Julien Obioha
Appendix
"?" Saturday vs. Mississippi St

BeardoMSU
09-30-2015, 09:57 AM
Is Speedy still injured?

starkvegasdawg
09-30-2015, 10:02 AM
I guess not. I had forgotten he had gotten hurt.

starkvegasdawg
09-30-2015, 10:05 AM
I just looked. This season he has played in 3 games and had 6 catches for 68 yards and one TD. Does not list where he has started any of the games this year, though.

msstate7
09-30-2015, 10:09 AM
Is Speedy still injured?

Lsu fans claim it was a suspension, not an injury. This claim got the Aggies riled up

DancingRabbit
09-30-2015, 10:12 AM
Lsu fans claim it was a suspension, not an injury. This claim got the Aggies riled up

I saw a comment that it was supposedly a hamstring issue. No idea if that's accurate.

Jack Lambert
09-30-2015, 10:18 AM
I guess not. I had forgotten he had gotten hurt.

I listen to Sumerlins press conference. It wasn't said but from what I read into it was he was out. I might very well miss read it.

starkvegasdawg
09-30-2015, 10:21 AM
I listen to Sumerlins press conference. It wasn't said but from what I read into it was he was out. I might very well miss read it.

Huge blow for them and big break for us if he is out.

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2015, 10:21 AM
Was listening to an A&M reporter talk about their team yesterday & apparently they have real problems at LB. The reporter basically said their LB crew was shallow & sucked.

Wonder how we will exploit that?

DancingRabbit
09-30-2015, 10:24 AM
Is Speedy still injured?

From this morning, "not 100%", "still nicked up".

Not letting on whether he will play. Sounds like one of those "day to day" deals.

http://www.theeagle.com/aggie_sports/football/speedy-noil-still-not-percent/article_f88fc34c-6782-11e5-b7d4-d77662e11901.html

Thompson92
09-30-2015, 10:33 AM
Was listening to an A&M reporter talk about their team yesterday & apparently they have real problems at LB. The reporter basically said their LB crew was shallow & sucked.

Wonder how we will exploit that?

Quick passes to Myles/Ross/Dear/Shump/TEs. Alaka is their best LB, without him they're weak. Get the ball away from their D-line.

MSUDawg4Life
09-30-2015, 10:51 AM
Quick passes to Myles/Ross/Dear/Shump/TEs. Alaka is their best LB, without him they're weak. Get the ball away from their D-line.

Plus a power running game ... if we had one.

smh

aeroag14
09-30-2015, 11:12 AM
09/30/15
RB
James White
Undisclosed
out indefinitely

09/30/15
LB
Otaro Alaka
Undisclosed

09/27/15
P
Drew Kaser
Leg

09/27/15
DL
Julien Obioha
Appendix

Howdy Dogs. Don't worry I come I. Peace bearing gifts of injury information.

James White is still out indefinitely. No one knows exactly what is wrong. But it was speculated that he went out in the asu game with a hip pointer. His is a big hit on the offense as much of the offense this season was supposed to be based around a 2 back set with White and Carson as the two mainstays. We are thin at running back so it'll be big when white comes back. There has been speculation the last couple games that he would be back but he hasn't hit the field. He was suited up last Saturday but never played.

No one knows what is up with Alaka. There are two theories right now, one is he has a shoulder issue, the other is that he has the flu. Alaka is probably the best linebacker on the team so this is a big one. As to another post about our backers, they aren't terrible. They are just the most injury prone group of players I have ever seen. I wouldn't be surprised if three of our top 4 guys end up playing on Sunday's, they are very talented, but the issue is that they are never all on the field at the same time and never seem to be 100% healthy. Hopefully alaka just had the flu and will play

Kaser is good to go. He got hit hard in the asu game on a roughing the punter and left the game but came back in the Nevada game. He is another important piece as he is, arguably, the best punter in the country.

Obioha is good to go! He shook some rust off last week but should be rounding back into form over the next few weeks

Speedy is an interesting situation. He has gone through some off the field issues in the past, but that doesn't seem to be the issue right now. He has played sparingly (and that's being generous). Sumlin won't disclose the injury but it seems like it has to be a minor hammy issue. If I had to guess l, he will see the field Saturday but not at 100%. It's a big loss but it luckily comes at our deepest position. Kirk and Reynolds have both looked like future first round draft picks thus far and we have (to an extent) made up for speedys absence with a combination of Damion Rately, Jeremy Tabuyo and Boone Niederhoffer.

