PDA

View Full Version : Thick, I thought Bo calling you out on the air today was whiny...

CadaverDawg
09-30-2015, 07:30 PM
Especially the part where he threw the race card at you and basically said you only like Richie because he's white and you can relate to being a white dude in the SEC. I'm sure you caught that, right?

Jack Lambert
09-30-2015, 07:31 PM
If everything I have read here on this board is true Bo is a cock sucker.

msstate7
09-30-2015, 07:36 PM
Richie is 4th in sec in tackles, 5th in sacks, and 11th in TFL. Yet bo says Richie isn't an sec LB

Treemydawg
09-30-2015, 07:37 PM

Haha, rep points awarded.

CadaverDawg
09-30-2015, 07:37 PM

He's becoming one. He always talks like messageboards are so terrible....yet he's not only keeping tabs on the boards, but also was clearly upset and butthurt over Thick's text and post. Kinda goes against the "I don't take this stuff serious" mantra he's always throwing out. Seems like Bo's ego is starting to grow. Hanging around the unwarranted arrogance of OM people, may be rubbing off on him.

Jarius
09-30-2015, 07:41 PM
I love his show. Most people won't come out and say that for some reason but it is by far the best in this state. He has really good guests. However, he has been really nauseating with the "not as much talent" card that he plays every single time we play another SEC opponent. I mean use some common sense Bo. We have as much talent as pretty much anyone in the conference. Ours didn't come as polished, but we aren't on the current run we are on with a lack of talent. It makes him look extremely ignorant to keep playing that card.

bulldawg28
09-30-2015, 07:49 PM
Bo's black?

Jack Lambert
09-30-2015, 07:58 PM
Haha, rep points awarded.

Back at you!

Treemydawg
09-30-2015, 08:13 PM
Back at you!

Muchablige

Thick
09-30-2015, 08:23 PM
I did not hear any of his Show, because I was at UMMC at 7:15 until like 1:30. He texted me to tell me that he mentioned me today on his show. So he said I liked Richie because we are both white??? If that's true, that's pretty low class. I guess he doesn't know that Eddie Myles and I grew up together, and he and his family (son is Gabe) come to my parent's house and visit EVERY time he comes to see his family. I guess he did not know that Eddie Myles, Rocky Nabors, and Kevin Henry rode home with me for all holidays or any time we had to go home. Did he really say that??

tireddawg
09-30-2015, 08:33 PM
He's becoming one. He always talks like messageboards are so terrible....yet he's not only keeping tabs on the boards, but also was clearly upset and butthurt over Thick's text and post. Kinda goes against the "I don't take this stuff serious" mantra he's always throwing out. Seems like Bo's ego is starting to grow. Hanging around the unwarranted arrogance of OM people, may be rubbing off on him.

What was texted/posted?

Todd4State
09-30-2015, 08:37 PM
Especially the part where he threw the race card at you and basically said you only like Richie because he's white and you can relate to being a white dude in the SEC. I'm sure you caught that, right?

One of the things that I think is ridiculous is the racist "white guys can't play football" mantra. It doesn't matter what your skin color is- if you can play, you can play.

You would think these sports guys in Mississippi would see Jackson Prep holding their own against 5A schools and beating people like Bassfield sometimes with what was an almost all black team with several D-I prospects including an Army AA on it would cut that nonsense out.

You look at the NFL and you see guys like Edelman, Welker, JJ Watt, Luke Kuchely, Jordy Nelson, Rob Gronkowski excelling in the NFL you would think that would be a clue as well.

And now you look at Richie Brown- he only won SEC player of the week. And it wasn't because he is white. He's a heck of a player.

Thick
09-30-2015, 08:49 PM
I just asked him if he played the white guy card on me on his show. He said because I described RB as a "blue collar" type player that it was justified. He said it's known that southern whites use the term "blue collar" to describe white people. I guess I'm a racist in the eyes of Bo.

