PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see the Buddy Stephens deal live.

Coursesuper
09-30-2015, 02:57 PM
Something had to be going on for sometime before that. If he keeps his job it will be miracle

Ifyouonlyknew
09-30-2015, 03:00 PM
Buddy Stephens is a legend in Scooba no way he loses his job.

lachepas565
09-30-2015, 03:01 PM
I don't think so - I just watched it on the CL and you clearly see the other guy throw the clip board first and I'm not sure if anything that Stephens did could be really described as a punch - more like lunging. EMMC has already kinda stood by him - I don't think they would back down now.

Homedawg
09-30-2015, 03:06 PM

I wish this were wrong.

Coursesuper
09-30-2015, 03:33 PM

Unless it was a TV offical it looks like it was the clip man I'm the chain crew. I've work hundreds of football games at every officials position on the field and seen a lot of stupid from coaches. But this is beyond any of that, these guys had to have had something going on for a while before the incident went down. What did the coach say to get the clipboard thrown at him and why was the coach that far out of the box in first place.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-30-2015, 03:37 PM
Unless it was a TV offical it looks like it was the clip man I'm the chain crew. I've work hundreds of football games at every officials position on the field and seen a lot of stupid from coaches. But this is beyond any of that, these guys had to have had something going on for a while before the incident went down. What did the coach say to get the clipboard thrown at him and why was the coach that far out of the box in first place.

I'm sure Buddy said something uncalled for but the ref administrator was still in the wrong for throwing the clipboard. He's not a game ref so any contact with the coach should be handled by the game crew anyway.

Coursesuper
09-30-2015, 03:45 PM
I would have tossed them both right there. We called a game in 9:00 min left one night when one kid ran up across the line and kicked the center right in the facamask. Shit happens, but the head coach has to be cooler than that. Or this had been going on for about a half or so.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-30-2015, 03:50 PM
I would have tossed them both right there. We called a game in 9:00 min left one night when one kid ran up across the line and kicked the center right in the facamask. Shit happens, but the head coach has to be cooler than that. Or this had been going on for about a half or so.

Oh I agree both Stephens & the administrator should be suspended for at least a game. Just saying it's plenty of blame to go on both sides.

Homedawg
09-30-2015, 04:03 PM

The other participant was the alternate official, not a regular w that crew.

Homedawg
09-30-2015, 04:04 PM
Oh I agree both Stephens & the administrator should be suspended for at least a game. Just saying it's plenty of blame to go on both sides.

Both are going to get 2 games. Stephens is a jackass. Period. With that said, the alternate should be suspended as well. What he did was stupid too

tcdog70
09-30-2015, 04:19 PM
The official hit Buddy and threw his clip Board First. Buddy left to press box on his on accord. Buddy is high strung and needs to keep a cooler head. But official went stupid.

Homedawg
09-30-2015, 04:26 PM
The official hit Buddy and threw his clip Board First. Buddy left to press box on his on accord. Buddy is high strung and needs to keep a cooler head. But official went stupid.

We can agree the official went stupid. But so did buddy. He threw a damn punch!!! Just because he did he second doesn't make him less accountable.

Dallas_Dawg
09-30-2015, 04:27 PM
This must be why Stephens is still at Scooba after the run he has had

DCdawg
09-30-2015, 04:39 PM
Stephens suspended 2 games according to an EMCC release.

tcdog70
09-30-2015, 06:43 PM
We can agree the official went stupid. But so did buddy. He threw a damn punch!!! Just because he did he second doesn't make him less accountable.

You are correct. Both were wrong. I officiated for over twenty years. An official doesn't have to take abuse from a Coach but you must not lose your head.

Thrill1
09-30-2015, 07:02 PM
In Robby Donahoo's (WCBI anchor) eyewitness account, he said Stephens was asked by the game admin to move behind the 3 yard white space on the sideline. Stephens mouthed off with profanities & ignored him. This was the powder keg, and has to be a partial reason behind his suspension. Obviously the admin then went ballistic.

Coursesuper
09-30-2015, 08:15 PM
In Robby Donahoo's (WCBI anchor) eyewitness account, he said Stephens was asked by the game admin to move behind the 3 yard white space on the sideline. Stephens mouthed off with profanities & ignored him. This was the powder keg, and has to be a partial reason behind his suspension. Obviously the admin then went ballistic.

You know that comes with the territory if you are going be an official the coach had to cross the line with the alt official, Stephens was at least 15 yards out of the box chasing the official down the side line before the official threw the clip board. So Stephens is a dick for sure. Is the official at fault, yes, was he provoked, yes, but the coach is just as guilty here and from what I can see was the aggressor. All in a bush league move, in the bush leagues.

tireddawg
09-30-2015, 08:26 PM

If someone hits me with a clipboard, or anything, and it doesn't knock me out or kill me, we probably gonna fight. Its fight or flight & I can't fly. I do hate to see crap like that though.

Todd4State
09-30-2015, 08:58 PM
You know that comes with the territory if you are going be an official the coach had to cross the line with the alt official, Stephens was at least 15 yards out of the box chasing the official down the side line before the official threw the clip board. So Stephens is a dick for sure. Is the official at fault, yes, was he provoked, yes, but the coach is just as guilty here and from what I can see was the aggressor. All in a bush league move, in the bush leagues.

I agree. I read the EMCC side on twitter and it sounded like the official was mainly at fault, but now it has come to light that Stephens ran up the field. And you are 100% correct about the official who threw the clipboard. You can't do that. All the official can do is kick Stephens out of the game if he sees fit and that would have been mostly the end of it.

Todd4State
09-30-2015, 08:59 PM
If someone hits me with a clipboard, or anything, and it doesn't knock me out or kill me, we probably gonna fight. Its fight or flight & I can't fly. I do hate to see crap like that though.

I think it would shock me to where I would be like "Did he really just throw a clipboard at me? WTF?"

Homedawg
09-30-2015, 09:00 PM

So are you saying what buddy did is ok? Just asking. Your defense is clearly one sided. Mine- not so much, they both deserve everything they got, and more. And let's be clear, dude didn't just push buddy because he didn't like him.....

notsofarawaydawg
09-30-2015, 09:19 PM
[QUOTE=Thrill1;421221]In Robby Donahoo's (WCBI anchor) eyewitness account, he said Stephens was asked by the game admin to move behind the 3 yard white space on the sideline. Stephens mouthed off with profanities & ignored him. This was the powder keg, and has to be a partial reason behind his suspension. Obviously the admin then went ballistic.[/QUOTE

Robby actually has everything on video but has turned it over to the community college association. He said it would not be released until a decision had been made on suspensions.

Homedawg
09-30-2015, 09:37 PM
Well he can turn it over, the decisions have been made as of today unless the officals association has a change of heart, he's getting 2 games as well

notsofarawaydawg
10-01-2015, 09:36 AM
Said alternate official ran onto the field and got behind one of the crew after he threw the clipboard at Buddy .. what a p*ssy !!

lachepas565
10-01-2015, 09:49 AM

Stephens wasn't 15 yards outside of the box in the video I saw - maybe he was before it, but he looked to be in the correct spot in the video I saw. In fact, I have questions why there would be an alt official there - shouldn't he be off the field somewhere?

Homedawg
10-01-2015, 11:07 AM
I've seen a different video and Stephens is just bumping and cussing the hell out of the guy. Doesn't allow the alternate to do what he did, but to say buddy didn't initiate contact, as emcc said in there statement........well.....