PDA

View Full Version : Hey Dan/IYOK....

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-30-2015, 05:02 PM
Donald Gray. What gives? Too slow? Can't catch? Cross eyed? Likes corndogs? Sleeps in women's panties?

What is it?

msstate7
09-30-2015, 05:06 PM
I'd like to see a bunch package for him with bear and morrow blocking on a wr screen

Ifyouonlyknew
09-30-2015, 06:00 PM
It's not like he's not playing. He played plenty of snaps against Auburn he was targeted once. Once he gets on the field it's up to him & Dak.

mic
09-30-2015, 06:03 PM
Donald Gray. What gives? Too slow? Can't catch? Cross eyed? Likes corndogs? Sleeps in women's panties?

What is it?

You should get banned for this ridiculous post.....

godlluB
09-30-2015, 06:05 PM
You should get banned for this ridiculous post.....

If you're making a motion, I second it!

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-30-2015, 06:32 PM
Hey mic and godllub....bite me.

My ridiculous post was meant to be just that; ridiculous. Insinuating that I think it's ridiculous to have a talent the caliber of Donald Gray and not utilize him. We have plenty of receivers to play. If we're only going to use him 5-6 plays a game and not put the ball in his hands, I'd just prefer he redshirt and save a year.

I guess the next thing you tell us is that Shumpert is still the answer at RB....

Treemydawg
09-30-2015, 06:47 PM

What is it?
Haha I laughed. Ease up with the ban hammer fellas I think it's a legit question.

War Machine Dawg
09-30-2015, 06:49 PM

My ridiculous post was meant to be just that; ridiculous. Insinuating that I think it's ridiculous to have a talent the caliber of Donald Gray and not utilize him. We have plenty of receivers to play. If we're only going to use him 5-6 plays a game and not put the ball in his hands, I'd just prefer he redshirt and save a year.

I guess the next thing you tell us is that Shumpert is still the answer at RB....

I think most people who aren't trying to be self-important knew exactly what you were doing. It made me laugh, anyway. And nice Bull Durham reference.

MzTerry
09-30-2015, 06:54 PM

He has already redshirted fr yr at juco

Ifyouonlyknew
09-30-2015, 06:55 PM

He played 20+ plays last week. Again once he's on the field it's on he & Dak.

godlluB
09-30-2015, 07:27 PM
He played 20+ plays last week. Again once he's on the field it's on he & Dak.

This. OP is still a moron.

chef dixon
09-30-2015, 08:38 PM
I mentioned several times I was skeptical of how high so many people were on him during the preseason. Regardless of their talent, we don't really have a ton of guys under Mullen who come in and just make a huge splash in their first year with the team, especially from JUCO.

Todd4State
09-30-2015, 08:47 PM
I think part of the "problem" is Gray is playing somewhat out of position right now as an outside WR. He needs to play in the slot where he can use his speed and shiftiness to make plays. And I'm not going to criticize Dan for how he has him playing right now simply because slot in our system has to learn option routes and that takes a lot of time and reps to be on the same page with the QB or we're going to have a lot of incompletions and or INT's because of lack of communication. Gray is going to have to learn the entire offense and get comfortable with it before we really see him blossom unless it's against someone like Northwestern State where he can just outrun the other team's CB.

So, I expect him to be Hell on wheels against Troy and maybe La Tech but not really have a huge impact in SEC play.

I actually think Gabe Myles is our best slot WR right now. Not saying that Ross shouldn't play or start- just that I think Myles is playing better right now.

Todd4State
09-30-2015, 08:50 PM
I mentioned several times I was skeptical of how high so many people were on him during the preseason. Regardless of their talent, we don't really have a ton of guys under Mullen who come in and just make a huge splash in their first year with the team, especially from JUCO.

We just have to accept the fact that most of our JUCO guys are going to take a year to develop as well. Probably via redshirt.

And yes I get the "you should expect a JUCO to contribute immediately" argument. That worked under Jackie.

With Dan we're probably better off bringing in as many HS kids as possible and developing them and use Co-Lin as a AAA affiliate for guys that don't qualify like Champion and Durr.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-30-2015, 09:01 PM
I think part of the "problem" is Gray is playing somewhat out of position right now as an outside WR. He needs to play in the slot where he can use his speed and shiftiness to make plays. And I'm not going to criticize Dan for how he has him playing right now simply because slot in our system has to learn option routes and that takes a lot of time and reps to be on the same page with the QB or we're going to have a lot of incompletions and or INT's because of lack of communication. Gray is going to have to learn the entire offense and get comfortable with it before we really see him blossom unless it's against someone like Northwestern State where he can just outrun the other team's CB.

So, I expect him to be Hell on wheels against Troy and maybe La Tech but not really have a huge impact in SEC play.

I actually think Gabe Myles is our best slot WR right now. Not saying that Ross shouldn't play or start- just that I think Myles is playing better right now.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree on his best position. He's an outside WR that's all he played. He also should've had a TD against Auburn if Dak doesn't overthrow him. Bear has games where Dak doesn't target him enough I don't know why you guys think Gray is any different.