AlSwearengen
09-30-2015, 08:53 PM
Can someone pm me thick's name?

PMDawg
09-30-2015, 08:55 PM
I just asked him if he played the white guy card on me on his show. He said because I described RB as a "blue collar" type player that it was justified. He said it's known that southern whites use the term "blue collar" to describe white people. I guess I'm a racist in the eyes of Bo.

Huh. 35 years in Mississippi and all this time I thought that term just stood for someone who worked hard.

SapperDawg
09-30-2015, 08:57 PM
I thought "blue collar" was used in the way we mean "working class"; that is to say for football a guy that may not be as talented or highly rated, but busted his ass, was a team player, and wills himself to making a difference.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-30-2015, 08:57 PM
He said because I described RB as a "blue collar" type player that it was justified. He said it's known that southern whites use the term "blue collar" to describe white people.

Then Bo is an idiot. Blue collar players come in all colors. Flashy players come in all colors. Dumb players come in all colors. Smart players come in all colors. Fast and athletic players come in all colors.

K9 Avenger
09-30-2015, 08:58 PM

It's true and it's the reason a ton of folks, including me, can't stomach listening to the pretentious prick

Treemydawg
09-30-2015, 08:59 PM

Hypothetical question here. If a so called blue collar guy ( let's say me) was to knock Bo's teeth down his throat would it change his perception of " blue collar"***

Thick
09-30-2015, 09:02 PM
Can someone pm me thick's name?

Why don't you just ask me? By the way, what's your name?

somebodyshotmypaw
09-30-2015, 09:02 PM
It's true and it's the reason a ton of folks, including me, can't stomach listening to the pretentious prick

He's got good guests, does a good interview, and has a quality show. He does a good job. However, no doubt the word pretentious was invented for Bo Bounds. Pretentious fits him perfectly.

starkvegasdawg
09-30-2015, 09:03 PM

Can we ban Bo from the board?

Thick
Treemy, he would sue you if you touched him...bank it!

somebodyshotmypaw

By the way. What's your name?

Treemydawg
09-30-2015, 09:05 PM
Treemy, he would sue you if you touched him...bank it!

You can't get blood from a rock brother.

Jarius
09-30-2015, 09:07 PM
that's some wacky ass thought process right there. Blue collar=white guy? Jesus.

Dawgface
09-30-2015, 09:08 PM

Same here. I don't care to listen to pricks. I never listen to his show.

smootness
09-30-2015, 09:08 PM

There's no doubt that typically there are specific terms used primarily for black athletes and other terms used primarily for white athletes. Black - freak athlete, fast, explosive, fun to watch, instinctual, etc. White - hard worker, 'lunch-pail type', great awareness, smart, etc. You rarely hear the first group used for white athletes, and you rarely see the second group used for black athletes.

For example, I have specifically heard State fans talk about Richie not being a great athlete when Richie is every bit the athlete Gerri Green is, who has been described as a 'freak'. Now, Richie is not as big or physical as Green, but athletically they are very similar. Meanwhile, Beni Brown isn't quite the same athlete, but he is extremely smart.

So if you would also use 'blue collar' to describe Beniquez or call Richie a great athlete, then Bo is dead wrong. But if not, he's probably onto something. It doesn't mean you're racist; we all have stereotypes we use. I've been guilty of it plenty. I've had to catch myself when calling a white athlete something similar and ask myself if I would use the same term for a black player.

MSUDawg4Life
09-30-2015, 09:14 PM
There's no doubt that typically there are specific terms used primarily for black athletes and other terms used primarily for white athletes. Black - freak athlete, fast, explosive, fun to watch, instinctual, etc. White - hard worker, 'lunch-pail type', great awareness, smart, etc. You rarely hear the first group used for white athletes, and you rarely see the second group used for black athletes.