All that said, it should be an awesome game this weekend! I am expecting a close one, with the ags pulling it out at the end ;). If you're making the trip to aggieland you're in for a treat! Kyle field is looking immaculate, the weather should be perfect and, with it being a night game, the tailgating should be off the charts!!

Maroon_and_white
09-30-2015, 11:27 AM

James White is still out indefinitely. No one knows exactly what is wrong. But it was speculated that he went out in the asu game with a hip pointer. His is a big hit on the offense as much of the offense this season was supposed to be based around a 2 back set with White and Carson as the two mainstays. We are thin at running back so it'll be big when white comes back. There has been speculation the last couple games that he would be back but he hasn't hit the field. He was suited up last Saturday but never played.

No one knows what is up with Alaka. There are two theories right now, one is he has a shoulder issue, the other is that he has the flu. Alaka is probably the best linebacker on the team so this is a big one. As to another post about our backers, they aren't terrible. They are just the most injury prone group of players I have ever seen. I wouldn't be surprised if three of our top 4 guys end up playing on Sunday's, they are very talented, but the issue is that they are never all on the field at the same time and never seem to be 100% healthy. Hopefully alaka just had the flu and will play

Kaser is good to go. He got hit hard in the asu game on a roughing the punter and left the game but came back in the Nevada game. He is another important piece as he is, arguably, the best punter in the country.

Obioha is good to go! He shook some rust off last week but should be rounding back into form over the next few weeks

Speedy is an interesting situation. He has gone through some off the field issues in the past, but that doesn't seem to be the issue right now. He has played sparingly (and that's being generous). Sumlin won't disclose the injury but it seems like it has to be a minor hammy issue. If I had to guess l, he will see the field Saturday but not at 100%. It's a big loss but it luckily comes at our deepest position. Kirk and Reynolds have both looked like future first round draft picks thus far and we have (to an extent) made up for speedys absence with a combination of Damion Rately, Jeremy Tabuyo and Boone Niederhoffer.

All that said, it should be an awesome game this weekend! I am expecting a close one, with the ags pulling it out at the end ;). If you're making the trip to aggieland you're in for a treat! Kyle field is looking immaculate, the weather should be perfect and, with it being a night game, the tailgating should be off the charts!!

Thanks for update. No mention of the talented Seals Jones speaks to the depth at WR for you, I've thought since beginning of year you all had most talented group of WR's in SEC. For our sake, I hope Noil is limited.

bulldawg28
09-30-2015, 11:33 AM

I wouldn't be so confident of an A&M win Saturday

aeroag14
09-30-2015, 11:33 AM
Thanks for update. No mention of the talented Seals Jones speaks to the depth at WR for you, I've thought since beginning of year you all had most talented group of WR's in SEC. For our sake, I hope Noil is limited.

Ricky Seals-Jones has been starting but his production is just not there. He has shown VAST improvement in run and downfield blocking and he is even getting open a really large percentage of the time (over the middle of the field from his slot spot). Kyle Allen just doesn't seem to be seeing him very often. There just doesn't seem to be much chemistry between the two. But getting him going would be huge for the offense. It hasn't been an issue yet because we have other guys that have gotten open as well but At 6'5" and with his speed, RSJ is the epitome of a match up nightmare in the slot position.

aeroag14
09-30-2015, 11:54 AM
I wouldn't be so confident of an A&M win Saturday

Mehh. This A&M team was the youngest in the west last season when they came to Starkville, had a head case for a qb (who was replaced by a true fish just a few weeks later) and set a school record for dropped passes in the game last year which was their first real road game of the season.

Another year of experience/development and a significantly improved (albeit still not yet great) defense has this as a definitively improved A&M team. Furthermore, this game is in College Station. With the completed renovations, including the closing of the south endzone, addition of awnings and filling in the corners of the stadium, Kyle Field was noticeably louder (even for Ball State) than before (as the sound just escaped the stadium before it was enclosed). With the game being at night, between two top 25 division foes, in front of a sold out crowd (including 31,000+ member 12th man), it will literally bet the loudest game in Kyle Field History.

