PDA

View Full Version : Some quotes from Howland and some players at a recent press conference

starkvegasdawg
09-29-2015, 11:23 AM
On defense:
You know a week ago we did a lot of introducing shell, which is really the foundation of our defense. We?re already introducing our transition defense somewhat, but that?ll be the beginning of it. This Saturday, we?ll definitely be focused on our defense, and that?s how you win. Night in and night out, the thing you control most, in my opinion as a coach, is defense and defensive effort. You can?t win, and win at a high level, without playing great defense

On Malik being one and done:
?We?ve already discussed that. He is a one and done player. We?ve said that in I think every press conference I have, and nothings changed. I fully expect him to be entering the draft this June. That was the mindset when we recruited him, and that?s still the mindset.?

?You never know for certain, but I feel pretty certain this is going to work out for Malik because he?ll be in and out of here in one year. That will ultimately be up to him and his father at the end of our season based on the information they?re going to be able to get from the NBA GM?s and Scouts. They?re going to say,? Definitely you?re in the top twenty.? If he?s a top 20 pick, and we all hear that from everybody, he definitely should go.?

Demtetrius Houston on Coach Howland:
?You don?t have a choice but to listen to him. He knows what he is doing. He is teaching us what we are going to have to learn at the next level. We have to continue to stay focus and listen to what he has to say.?

Craig Sword on Howland:
?Ever since he has gotten here, I have liked everything about him. He has been doing all of the right things. He has everybody in the right positions. He has been doing a great job since he got here.?

Bully13
09-29-2015, 11:36 AM
Wool

drummerdawg
09-29-2015, 11:37 AM
Wool

Until he started talking about all the injuries.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-29-2015, 11:55 AM
On defense:
You know a week ago we did a lot of introducing shell, which is really the foundation of our defense. We?re already introducing our transition defense somewhat, but that?ll be the beginning of it. This Saturday, we?ll definitely be focused on our defense, and that?s how you win. Night in and night out, the thing you control most, in my opinion as a coach, is defense and defensive effort. You can?t win, and win at a high level, without playing great defense

?We?ve already discussed that. He is a one and done player. We?ve said that in I think every press conference I have, and nothings changed. I fully expect him to be entering the draft this June. That was the mindset when we recruited him, and that?s still the mindset.?

?You never know for certain, but I feel pretty certain this is going to work out for Malik because he?ll be in and out of here in one year. That will ultimately be up to him and his father at the end of our season based on the information they?re going to be able to get from the NBA GM?s and Scouts. They?re going to say,? Definitely you?re in the top twenty.? If he?s a top 20 pick, and we all hear that from everybody, he definitely should go.?

?You don?t have a choice but to listen to him. He knows what he is doing. He is teaching us what we are going to have to learn at the next level. We have to continue to stay focus and listen to what he has to say.?

Craig Sword on Howland:
?Ever since he has gotten here, I have liked everything about him. He has been doing all of the right things. He has everybody in the right positions. He has been doing a great job since he got here.?.

starkvegasdawg
09-29-2015, 12:09 PM
Sometimes when you paste in information it takes quotation marks, apostrophes, etc. and makes them question marks. I have no idea why. Doesn't do it to all the time.

CadaverDawg
09-29-2015, 01:31 PM
On defense:

Craig Sword on Howland:
?Ever since he has gotten here, I have liked everything about him. He has been doing all of the right things. He has everybody in the right positions. He has been doing a great job since he got here.?

I'm definitely caught up in football right now, but it's hard not to start getting pretty excited about basketball. It sure will be nice to have that gap between football and football filled up a little this year. We didn't even get baseball last year.

Dawg61
09-29-2015, 01:49 PM
I'm definitely caught up in football right now, but it's hard not to start getting pretty excited about basketball. It sure will be nice to have that gap between football and football filled up a little this year. We didn't even get baseball last year.

What you don't like LEBRON JAMES shoved inside your face every 3 seconds?!??!!

CadaverDawg
09-29-2015, 02:04 PM
What you don't like LEBRON JAMES shoved inside your face every 3 seconds?!??!!

It's sad, but Football is pretty much the only pro sport I follow anymore. And if it weren't for Fantasy and Draft Kings, I may not watch it as much either.

starkvegasdawg
09-29-2015, 02:38 PM
It's sad, but Football is pretty much the only pro sport I follow anymore. And if it weren't for Fantasy and Draft Kings, I may not watch it as much either.

I don't follow any pro sports much either. The Braves don't count as a pro team and I still haven't watched maybe parts of 10 games all season. I like the Falcons and Saints in football, but I rarely sit down and watch a game on Sunday. NBA...I'd rather stick hot nails into my eyes. Golf, tennis, etc. - I'd rather stick hot nails into my eyes while Rosie O'Donnel had her way with me.

sleepy dawg
09-29-2015, 07:10 PM
Well, get ready to see more fouls than you've ever seen before this year in the college game. Some of the fouls being called are going to be much more NBA like this year. Don't be surprised if there are 50 fouls per team the first few games.

drunkernhelldawg
09-29-2015, 10:14 PM
Great post. Looks like we're in for some fun. Love the players' quotes about Howland. Howland is smart to support Malik. Maybe Howland will be a better recruiter than Stans before it's all said and done.