I fail to see how that contributes to our beloved Dawgs.

Second, this is a hardcore message board where people get called out and raked over the coals on a daily basis. It's an equal opportunity environment. Fellow elitedawgs get bashed on here every day. If he's a big boy then he can come on here and defend his actions and statements and doesn't need people to fight his fight for him.

Your first paragraph is proof that you have no idea how his business works. I know exactly how this board board is- I'm one of the site owners. I don't need a lecture as to how this board works

somebodyshotmypaw
10-01-2015, 07:38 AM
Things I've learned while running a $70 million company:

If you piss off your customers, you have to work through the bad press.

My $25 K employees are valuable like my
$150 k employees. And just as good of a human.

Coach34
10-01-2015, 07:39 AM
Bounds runs a talk show that talks about sports in the state. He is not doing it to cater to one fanbase. The fact that Northern Miss fans and State give him shit- yet he keeps getting good ratings tells me he is doing a good job

WinningIsRelentless
10-01-2015, 07:42 AM
You guys are missing the point why everyone is pissed at Bo. It has everything to do with taking the blue collar player comment and turning it into a race deal. Thick could probably win a defamation lawsuit over that if he wanted to.

Political Hack
10-01-2015, 07:52 AM
Thick and Bo are big boys and know each other. They can handle it without people jumping in. Please just be respectful while sharing your opinions and be mindful that a radio host on air is going to be very different than a radio host off air. His job is to be a shock jock.

starkvegasdawg
10-01-2015, 07:53 AM
Your first paragraph is proof that you have no idea how his business works. I know exactly how this board board is- I'm one of the site owners. I don't need a lecture as to how this board works

You're right. I've never worked in radio. No desire to. But I'm not the only one with issues of some of what he says and does as evidenced by the thread yesterday. Since you are a site owner and know how this board works then you should be one of the least surprised that a thread like yesterday happened. Someone does something others disagree with they will hear about it. Sounds like maybe you need to unwad your panties that some on here jumped on a friend of yours that pisses a lot of people off on a regular basis.

Behrdawg
10-01-2015, 07:55 AM
Bounds runs a talk show that talks about sports in the state. He is not doing it to cater to one fanbase. The fact that Northern Miss fans and State give him shit- yet he keeps getting good ratings tells me he is doing a good job

Diddo

HSVDawg
10-01-2015, 07:56 AM
Let me first state that I don't really have any skin in the game with the Bo Bounds stuff. I've never listened to his show and I don't really care about any spat he and Thick have.

That being said, posters on this board are called douche, dipshit, etc. on a near daily basis here by people that don't agree with them. If you want to get rid of name calling and bashing that's fine, but don't make it only apply to someone who you know or who has a radio show. It should apply to everyone who posts here, otherwise it's a BS double standard.

mparkerfd20
10-01-2015, 07:57 AM
The fact remains he's still pretentious ass at best.

Political Hack
10-01-2015, 07:59 AM
Let me first state that I don't really have any skin in the game with the Bo Bounds stuff. I've never listened to his show and I don't really care about any spat he and Thick have.

That being said, posters on this board are called douche, dipshit, etc. on a near daily basis here by people that don't agree with them. If you want to get rid of name calling and bashing that's fine, but don't make it only apply to someone who you know or who has a radio show. It should apply to everyone who posts here, otherwise it's a BS double standard.

We just banned someone for calling another poster some absurd crap. We warn people constantly. Repeat offenders are typically banned.

Behrdawg
10-01-2015, 08:01 AM
You're right. I've never worked in radio. No desire to. But I'm not the only one with issues of some of what he says and does as evidenced by the thread yesterday. Since you are a site owner and know how this board works then you should be one of the least surprised that a thread like yesterday happened. Someone does something others disagree with they will hear about it. Sounds like maybe you need to unwad your panties that some on here jumped on a friend of yours that pisses a lot of people off on a regular basis.

I along with 5 other guys have a site to run. When we see a fire to put out- we will do it for the sake of the board and reasons that no one else knows about except the 6 of us. If you don't like it- that's your problem.

CadaverDawg
10-01-2015, 08:04 AM
I'm all for the bashing to stop too. I will say this though, the "bashing" started with Bo using his radio show, which reached far more ears than this board, to "bash" one of our boys. So if he's going to spread texts he received on State wide radio, he should be a big enough boy to handle the backlash. I'm saying that to say this....I hope he appreciates you guys putting out these flames, because he doesn't "deserve" anything. I think everybody understands his business model pretty well, and that is not what has people upset with him.

I'm trying to be as nice as possible to a board sponsor, so I'm going to keep tuning in when I can. I just think if he's going to utilize EliteDawgs on his show, then EliteDawgs should be able to give constructive criticism without his panties bunching up and yall having to come to his defense.

But I'm done with it, and I encourage everyone else to be done with it as well, for the sake of the board. I believe your message was received loud and clear.

Behrdawg
10-01-2015, 08:20 AM
He didn't ask for our defense. I'd defend anyone on this board of they were constantly berated by other users. That's why I've banned folks before because of their repeated attacks. It's not a problem to call people out on here. Hell- I do it. The problem is when people start to make repeated name calling and continual personal attacks on others. That's when we will step in and stop it. Call folks out all you want- just do it in a "classier" way.