For example, I have specifically heard State fans talk about Richie not being a great athlete when Richie is every bit the athlete Gerri Green is, who has been described as a 'freak'. Now, Richie is not as big or physical as Green, but athletically they are very similar. Meanwhile, Beni Brown isn't quite the same athlete, but he is extremely smart.

So if you would also use 'blue collar' to describe Beniquez or call Richie a great athlete, then Bo is dead wrong. But if not, he's probably onto something. It doesn't mean you're racist; we all have stereotypes we use. I've been guilty of it plenty. I've had to catch myself when calling a white athlete something similar and ask myself if I would use the same term for a black player.

Those stereotypes are racist - toward the white and the black players. To suggest that black athletes don't work hard or white guys can't be athletic is racist as f*ck to me.

Just my opinion ....

Jack Lambert
09-30-2015, 09:24 PM
Huh. 35 years in Mississippi and all this time I thought that term just stood for someone who worked hard.

Well in Bo's "I am better than you world" the term "Red Neck" is someone who worked hard. I don't the knows what Blue Collar really means.

Thick
09-30-2015, 09:24 PM
Well, I can guarantee you that I'm done listening to him, not because of his idiotic "blue collar" reference, but because of his lack of depth. His show is strictly for entertainment purposes. He NEVER researches any of the games that he talks up that particular week. He was completely caught off guard yesterday when Brad Edwards said he thinks aTm was overrated to this point. Why could Bo not ask him, "is it because through these 4 games that their defense has not improved from a statistical standpoint" compared to last year through the same period? For example, aTm has 17 sacks ytd, 8 came in one game, they have created 2 turnovers vs 0 last yr, they are giving up 5 yds/carry and roughly the same amount of yds/game as last year, etc. I could go on, but you get it right. He was expecting Edwards to agree with him, and it surprised him.

Don't get me wrong, we could absolutely get blown out this Saturday, because we have no significant ground game. But damn, do some research, at least have some statistical data to support your opinion on the subject at hand. Real fans want to real information not "they are more talented" as the reason for anyone's opinion. I'm out guys!

Todd4State
09-30-2015, 09:28 PM
By the way. What's your name?

Dwight Clark.**

Thick
09-30-2015, 09:30 PM
Good one Todd.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-30-2015, 09:32 PM
Dwight Clark.**

You were great with the Niners!

Behrdawg
09-30-2015, 09:33 PM
Can we ban Bo from the board?

No. Absolutely not. Thick and Bo are big boys- they know each other and can handle their spat themselves. As for the bashing Bo on the site- that needs to calm down. Bo does what he does to keep his listener base up. Trust me- he's good for what he does.

sandwolf
09-30-2015, 09:33 PM

Holy shit.........I like his show, but what a ****ing idiot.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-30-2015, 09:35 PM

This is stupid. I don't call A.J. Green fast because he's black. I call him fast because he's fast. Same reason I call Jordy Nelson fast.

AlSwearengen
09-30-2015, 10:01 PM

My name is Kevin, but I didn't play football or do anything that would make me recognizable. I remember back when this board started, coach mentioned that you, a former player posted here. He only used your screen name though. I assumed that since bounds was talking about you on the radio, that he was mentioning you by name.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-30-2015, 10:07 PM
This is stupid. I don't call A.J. Green fast because he's black. I call him fast because he's fast. Same reason I call Jordy Nelson fast.

I'm pretty sure this is the type of stuff smootness is talking about. It's pretty common from analyst.

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/heres-how-often-espn-draft-analysts-use-the-same-words-over-and-over

somebodyshotmypaw
09-30-2015, 10:18 PM
I'm pretty sure this is the type of stuff smootness is talking about. It's pretty common from analyst.

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/heres-how-often-espn-draft-analysts-use-the-same-words-over-and-over

I get it. It happens. But it's lazy and stupid.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-30-2015, 10:19 PM
I get it. It happens. But it's lazy and stupid.

No doubt it's very lazy but it happens all the time.

