PDA

View Full Version : Rumor floating around about Dak being banged up

Lloyd Christmas
09-29-2015, 02:27 PM
Has anyone heard anything on this? Someone mentioned it on a premium board but no one confirmed or denied. I'm guessing that if he was really injured we would have heard something already. However, it it's true he's been dealing with a sports hernia then his lack of running makes more sense.

Coach34
09-29-2015, 02:30 PM
We dont talk about injuries

chef dixon
09-29-2015, 02:35 PM
If he's hurt, its turned him into a hell of a quarterback. The whole running fiasco aside, he has greatly improved his accuracy, poise, and mechanics.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-29-2015, 03:02 PM
I don't buy it at all.

TrapGame
09-29-2015, 03:02 PM
It's all a big con game to get the opposing defenses to loosen up on spying Dak. They think he won't run due to some rumored sports hernia and the moment they pull the spy back into pass coverage...he gone.

(I'm kinda half joking here.)

Jack Lambert
09-29-2015, 03:05 PM
I am hoping Dan is saving Daks legs for later in the year. I think he got worn out by the KY game last season and was not the same after that. If Dan can win keeping him in the pocket he is going to do it. Then break out the Dak against ARky, Bama and Mississippi.

bulldawg28
09-29-2015, 03:05 PM
He's definitely not running with the same gear as last year.

TrapGame
09-29-2015, 03:08 PM
I am hoping Dan is saving Daks legs for later in the year. I think he got worn out by the KY game last season and was not the same after that. If Dan can win keeping him in the pocket he is going to do it. Then break out the Dak against ARky, Bama and Mississippi.

I think you're right. That last little bit of our schedule will require Dak to stay healthy and mobile.

thf24
09-29-2015, 03:09 PM
He's definitely not running with the same gear as last year.

I don't know, he looked pretty good on the long runs against USM and NW. I think it's more a matter of him not having room to get going due to opposing defenses spying him every play and not having a consistent threat at running back thus far to split the defense's attention.

confucius say
09-29-2015, 03:10 PM
I posted a similar thread yesterday and it was taken down. I was not sure why, but now I see it's prob because, as c34 alluded to, this board doesn't discuss injuries. My fault on that. But in any event, I hope dak gets healthy if he is banged up. His approach to running is noticeably different.

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2015, 03:11 PM
Bo Bounds has been talking about this rumor on his show.

IMO, it's not a big deal. Dak looks great throwing the ball & moves well enough to manipulate & buy time in the pocket.

Dak's problem in the running game is that he's getting turned sideways too quickly & that's not his fault.

Rayburn8
09-29-2015, 03:11 PM
They aren't running Dak because they want him to make through the season. That's it. If we run like we did last season he wont make to Alabama.

notsofarawaydawg
09-29-2015, 03:19 PM
Only player I noticed with any kind of limp during the Auburn game was Shumpert.

PassInterference
09-29-2015, 03:20 PM
He wears a bullseye and has to pace himself. Plus when the other team is totally schemed around stopping him from running, we've got to be able to do other things anyway. The Auburn game looked real promising. He completed 70%, and most of the other 30% were drops.

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2015, 03:27 PM
Only player I noticed with any kind of limp during the Auburn game was Shumpert.

You sure he had limp? Maybe one of his shoes were slightly heavier than the other

http://www.instonebrewer.com/visualSermons/Jesus%2BChildren/concrete-shoes.JPG

Beaver
09-29-2015, 03:33 PM
They aren't running Dak because they want him to make through the season. That's it. If we run like we did last season he wont make to Alabama.

This. Through 4 games last year (only 1 SEC game) he had 62 carries. Through 4 games this year (2 SEC games) he's only had 30 carries.

Political Hack
09-29-2015, 03:38 PM
If it were true, and I'm not saying it is, why would we be throwing it out there for everyone and their momma to know about it?