I don't expect Dak and co. to be intimidated but the 12th man will affect the game in a way that I don't think many expect.

I wouldn't say that I am completely "confident" in a win (as state has playmakers and a lot of experience), but I do think A&M is the more overall talented team and will be playing with the support of one of the absolute best home field advantages in the country. Making me think the game sets up relatively nicely for the Ags.

msstate7
09-30-2015, 11:58 AM
Mehh. This A&M team was the youngest in the west last season when they came to Starkville, had a head case for a qb (who was replaced by a true fish just a few weeks later) and set a school record for dropped passes in the game last year which was their first real road game of the season.

Another year of experience/development and a significantly improved (albeit still not yet great) defense has this as a definitively improved A&M team. Furthermore, this game is in College Station. With the completed renovations, including the closing of the south endzone, addition of awnings and filling in the corners of the stadium, Kyle Field was noticeably louder (even for Ball State) than before (as the sound just escaped the stadium before it was enclosed). With the game being at night, between two top 25 division foes, in front of a sold out crowd (including 31,000+ member 12th man), it will literally bet the loudest game in Kyle Field History.

I don't expect Dak and co. to be intimidated but the 12th man will affect the game in a way that I don't think many expect.

I wouldn't say that I am completely "confident" in a win (as state has playmakers and a lot of experience), but I do think A&M is the more overall talented team and will be playing with the support of one of the absolute best home field advantages in the country. Making me think the game sets up relatively nicely for the Ags.

Since the expansion, what's your sec record at home? Road?

aeroag14
09-30-2015, 12:00 PM
Edit: Sorry, just saw "SEC" record.

Havent yet played an SEC game in New Kyle!

msstate7
09-30-2015, 12:03 PM
2-0 at home.
2-0 at neutral site

I'm an idiot. I was thinking you completed expansion last year. Either way, you've been a much better road team in sec play than home team

aeroag14
09-30-2015, 12:06 PM
I'm an idiot. I was thinking you completed expansion last year. Either way, you've been a much better road team in sec play than home team

We have been better on the road than at home. Which is kind of weird. Either way, the atmosphere will be absolutely the loudest it has ever been at Kyle Field.

PhiAggie
09-30-2015, 12:09 PM
First SEC night game in new Kyle. This atmosphere should be great!

PhiAggie
09-30-2015, 12:10 PM
Any place to find the Bulldog injury report? Is everyone coming to CS?

msstate7
09-30-2015, 12:12 PM
Any place to find the Bulldog injury report? Is everyone coming to CS?

Give it an hour or 2... Someone should come on here in full panic mode from seeing a player in a walking boot**

engie
09-30-2015, 12:14 PM

It was actually bigger last year, yes. They removed seats this year. Ole Miss played a night game there in front of the biggest crowd in SEC history last year. At least for the first quarter or so.

aeroag14
09-30-2015, 12:18 PM
I was bigger last year but still not fully enclosed nor even as loud as it appeared to be against Ball State. Again though, terrible defense and basket case for a qb was a bad combination against any real team. Not guaranteeing an Aggie win by any means, but this A&M team is definitely a much better team at this point this season than the one that lost to Ole Miss last year.

Bubb Rubb
09-30-2015, 12:19 PM

The A&M game will be a challenge for State. However, stadium noise and atmosphere will not be an issue.

msstate7
09-30-2015, 12:22 PM
I was bigger last year but still not fully enclosed nor even as loud as it appeared to be against Ball State. Again though, terrible defense and basket case for a qb was a bad combination against any real team. Not guaranteeing an Aggie win by any means, but this A&M team is definitely a much better team at this point this season than the one that lost to Ole Miss last year.

Maybe you're better... Last season you beat an overrated South Carolina team badly, 2 cupcakes, and Arkansas in ot.

This year you beat an overrated asu team, 2 cupcakes, and Arkansas in ot.

starkvegasdawg
09-30-2015, 12:34 PM
Injuries aside...when are you going to get some female cheerleaders? About to think you should just put a big rainbow at midfield.

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2015, 12:43 PM

I bet you thought you were pretty good after three games last year as well.