Jack Lambert
09-30-2015, 10:21 PM
No. Absolutely not. Thick and Bo are big boys- they know each other and can handle their spat themselves. As for the bashing Bo on the site- that needs to calm down. Bo does what he does to keep his listener base up. Trust me- he's good for what he does.

Why should it calm down, you just said Bo was a big boy. He called out one of ours and I am sticking with thick. He should treat his radio show like a business. I don't see other business calling out thier customers. The listeners are his customers. They are the reason his show is on the air. They are the reason advertisers buys ads. He should remember that.

Percho
09-30-2015, 10:29 PM

That was interesting.

Thick
09-30-2015, 10:43 PM
If Bo's listeners only knew that he never played football in high school, and that his claim to fame was being a career back up point guard at a private school, then they would understand his pretentious and arrogant approach to sports. He's the kid that brought the water to the players, he's the kid that got put in the game during mop up duty. Let that sink in, and then ask yourself why do you listen to his show.

Again, he texted me today just to tell me that he "spoke of Thick's analysis" on his show. The "Waterboy" calling me out to try to make himself seem significant.....huge fail!!!

DancingRabbit
09-30-2015, 10:54 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2223670330/Bo_Bounds_cigar_400x400.jpg

beretta
09-30-2015, 11:00 PM
i like his show.....you guys have your panties in a wad.......listen to the alternative, trust me, i worked for them in the past.......bo has a great show and there is reason regional and national shows have him on.....didnt hear the racist card either.....but WTF.....it doesnt take someone who played only high school golf like me to figure out basic college football rhetoric .....dont be so but hurt....

im not Bo, nor do i smoke weed with him either....

War Machine Dawg
09-30-2015, 11:24 PM
that's some wacky ass thought process right there. Blue collar=white guy? Jesus.

I'm guessing Bo votes Democrat. Because that's some serious liberal "code language" logic right there.

TUSK
09-30-2015, 11:30 PM
I'm guessing Bo votes Democrat. Because that's some serious liberal "code language" logic right there.

I was wonderin' when that was gonna get picked up on...

Coach34
09-30-2015, 11:30 PM
Damn guys- I got out tonight and all this shit breaks out...

Thick is a friend of mine. He wore the State jersey and did us proud. He was not an Academy guy and completely earned his stripes. And he is the only guy I've ever seen at the Landing to knock a mf'er out and make the other Frat boys that thought they wanted some walk off. He hit that one mf'er so hard- the "mob menatlity" just walked the **** off. They didnt want any of that shit.

I'm not sure what Bounds was doing- but Richie is a public school kid- so was Thick. Nothing to see here

mparkerfd20
10-01-2015, 01:04 AM

Definitely a cock sucker.

bulldawg28
10-01-2015, 03:59 AM
If Bo's listeners only knew that he never played football in high school, and that his claim to fame was being a career back up point guard at a private school, then they would understand his pretentious and arrogant approach to sports. He's the kid that brought the water to the players, he's the kid that got put in the game during mop up duty. Let that sink in, and then ask yourself why do you listen to his show.

Again, he texted me today just to tell me that he "spoke of Thick's analysis" on his show. The "Waterboy" calling me out to try to make himself seem significant.....huge fail!!!

Us football brothers have to stick together....**** him!!!

yakalot
10-01-2015, 05:29 AM

Why would I have to ask, everyone knows your name...Cosmo Cramer.

Dawgface
10-01-2015, 06:21 AM

If that's him.......the pic pretty much says it all.

rrog17
10-01-2015, 06:35 AM
Ton Ton!!!

Behrdawg
10-01-2015, 06:58 AM
Why should it calm down, you just said Bo was a big boy. He called out one of ours and I am sticking with thick. He should treat his radio show like a business. I don't see other business calling out thier customers. The listeners are his customers. They are the reason his show is on the air. They are the reason advertisers buys ads. He should remember that.

Bo is also one of ours- just like Thick. Let's stop the bashing and go bash a pompous ass from North MS University