Really Clark?
09-30-2015, 09:01 PM

He also played outside for Co-Lin. So maybe trying to ease him in this year at the position he played in JUCO to help get him involved sooner.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-30-2015, 09:03 PM
We just have to accept the fact that most of our JUCO guys are going to take a year to develop as well. Probably via redshirt.

And yes I get the "you should expect a JUCO to contribute immediately" argument. That worked under Jackie.

With Dan we're probably better off bringing in as many HS kids as possible and developing them and use Co-Lin as a AAA affiliate for guys that don't qualify like Champion and Durr.

It's just not as many instant impact Juco guys like In the 90's. OM also had 2 highly recruited juco guys this past class (DJ Jones & Tony Bridges) & neither have blown the doors off either. Avery Gennessey had to RS last year at A&M. Just the way it is now.

Really Clark?
09-30-2015, 09:08 PM
It's just not as many instant impact Juco guys like In the 90's. OM also had 2 highly recruited juco guys this past class (DJ Jones & Tony Bridges) & neither have blown the doors off either. Avery Gennessey had to RS last year at A&M. Just the way it is now.

I remember a lot of people losing their heads over 5 star all world Hooks when he decided on UNM over us. He never really contributed to much them either.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-30-2015, 09:10 PM
I'd just prefer he redshirt and save a year.

Please God, make it stop. You can't redshirt but ONCE. Not TWICE. Exceptions are a medical hardship 6th year.

Todd4State
09-30-2015, 09:19 PM
We're just going to have to agree to disagree on his best position. He's an outside WR that's all he played. He also should've had a TD against Auburn if Dak doesn't overthrow him. Bear has games where Dak doesn't target him enough I don't know why you guys think Gray is any different.

That was HS and JUCO. It's different when you are in the SEC going up a CB that is just as fast and just as athletic- but now has a size advantage over him. That was probably a factor in Dak overthrowing him- because Dak knows he's not likely to win a jump ball situation on the outside unless his vertical is NBA caliber- so Dak had to make sure he got it way out in front of him. I'm pretty sure Dak throws to whomever is open and he doesn't really appear to favor any one player. We have three guys that have 15 or more receptions including Bear and five total (including the previously mentioned three) with 10 or more receptions this year- including one running back.

I think I remember Paul saying that we were using Gray some in the slot in fall practice during some of his reports as well. And if I remember correctly we started Ross out on the outside as well.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-30-2015, 09:21 PM
That was HS and JUCO. It's different when you are in the SEC going up a CB that is just as fast and just as athletic- but now has a size advantage over him. That was probably a factor in Dak overthrowing him- because Dak knows he's not likely to win a jump ball situation on the outside unless his vertical is NBA caliber- so Dak had to make sure he got it way out in front of him. I'm pretty sure Dak throws to whomever is open and he doesn't really appear to favor any one player. We have three guys that have 15 or more receptions including Bear and five total (including the previously mentioned three) with 10 or more receptions this year- including one running back.

I think I remember Paul saying that we were using Gray some in the slot in fall practice during some of his reports as well. And if I remember correctly we started Ross out on the outside as well.

It was just a bad throw by Dak. He had 2-3 steps on the DB.

Todd4State
09-30-2015, 09:22 PM

Times change I suppose. Lends even more credence as to why our fans should pump the brakes on guys like Rankin contributing immediately and also pump the brakes on calling him a bust because he didn't come in and dominate right away.

Todd4State
09-30-2015, 09:24 PM
Please God, make it stop. You can't redshirt but ONCE. Not TWICE. Exceptions are a medical hardship 6th year.

In fairness to our fans- most guys in JUCO don't redshirt. So they just assume that most JUCO's have that option.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-30-2015, 09:41 PM
In fairness to our fans- most guys in JUCO don't redshirt. So they just assume that most JUCO's have that option.

True. But fans who think they know more about Donald Gray than the head coach should know he has already redshirted.

Todd4State
09-30-2015, 09:44 PM
True. But fans who think they know more about Donald Gray than the head coach should know he has already redshirted.

If you are referring to me, I didn't say anything about redshirting Gray.

If you are not referring to me, carry on.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-30-2015, 09:45 PM
If you are referring to me, I didn't say anything about redshirting Gray.

If you are not referring to me, carry on.

Not referring to you.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-30-2015, 09:46 PM
Times change I suppose. Lends even more credence as to why our fans should pump the brakes on guys like Rankin contributing immediately and also pump the brakes on calling him a bust because he didn't come in and dominate right away.

Definitely agree on this.

SheltonChoked
10-01-2015, 06:55 AM
How many slot guys do you want to play? Ross is the starter. Miles has been very good. Everyone wants Dear on the filed more. And now you want to move Gray there too. Assuming 80 plays a game I'd rather he be in the outside. That's what he is more comfortable with, and where he can play more. And where we can have multiple explosive playmakers on the field together.

mic
10-01-2015, 11:30 AM
Just makes my point on how ridiculous the post was from the get go..

Hurt a hammy in USM game.. So wasn't 100% against LSU
Puts up 140 game 3
Plays basically 1/3 the offensive snaps against Aub

So next time someone tries to become the message board comedian , make sure you don't end up looking like a clown after...