We'll find out if you are better on Saturday.

chef dixon
09-30-2015, 12:50 PM
I bet you thought you were pretty good after three games last year as well.

We'll find out if you are better on Saturday.

It's funny because if we were A&M fans, with their roster, we would be predicting a blowout. Aggie fans should be confident in this game at home.

People that don't follow MSU very hard always dismiss us to an extent by name alone, but we know we have a certain amount of swag that can be lethal if firing on all cylinders. Hopefully it will be saturday night.

aeroag14
09-30-2015, 12:52 PM
Haha have you had the chance to get to Kyle Field before? If not, then you totally should go and see the Yell leaders in action in person before judging them too much!

I have rarely, if ever (I am having trouble remembering any instances), heard from people who have been to Kyle Field/Yell practice and thought that the yell leaders weren't a pretty cool tradition.

And to be totally honest, I would much rather have the girls that would be cheerleaders up in the stands as our dates :)

LC Dawg
09-30-2015, 01:11 PM
Edit: Sorry, just saw "SEC" record.

Havent yet played an SEC game in New Kyle!

You guys have been pumping that 12th man factor for a while so you don't get to change it to "just wait to you hear New Kyle" just to fit your current narrative. You haven't been that good at home since you've joined the SEC and it has a lot less to do with Kyle Field than with the fact that you are having to play big boy football now.

MSUDawg4Life
09-30-2015, 01:12 PM
Haha have you had the chance to get to Kyle Field before? If not, then you totally should go and see the Yell leaders in action in person before judging them too much!

I have rarely, if ever (I am having trouble remembering any instances), heard from people who have been to Kyle Field/Yell practice and thought that the yell leaders weren't a pretty cool tradition.

And to be totally honest, I would much rather have the girls that would be cheerleaders up in the stands as our dates :)

Please.

Those poor girls are mere beards.

http://gifs.utexasclan.com/preview/squeeze.jpg

http://queerty-prodweb.s3.amazonaws.com/wp/docs/2011/06/gay_am_texas_corps.jpg

http://media.arkansasonline.com/img/photos/2011/09/07/1cyeller38pxffCLR_t598.jpg?b7052f07a6139e7088ebc43 100469802b2560d37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrYju5a18e8

sandwolf
09-30-2015, 01:39 PM

Near about every person that I know that has seen them in person has commented on how 'unusual' (read queer) the yell leaders were. I respect yall's football team and I enjoy watching Sumlin's dynamic offenses, but the yell leaders are most definitely not viewed as a 'cool tradition' by the vast majority of heterosexual college football fans.

PhiAggie
09-30-2015, 01:41 PM
Tough crowd.

Big boy football? 4-0 vs Arkansas, 2-1 vs Ole Miss, Miss St, Auburn, 1-2 vs Bama, 0-3 vs LSU. Not too bad...

Miss St is 3-0 vs Arkansas, 2-1 vs Auburn 1-2 vs Ole Miss, LSU, A&M, 0-3 vs Bama

Looks pretty even.

starkvegasdawg
09-30-2015, 01:42 PM
Please.

Those poor girls are mere beards.

http://gifs.utexasclan.com/preview/squeeze.jpg

http://queerty-prodweb.s3.amazonaws.com/wp/docs/2011/06/gay_am_texas_corps.jpg

http://media.arkansasonline.com/img/photos/2011/09/07/1cyeller38pxffCLR_t598.jpg?b7052f07a6139e7088ebc43 100469802b2560d37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrYju5a18e8

I'm not seeing a whole of don't ask don't tell in these pictures. Is 80% of the fanbase in the frigging ROTC?

Bubb Rubb
09-30-2015, 01:52 PM

Been there a few times. Meh.

Jack Lambert
09-30-2015, 01:59 PM
First SEC night game in new Kyle. This atmosphere should be great!

Auburns stadium was pretty loud at 6:00 this past saturday but by 6:45 that was the quietest 87K ever.

Once you get to a certain noise level the human ears are not anymore effected after that point no matter how much louder it gets. 87k vs 107k, it's not going to sound much different. Now the fart smell might be worse.

DancingRabbit
09-30-2015, 01:59 PM
Tough crowd.

Big boy football? 4-0 vs Arkansas, 2-1 vs Ole Miss, Miss St, Auburn, 1-2 vs Bama, 0-3 vs LSU. Not too bad...

