PDA

View Full Version : Film room with Mullen

somebodyshotmypaw
09-30-2015, 09:15 PM
edited to remove bad link. DancingRabbit posted correct link below.

My apologies if previously posted

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2015, 09:47 PM
That's last years

somebodyshotmypaw
09-30-2015, 10:15 PM
That's last years

Well I must have screwed up the link. I watched him doing the film room of Saturday's game. Showed Redmond's interception and a Holloway run around the left end. I linked the wrong thing I guess.

DancingRabbit
09-30-2015, 11:25 PM
Here it is

http://www.secsports.com/video/13781300/inside-mississippi-state-game-film

somebodyshotmypaw
10-01-2015, 06:23 AM
Thanks DancingRabbit. That is the correct one. I goofed it up somehow.

starkvegasdawg
10-01-2015, 06:47 AM
It was interesting to see him break down the Redmond interception to see just how good of a play it was. Never realized that he had to come off his receiver to cover a missed assignment and then jumped back to his responsibility when he made the QB look off that guy. From a QB's perspective the WR looked open when he decided to throw it to him. Plays like that really piss me off that he lost basically half his college career due to us bending over and inviting the NCAA to come in hard and dry.

archdog
10-01-2015, 08:10 AM
Can't Redmond appeal for that year of eligibility back based on his academic performance and character? I thought I read that somewhere.

mic
10-01-2015, 08:21 AM
Can't Redmond appeal for that year of eligibility back based on his academic performance and character? I thought I read that somewhere.

No need to.. He is a late first round pick...

thf24
10-01-2015, 08:27 AM
It was interesting to see him break down the Redmond interception to see just how good of a play it was. Never realized that he had to come off his receiver to cover a missed assignment and then jumped back to his responsibility when he made the QB look off that guy. From a QB's perspective the WR looked open when he decided to throw it to him.

That's about as elite as playmaking ability gets right there. Will is going to play for a long time in the league.

DancingRabbit
10-01-2015, 09:11 AM
It was interesting to see him break down the Redmond interception to see just how good of a play it was. Never realized that he had to come off his receiver to cover a missed assignment and then jumped back to his responsibility when he made the QB look off that guy. From a QB's perspective the WR looked open when he decided to throw it to him. Plays like that really piss me off that he lost basically half his college career due to us bending over and inviting the NCAA to come in hard and dry.

Yeah, that was an incredible play. Hope he can get one early in the game Saturday to shake up their QB a little.

scottycameron
10-01-2015, 01:45 PM

I don't know but I'd sure like to see it. I have no idea how you appeal on character (grades would be straightforward) but I'd like to see how it's done.

KentuckyDawg13
10-02-2015, 08:08 AM
Just watched this last night...was very impressed with Dak's knowledge of the game. Dak is so confident, very impressive.
Having CDM breakdown various aspects was very enlightening too.

Leroy Jenkins
10-02-2015, 08:17 AM
Liked watching last night. Dan said Dak has the latitude to call what he wants at the line. That's a huge advantage for the tempo when you don't have to check for approval from the coach.
Also liked hearing that since Dak graduated he has time to sit in the gameplanning meetings so he understands the "why" behind the strategy.

TrapGame
10-02-2015, 08:31 AM
Just to dove tail something into this...

Kyle York said yesterday that Dak spends a lot of time in the film room now that he's graduated. Also, Dak is in on the offensive game planning too.

smootness
10-02-2015, 01:25 PM

I may be in the minority here, but looking back I think the Redmond suspension may have helped us. I think he would have left after last year if he had played as a freshman, so we only missed out on half a season of playing if that's the case. And I'd rather have Redmond for a full year as a senior than for half a season as a sophomore.