PDA

View Full Version : Asschaps best one yet

justwin
09-30-2015, 12:21 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13777602/ole-miss-rebels-qb-chad-kelly-takes-advantage-second-chance

There's the moxie to even attempt the throw, when many quarterbacks -- and his own coach -- would probably prefer he just took a sack. ~ Asschaps grabs us early and buckles us in

But just days after committing to Ole Miss, he was arrested for fighting bouncers and resisting arrest outside a Buffalo, New York, nightclub in December.....all just a misunderstanding, nothing to see.

and cue the human interest portion: There's a fieriness about Kelly that is unmistakable, but there's also a softer side he usually hides. It's the side that sometimes cries over the loss of his grandmother Peggy, who passed away after a battle with cancer in March on the same day he left on a mission trip to Haiti with Freeze and teammates. There's the kid "too scared" to be seen on campus at Clemson so he wore a hoodie to class for an entire year.

Kelly is sifting through the chaos, using talent, guts and a little bit of luck to create his own path. ~ nice lasting impression to leave us with. Poor kid is just a victim of his surroundings.

Whatever the Network is paying Asschaps, they need to double it. Maybe triple it. I never thought Asschaps could outdo his countless 2013 recruiting articles, but he really stepped up here and delivered. Obviously, Asschaps has spent a considerable amount of time around the OM program to get this access to tell the true story. I keep waiting for him to release his piece on Tunsil and his doings instead of just retweeting other journalists work (limited findings).

Mjoelner34
09-30-2015, 12:33 PM
Kelly is sifting through the chaos, using talent, guts, occasionally an AK and a little bit of luck to create his own path.

FIF Asschaps

scottycameron
09-30-2015, 12:51 PM
how come he's such an OM fan suddenly? Are they paying off everybody now? And what is the little side story at the end about the Davis kid. Isn't he Butch Davis' kid? What kind of shennanigans are behind that whole ordeal?

Sirbarksalot
09-30-2015, 03:49 PM
I realize I'm risking a hammer here, but I like his stuff. He may be an OM homer from Oxford, but all of his stuff is really well written. They are the darling right now, so you write what makes you money.

Kind of off topic and I realize that I'm in the minority here but I wish our MSU media guys were so ****** homerish. For the most part, BeastManSteve is the only one I can stand to read. He is by no means negative or anything like that but I feel like I am getting a straight story from him. I'm pretty sure Robertson, Swindoll and Faulk would have been writing stories pumping up Rocky Felker despite his absolute incompetence if they had been around in the late 80's. I mean don't get me wrong, I love a good Bear bashing and I ring my bell as loud as anyone, but when I want to read an editorial I don't want to feel like smoke is getting blown up my ass.

Coach34
09-30-2015, 03:58 PM
Those guys are paid to be homerish- just like Yancy, Johnson, Chuck, and Neal.

Asschaps is ok. He called our win over Auburn on Finebaum and even said it might not be close. It is what it is- had we beaten LSU, we'd be getting more love. But our delay of game has delayed the love. We have to go earn it this Saturday if we want it

Beaver
09-30-2015, 03:59 PM
Eh, it's more of a glorified biography than anything else. Here's the line that go me though... "Kelly has been humbled and tamed in a sense that has made him one of the nation's best quarterbacks."

Funny how a guy can play 4 games (including 3 against vastly inferior opponents) and suddenly be one of the nation's best quarterbacks.

shannondawg
09-30-2015, 04:08 PM
Is the "delay of the game" the new 'Stansbury Sucks"?:cool:

Mjoelner34
09-30-2015, 04:09 PM
Eh, it's more of a glorified biography than anything else. Here's the line that go me though... "Kelly has been humbled and tamed in a sense that has made him one of the nation's best quarterbacks."

Funny how a guy can play 4 games (including 3 against vastly inferior opponents) and suddenly be one of the nation's best quarterbacks.

Jeremy Johnson and Kenny Trill agree with this!

Sirbarksalot
09-30-2015, 04:15 PM

Asschaps is ok. He called our win over Auburn on Finebaum and even said it might not be close. It is what it is- had we beaten LSU, we'd be getting more love. But our delay of game has delayed the love. We have to go earn it this Saturday if we want it

I guess that is a good point, I just don't have to deal with anyone else's homers. I feel like from what I have read that McCready is a good bit less homerish than the others you mentioned and at least not afraid to point out the obvious when something is blatantly shitty in Bear-land. I don't know if a non-biased "beat writer" exists, but I sure wish we had one. Like I said, I am a big fan of Steve, I just feel like he is on an island by himself.