Miss St is 3-0 vs Arkansas, 2-1 vs Auburn 1-2 vs Ole Miss, LSU, A&M, 0-3 vs Bama

Looks pretty even.

Y'all have definitely competed well since joining the conference.

You do have a rep for being a finesse team with a less than stout defense. But this year those labels could be applied to us, which is a weird feeling.

Obviously when you go to another team's site during game-week you have to expect some flak.

LC Dawg
09-30-2015, 02:02 PM
Tough crowd.

Looks pretty even.

I think a better comparison would be between the two years with Johnny and the two years after Johnny so I will reserve judgement until the end of the year.
That being said, I am going to the game Saturday and I'm really looking forward to it. I've heard it is a good experience for visiting fans.

Jack Lambert
09-30-2015, 02:11 PM
Tough crowd.

Looks pretty even.

You have 500 Vcash. Have some fun with it. Go to Forums, than go to bet your ass and make some bets. See how good of a sports gambler you are.

Thompson92
09-30-2015, 02:13 PM
I grew up around there, so I might be biased, but I don't see it as that cultish. I've been to plenty of TAMU games and chanted with the best of them. Kyle is fun, Yell Practice is fun, Northgate is fun. I have a lot of respect for TAMU's traditions, and have had positive experiences with just about every Aggie I've been around.

That being said, I hope we win big this weekend. Hail State

aeroag14
09-30-2015, 02:15 PM
WAAAAAAT!! This is an awesome feature!!

:eek:

Jarius
09-30-2015, 02:46 PM
You may very well win the game but your crowd will have almost zero effect on the game.

defiantdog
09-30-2015, 02:59 PM
Ricky Seals-Jones has been starting but his production is just not there. He has shown VAST improvement in run and downfield blocking and he is even getting open a really large percentage of the time (over the middle of the field from his slot spot). Kyle Allen just doesn't seem to be seeing him very often. There just doesn't seem to be much chemistry between the two. But getting him going would be huge for the offense. It hasn't been an issue yet because we have other guys that have gotten open as well but At 6'5" and with his speed, RSJ is the epitome of a match up nightmare in the slot position.
Don't worry, we'll have Zack Jackson on him ***********************************************

aeroag14
10-01-2015, 10:19 AM
You may very well win the game but your crowd will have almost zero effect on the game.

I wouldn't expect the crowd to be the difference in a game like this. But to suggest that any decent home field advantage wouldn't affect the game at all is ludicrous. You could go out and find about a million and one statistics that prove that playing at home, even if the atmosphere isn't great, is an advantage for the home team. Again, not saying it'll be the difference in the game, just that it will impact the game.

And for what its worth, here is a quote on this subject from someone we can both respect, Coach Jackie Sherill: "When they’re playing in Kyle Field, you just have to give the advantage to Texas A&M". That was from yesterday. If you listened to the rest of the interview, it actually sounded like he likes MSU if this game is played on a neutral site/in Starkville (which is kind of scary, because Jackie usually knows what he is talking about) due to being a much more experienced team.

GreenheadDawg
10-01-2015, 12:56 PM

I have seen it. Seems a little gay to me. I prefer the females in short skirts but that's just me. No judgement here that ya'll would rather have dudes

defiantdog
10-01-2015, 01:15 PM
I wouldn't expect the crowd to be the difference in a game like this. But to suggest that any decent home field advantage wouldn't affect the game at all is ludicrous. You could go out and find about a million and one statistics that prove that playing at home, even if the atmosphere isn't great, is an advantage for the home team. Again, not saying it'll be the difference in the game, just that it will impact the game.

And for what its worth, here is a quote on this subject from someone we can both respect, Coach Jackie Sherill: "When they’re playing in Kyle Field, you just have to give the advantage to Texas A&M". That was from yesterday. If you listened to the rest of the interview, it actually sounded like he likes MSU if this game is played on a neutral site/in Starkville (which is kind of scary, because Jackie usually knows what he is talking about) due to being a much more experienced team.

104,000 people is impressive no matter where you are...... if we had anyone other than Dak, I'd be worried about the crowd. But he kept his poise at Bama last year, so I see him doing the same.

