PDA

View Full Version : Do we have any veterinarians on here?

blacklistedbully
07-22-2013, 10:21 PM
My dog seemed to hurt himself jumping off a bed a few weeks ago. We've suspected bruised ribs, as he's been feeling pain when touched on his right side right where his ribs end at his abdomen. Recently I noticed a bit of swelling around the area. Today there is a mass that seems more like a tumor. It's mostly round and hard, but has a little give when pushed. It's running from his rib cage on the right side down just shy of his middle torso/belly. Doesn't quite reach his penis. Feeling around it has a fairly sharp and defined edge on the bottom in the abdomen.

Anybody here able to shed some light? Worried it's cancer, but have noticed it only hurts him badly when I push in one spot near or on the ribs. Pushing anywhere else doesn't seem to bother him. Appetite still good. He still loves going for walks, barking at postman, etc. But def is limited in motion, is reluctant to jump even a little.

Thanks in advance.

FlabLoser
07-22-2013, 11:23 PM
Hernia?

CadaverDawg
07-22-2013, 11:25 PM
Get that ole boy to the vet man. Try googling his symptoms tonight if you want to get some ideas...but I would get him to a vet tomorrow. Especially if your dog is like mine, meaning he is more like a child than a dog. Good luck, hope he's ok.

Gen. Grant
07-22-2013, 11:48 PM
Hernia possibly. Get him to a vet soon. Hope he is ok!

blacklistedbully
07-23-2013, 07:30 AM
Thanks guys.