Agree 100% on the "no respect" nonsense. Last year we were #1 in the nation for 5 weeks...that is the definition of "getting respect". If we win this weekend we will likely move up inside the top 15 and maybe we can shut down the whole "no respect" narrative for a couple weeks.

ETA - since I have the top dawg on the line for a moment - what is "vcash"?

State82
09-30-2015, 04:35 PM
Is the "delay of the game" the new 'Stansbury Sucks"?:cool:

It should be because at 4 mil per year that is an inexcusable faux pas.

MSUDawg99
09-30-2015, 04:37 PM
I guess that is a good point, I just don't have to deal with anyone else's homers. I feel like from what I have read that McCready is a good bit less homerish than the others you mentioned and at least not afraid to point out the obvious when something is blatantly shitty in Bear-land. I don't know if a non-biased "beat writer" exists, but I sure wish we had one. Like I said, I am a big fan of Steve, I just feel like he is on an island by himself.

Agree 100% on the "no respect" nonsense. Last year we were #1 in the nation for 5 weeks...that is the definition of "getting respect". If we win this weekend we will likely move up inside the top 15 and maybe we can shut down the whole "no respect" narrative for a couple weeks.

ETA - since I have the top dawg on the line for a moment - what is "vcash"?

You have 500 in vCash money. It's used for betting on games & such here on ED. 'War Machine Dawg' could explain better.

BulldogBear
09-30-2015, 05:12 PM
All I wanna know is who is going to play Kelly in the movie? And will it be called "The Hind Side?"

Sirbarksalot
09-30-2015, 05:15 PM
You have 500 in vCash money. It's used for betting on games & such here on ED. 'War Machine Dawg' could explain better.

Got it. Thanks for the info.

justwin
09-30-2015, 05:16 PM
[QUOTE=Sirbarksalot;421150]I realize I'm risking a hammer here, but I like his stuff. He may be an OM homer from Oxford, but all of his stuff is really well written. They are the darling right now, so you write what makes you money.

The problem with Asschaps is that for every 3 articles he writes, one is OM homer piece......done 365 days a year to promote 'crootin and the perception. Yeah, he's a decent writer compared to other sports beatniks, but he only saves his praise and best writing for OM. I don't like that a Nat'l forum like the ESPN blog has an OM glory piece multiple times a week all by him. It would be nice if he wrote half as glowingly about the other teams in the SEC that he is supposed to cover, but he doesn't. Hell, I'd take a quarter. Instead, he's matter of fact and concise when writing about other teams, especially MSU. This is the same dickwod who tried to make the MS flag an MSU & Dan Mullen problem at media days despite the university's public stance on removing it. Anyone with sense knows that the MS flag issue is primarily an OM problem and has nothing to do with MSU.

It would be different if he wrote about every darling the way he writes about OM. Plus, the guy hasn't reported anything on the entire Tunsil situation which is bogus considering how often he writes OM glory pieces. I understand he's getting sweet $ by the "Network", it's obvious. But at least show some integrity, do your job, and attempt write well of the other schools that ESPN is paying you to cover. Is he really wanting us to believe that Kelly was just to competitive to be at Clemson (arguing about a 4th down punt decision) or trying to replicate Dak's organic story (mother-cancer) by mentioning Swag's g'mother that passed the same way or how much he has to endure and overcome everyday...b/c of his past that he helped create "even when everyone wanted to turn on him". Give me a break.

Sirbarksalot
09-30-2015, 05:19 PM
All I wanna know is who is going to play Kelly in the movie? And will it be called "The Hind Side?"

Is Justin Beiber considered an actor?

justwin
09-30-2015, 05:20 PM

I know what you're saying, but it's a little different b/c he's paid by ESPN to cover the entire SEC unlike the OM fab four you mention. Asschaps called a blowout loss to us to LSU. Hell, he said he thought Nkem should get SEC Offensive player of the week. He also repeatedly refers to any EB win by them a blowout. Dude has never referred to their ass raping by TCU a blowout.

we MIGHT be getting more love had we beat LSU, but it wouldn't be the levels that he gives to OM.