PhiAggie
10-01-2015, 04:43 PM
Always admired Dak. His mom passed away right before our game at Kyle a couple years ago (as I recall) and he came out and fought like a champ. No way I could have done that.

104,000 people is impressive no matter where you are...... if we had anyone other than Dak, I'd be worried about the crowd. But he kept his poise at Bama last year, so I see him doing the same.

Jarius
10-01-2015, 04:55 PM
Sumlin is 0-5 at home against ranked opponents, so it obviously isn't ludicrous. We have a 5th year senior quarterback who has already been in your stadium and done just fine (just has he has against auburn twice, LSU once, Alabama once, and many other road stadiums). I don't see your crowd rattling anyone this weekend. We are starting virtually all juniors and seniors.

aeroag14
10-01-2015, 05:04 PM
Again, I never said it would "rattle" anyone or decide the game. Perhaps we are arguing over semantics, but the crowd WILL affect the game. The noise will almost assuredly force at least a false start or two. It will make changing plays at the LOS harder. It will limit communication in general and make things harder. Those things are pretty much uniform at any decent road venue. Regardless if that "rattles" the visiting team it does "affect" them and it does make things harder.

That said, Kyle this weekend will be the loudest (and most consistently loud) place that Dak has played. I don't expect it to rattle him or the team. I do expect it to make things harder and challenge them.

starkvegasdawg
10-01-2015, 05:13 PM
We'll just have to get up big early and take them out of it.

Bigedawg
10-01-2015, 05:33 PM
[QUOTE=aeroag14;421653]Again, I never said it would "rattle" anyone or decide the game. Perhaps we are arguing over semantics, but the crowd WILL affect the game. The noise will almost assuredly force at least a false start or two. It will make changing plays at the LOS harder. It will limit communication in general and make things harder. Those things are pretty much uniform at any decent road venue. Regardless if that "rattles" the visiting team it does "affect" them and it does make things harder.

Obviously spoken by someone who has never been to Death Valley on a Saturday night. No comparison between Aggie chants and 100,000 drunk Cajuns. I think Kyle Field is super cool and weird but LSU is the gold standard for crowd noise. We hold our own at Davis Wade, too.

Dawgtini
10-01-2015, 06:07 PM
Tough crowd.

Looks pretty even.

I expect it to be a real slobber knocker of a game. If we can get Dak Rollin' up the middle of your defense like a big ball of butcher knives, well pardner, we should be able to quiet that crowd and whip some Aggies.

Jarius
10-01-2015, 07:30 PM
Crowd noise has very little effect on games in 2015. Hand signals and silent cadences basically make noise ineffective. Your players may play More juiced in front of the home crowd, but it probably won't effect much else. If we had a bunch of young guys, maybe....we don't.

Again, I never said it would "rattle" anyone or decide the game. Perhaps we are arguing over semantics, but the crowd WILL affect the game. The noise will almost assuredly force at least a false start or two. It will make changing plays at the LOS harder. It will limit communication in general and make things harder. Those things are pretty much uniform at any decent road venue. Regardless if that "rattles" the visiting team it does "affect" them and it does make things harder.

That said, Kyle this weekend will be the loudest (and most consistently loud) place that Dak has played. I don't expect it to rattle him or the team. I do expect it to make things harder and challenge them.

bulldawg28
10-01-2015, 07:33 PM
Crowd noise has very little effect on games in 2015. Hand signals and silent cadences basically make noise ineffective. Your players may play More juiced in front of the home crowd, but it probably won't effect much else. If we had a bunch of young guys, maybe....we don't.

This. ..the crowd makes both teams play with more energy. Heck, I always loved playing away to silence the crowd

starkvegasdawg
10-02-2015, 09:37 AM
Speedy Noil now listed as questionable for the game tomorrow. First time he has appeared on an official injury list.

Jack Lambert
10-02-2015, 09:46 AM
Speedy Noil now listed as questionable for the game tomorrow. First time he has appeared on an official injury list.

Listening to Sumerlin's press conference I really had the feeling he was going to be out and I would be betting that they gamed plan not to have him on the field.

TrapGame
10-02-2015, 09:51 AM
We'll just have to get up big early and take them out of it.

I was really surprised last year when om went up 2 scores in the first half and that stadium got church on Sunday quiet.