PDA

View Full Version : Brad Edwards, ESPN, is not buying A&M after 4-0 start

Out of Bounds
09-29-2015, 03:26 PM
Brad Edwards, ESPN Insider, stopped by today to discuss Hail State & TAMU.
And Dave Bartoo, CFB Matrix, was great, too.

PODCAST: http://*******/1g6LJdD
Out of Bounds Radio App w/PODCAST: http://*******/1l69XZN

Bo Bounds
Host, Out of Bounds Show
ESPN 105.9 The Zone
thezone1059.com
Twitter: @bobounds

Jack Lambert
09-29-2015, 03:32 PM
Jack Lambert ain't buying it either and it's not because some guy said so but because I watch football.

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2015, 03:46 PM
Bo,

How much have Texas A&M have you actually watched this year?

You seem pretty certain that MSU is about to get whooped down there. Just curious if that perception is based on actually watching A&M or if it just based on recruiting rankings & perception of something that may not be true?

GreenheadDawg
09-29-2015, 03:47 PM
Bo pretty much picks us to lose every game. Nothing new

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2015, 03:54 PM
Bo pretty much picks us to lose every game. Nothing new

He mostly does & it's because he only focuses on MSU's problems without knowing what problems the opposing team has.

I just want to hear someone breakdown a game in an educated/balanced way. Enough with the extremes.

TrapGame
09-29-2015, 03:58 PM
He also said it would be a blow out. The only blow out A&M had was Ball State in game 2 (56-23). Ball State still put 23 points on the board.

msstate7
09-29-2015, 04:02 PM
If "y'all" don't like bo picking us to lose every week, "y'all" don't have to listen. Right, bo? **

I listen about 10 mins about once a week and remember why I don't listen more than that

FISHDAWG
09-29-2015, 04:22 PM
He also said it would be a blow out. The only blow out A&M had was Ball State in game 2 (56-23). Ball State still put 23 points on the board.

HA- we have banned folks for less than that

CadaverDawg
09-29-2015, 04:40 PM
I like Bo's show now, but he has a bad case of "I can't show bias to my almamater" syndrome. Ole Miss people don't care, and show bias when they host a show....but MSU alums are too nice, and don't want to appear bias, so they go the opposite way in an attempt to show "objective" opinions. Bo goes through stretches where he's bad about this. He raves about the positives of Ole Miss, while downplaying the negatives or making some excuse for them, like "the close game vs Vandy was only because of the Bama game, so it didn't matter".......while doing the opposite for MSU, like saying he hates the match up with A&M and could see this one getting really ugly, and harping on the lack of running game and lower recruiting rankings. I know Bo is 100% MSU, and deep down hates when OM does well, but his severe "ICSBTMA" syndrome gets in the way of true objectivity at times. So I've just become immuned to it, and try to ignore it, since he's Stage 4, ha.

Example:
"Ole Miss has an amazing passing attack, but their run game is underrated and Walton is very good....would you agree Brad Edwards?"
"Let's talk A&M/MSU, and I just really feel like this is a mismatch and could get ugly in College Station...your thoughts, Brad?"

He tries to lead interviews down the po mouth MSU road, while leading interviews down the "Ole Miss is the best team ever!" road. He's trying to appeal to Ole Miss fans, since they all think they're the greatest EVAH. Just gotta ignore it or turn it off, because he's done it forever and just can't help but to go overboard with Ole Miss compliments to keep from looking like a homer. He has even adopted their "recruiting rankings are everything" mantra, just to appeal to their fans and gain listeners. Guess you can't blame him for some of it....gotta get clicks. But it is definitely lame when he gets really caught up in it, like he is right now.

Luckily, he will snap out of it in spurts, and he is a Dawg. His interviews are good. Lugenbill has quickly become my favorite analyst, primarily from interviews on OOB.

BulldogBear
09-29-2015, 05:01 PM
I like Bo's show now, but he has a bad case of "I can't show bias to my almamater" syndrome. Ole Miss people don't care, and show bias when they host a show....but MSU alums are too nice, and don't want to appear bias, so they go the opposite way in an attempt to show "objective" opinions. Bo goes through stretches where he's bad about this. He raves about the positives of Ole Miss, while downplaying the negatives or making some excuse for them, like "the close game vs Vandy was only because of the Bama game, so it didn't matter".......while doing the opposite for MSU, like saying he hates the match up with A&M and could see this one getting really ugly, and harping on the lack of running game and lower recruiting rankings. I know Bo is 100% MSU, and deep down hates when OM does well, but his severe "ICSBTMA" syndrome gets in the way of true objectivity at times. So I've just become immuned to it, and try to ignore it, since he's Stage 4, ha.

Example:
"Ole Miss has an amazing passing attack, but their run game is underrated and Walton is very good....would you agree Brad Edwards?"
"Let's talk A&M/MSU, and I just really feel like this is a mismatch and could get ugly in College Station...your thoughts, Brad?"

He tries to lead interviews down the po mouth MSU road, while leading interviews down the "Ole Miss is the best team ever!" road. He's trying to appeal to Ole Miss fans, since they all think they're the greatest EVAH. Just gotta ignore it or turn it off, because he's done it forever and just can't help but to go overboard with Ole Miss compliments to keep from looking like a homer. He has even adopted their "recruiting rankings are everything" mantra, just to appeal to their fans and gain listeners. Guess you can't blame him for some of it....gotta get clicks. But it is definitely lame when he gets really caught up in it, like he is right now.

Luckily, he will snap out of it in spurts, and he is a Dawg. His interviews are good. Lugenbill has quickly become my favorite analyst, primarily from interviews on OOB.
That's more or less how I feel about it too. I mentioned in another TAMU thread that I enjoy the show but the over the top show of trying to be neutral really makes him too hard on MSU. That part gets old.

PhiAggie
09-29-2015, 05:05 PM
Lol we aren't blowing anyone out. It'll be a close game.

msstate7
09-29-2015, 05:19 PM

Is speedy noil gonna play?

Jarius
09-29-2015, 05:20 PM
Bo looks at recruiting rankings to decide who should win games. He continually says that teams like auburn, who we have skull drug 3 out of the past 4 years, has more talent than we do. He throws out very few thoughts that come from his brain. Most everything that he believes about football comes from that nerdy guy that lets his computer tell him who is going to win every week.

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2015, 05:21 PM

Agree. I actually believe it's two pretty even teams

Really Clark?
09-29-2015, 05:22 PM

Where was that said in this thread? Bo was saying A & M was going to blow us out. I think you got your wires crossed. Or looking at your handle....

Statefan
09-29-2015, 05:29 PM
He was pretty certain we were going to go to Baton Rouge and get destroyed because of "talent", "recruiting" blah blah blah

Then on Monday morning he acts like he called it

Thick
09-29-2015, 05:43 PM
Bo is nothing but a business man...period. He runs a good business, but like I said 2 years ago he really just takes what his guests say an adopt their thoughts as his. He has pretty good guests, BUT he will not challenge nor debate any of them, he just agrees with them. He's a "yes" man that asks good questions but refuses to spice it up with some good conversation around the subject. 2-3 years ago he used to completely blow off recruiting as something his show would not entertain, but now he will talk about recruiting like he knows it so well. His show is the "best" in the state because his competition is non-existent and terrible.

The only thing you really get from Bo are decent guests, the "lifestyle", him saying "wow, good grief, etc", lots of fluff interviews with no healthy debates with good information to support it, Four Roses, MRA, and Turquoise Place. I respect the fact that he's living his dream, but his show is the exact same thing from one week to the next....very predictable.

blacklistedbully
09-29-2015, 06:48 PM
Where was that said in this thread? Bo was saying A & M was going to blow us out. I think you got your wires crossed. Or looking at your handle....

He was clearly responding to the report that Bo said,"Let's talk A&M/MSU, and I just really feel like this is a mismatch and could get ugly in College Station". That is inferring TAMU in a blowout. And yes, I'm assuming he is an Aggie, hence his handle. All makes sense.

gravedigger
09-29-2015, 07:03 PM
Brad Edwards, ESPN Insider, stopped by today to discuss Hail State & TAMU.
And Dave Bartoo, CFB Matrix, was great, too.

PODCAST: http://*******/1g6LJdD
Out of Bounds Radio App w/PODCAST: http://*******/1l69XZN

Bo Bounds
Host, Out of Bounds Show
ESPN 105.9 The Zone
thezone1059.com
Twitter: @bobounds

Bo, ive never once listened to your show. That is not to say i wouldnt have wanted to. Just that i havnt. I have my own inside info about state's football. Not more than everyone, but enough to know the bs talking head crap from the real inside info.

Do you think, by clicking on your link, ill find it to be informative and consistent with what i KNOW to be true?

Not responding to this IS an answer.

Really Clark?
09-29-2015, 07:06 PM
He was clearly responding to the report that Bo said,"Let's talk A&M/MSU, and I just really feel like this is a mismatch and could get ugly in College Station". That is inferring TAMU in a blowout. And yes, I'm assuming he is an Aggie, hence his handle. All makes sense.

Yep. I was crossed up that time

PhiAggie
09-30-2015, 11:53 AM
Is speedy noil gonna play?

I guess it depends on his attitude. That's usually what determines it.

PhiAggie
09-30-2015, 11:56 AM

TrapGames post.

scottycameron
09-30-2015, 01:01 PM
cut Bo some slack, if he gets on the MSU wagon everybody will just dismiss him as a homer. He can't win. All the bears whine about the mcready guy the same way, he was the guy that term for that old board nafoom came from. I think bo does ok considering the microscope.

Tbone
09-30-2015, 01:31 PM
Hey BehrDawg go **** yourself.

TrapGame
09-30-2015, 01:32 PM
Bounds is a douche.

He called out Thick today by name. I thought that was childish.

msstate7
09-30-2015, 01:39 PM

Very

Bo got mad bc thick called him on bo saying Richie isn't an sec lb. Richie is 4th in sec in tackles, 5th in sacks, and 11th in tackles for loss.

Not saying Richie is all sec, but saying he can't play in the sec is ridiculous

Johnson85
09-30-2015, 02:41 PM

By his real name? Or by username? I'm not sure which is worse.

msstate7
09-30-2015, 02:42 PM

Username

TrapGame
09-30-2015, 02:43 PM

Username. But, he was pissed Thick texted him after the AU game about Richie. He took it too far.

Lloyd Christmas
09-30-2015, 08:36 PM
Very

Bo got mad bc thick called him on bo saying Richie isn't an sec lb. Richie is 4th in sec in tackles, 5th in sacks, and 11th in tackles for loss.

Not saying Richie is all sec, but saying he can't play in the sec is ridiculous

God forbid we actually start calling out the douche nozzle talking heads for being wrong about our team.