PDA

View Full Version : Brad Edwards say, "A&M is overrated"

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2015, 08:06 AM
Of course this is after Bo basically laid out reasons that MSU will get blown out. BTW, Bo has become slightly illogical when it comes to MSU. Not sure where the inferiority complex has come from with MSU fans. All we have done is pretty much win over last two years & people still act like this is the Croom era. Have some freaking confidence. It's obvious that we now have 1st world problems instead of 3rd world problems. Keep that in mind.

Diaz's defensive style likely makes it where we won't get blown out, &, with the best QB in the SEC on your team, you absolutely always have a chance.

Anyway, Brad said that outside of some big, highlight plays to Christian Kirk, A&M really doesn't anything impressive, &, when thinking about it, he's right. What highlight have you seen of A&M this year that didn't involve Kirk?

I'd be willing to bet that most people who are calling for A&M to easily win haven't actually watched A&M play a full game this year.

This is what I guess I don't understand. Many people are frustrated by some of MSU's flaws & assume that will lead to a loss or blowout, but I don't know what A&M has done for people to believe they are capable of blowing us out.

What has A&M done to deserve the respect that many on here & Bo are offering them?

Political Hack
09-29-2015, 08:09 AM
Every team in the west has some serious flaws except LSU. They have some too but they can be masked with a great front 7 and GREAT run game.

Jack Lambert
09-29-2015, 08:10 AM
Brad Edwards also said Bama was going to beat us by 24 last year. Like I said in another thread, " I don't watch or listen to those butt breath cock suckers"

K9 Avenger
09-29-2015, 08:13 AM
Of course this is after Bo basically laid out reasons that MSU will get blown out. BTW, Bo has become slightly illogical when it comes to MSU. Not sure where the inferiority complex has come from with MSU fans. All we have done is pretty much win over last two years & people still act like this is the Croom era. Have some freaking confidence. It's obvious that we now have 1st world problems instead of 3rd world problems. Keep that in mind.

Diaz's defensive style likely makes it where we won't get blown out, &, with the best QB in the SEC on your team, you absolutely always have a chance.

Anyway, Brad said that outside of some big, highlight plays to Christian Kirk, A&M really doesn't anything impressive, &, when thinking about it, he's right. What highlight have you seen of A&M this year that didn't involve Kirk?

I'd be willing to bet that most people who are calling for A&M to easily win haven't actually watched A&M play a full game this year.

This is what I guess I don't understand. Many people are frustrated by some of MSU's flaws & assume that will lead to a loss or blowout, but I don't know what A&M has done for people to believe they are capable of blowing us out.

What has A&M done to deserve the respect that many on here & Bo are offering them?

Of course, this is the same Bo who said the reigning SEC Defensive POTW wasn't an SEC LB'er....correct?

TrapGame
09-29-2015, 08:14 AM
Has A&M blown out the last 4 teams they've played? Remember they looked great vs. Arkansas last year too.

Mjoelner34
09-29-2015, 08:23 AM
Of course, this is the same Bo who said the reigning SEC Defensive POTW wasn't an SEC LB'er....correct?

I don't know if it was Bo but it was about half the people on this website.

Dawg496
09-29-2015, 08:24 AM
They actually beat Arkansas in OT last year too under nearly the same circumstances. They were down 14 in the 4th quarter if I recall correctly.

DancingRabbit
09-29-2015, 08:30 AM
Has A&M blown out the last 4 teams they've played? Remember they looked great vs. Arkansas last year too.

They won in overtime against Arkansas last year too.

aTm is currently on a path very similar to last year. First game is an impressive win. Then blow out some cupcakes. Then beat Arky in overtime.

Their offense looked a little better last year at this time. Defense looks slightly better than last year, but I'm not overly impressed with their defense yet.

justwin
09-29-2015, 08:33 AM
MSU is not going to get blown out this week or any week in the next several years due to our QB roster.

The reason MSU DOMINATED them last year was due to our DBs fighting every catch to the ground. Remember, both Calhoun and Redmond are back this year, the same two DBs that owned their WRs last year. Love is gone, thankfully.

The play where Redmond and Speedy went up and where Redmond fought the ball away all the way to the ground was the best play our team made last year. Better than Dak's run vs LSU. Would love to see that play again in a gif.

We're going to get 75+ offensive plays this week which is going to be 32+ points for us. People forget that we were up 41-17 going into the 4Q last year. Question is whether TXAM can score 24+?

Yesterday in Mullen's presser, he brought up the Syracuse vs Tenn game in 1998 as the first time he & Chavis went against one another. UT won the NC that year, but Syracuse lost by 1 34-33 lead by McNabb. I thought that was a cool reference by Mullen in his presser as probably the toughest game Tenn had that year.

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2015, 08:38 AM
I think we run for 150+ this week. Mullen will make adjustments

BulldogBear
09-29-2015, 08:40 AM
TAMU is better than last year IMO. But with that said it's more of a paper tiger upgrading to being a cardboard tiger. We aren't as good as last year and we have our opinion of the culprit(s) if you will. Plus it's in College Station. This makes for a better game than last year. They had two garbage TDS last year. I think the score could be similar due to them keeping pace rather than garbage scores. But more realistically, I think we win something like 38-31.

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2015, 08:45 AM
TAMU is better than last year IMO. But with that said it's more of a paper tiger upgrading to being a cardboard tiger. We aren't as good as last year and we have our opinion of the culprit(s) if you will. Plus it's in College Station. This makes for a better game than last year. They had two garbage TDS last year. I think the score could be similar due to them keeping pace rather than garbage scores. But more realistically, I think we win something like 38-31.

Have you watched them for a full game to know they are better than last year?

I honestly don't know. I've haven't watched them for a full game. Where are you getting that they are better?

Johnson85
09-29-2015, 08:47 AM
Bo has become slightly illogical when it comes to MSU. Not sure where the inferiority complex has come from with MSU fans. All we have done is pretty much win over last two years & people still act like this is the Croom era.

Bo takes recruiting rankings as gospel. Recruiting rankings are fine as a short cut, but at some point you should actually look at how players have played in college. It's really annoying hearing him say things like "X is more talented than Y" when what he really means is X has had higher ranked recruiting classes; he doesn't even acknowledge that he has no personal knowledge of either of the teams. Dak is still a 3 star in his eyes. McKinney was always a two star for his analysis when comparing talent between teams. All of the 4 star talent that Auburn has lost through bad attrition still counts towards the talent they have in Bo's eyes. Just ridiculous. I assume the Salem Oregon version of Bo has spent the last decade talking about how little talent Oregon has had.

DancingRabbit
09-29-2015, 08:49 AM

I honestly don't know. I've haven't watched them for a full game. Where are you getting that they are better?

I haven't watched a full game either, but my impression is they're about equal to last year - slightly worse on offense, slightly better on defense.

Johnson85
09-29-2015, 08:49 AM
Every team in the west has some serious flaws except LSU. They have some too but they can be masked with a great front 7 and GREAT run game.

LSU has a serious flaw too. Les is not going to let Brandon Harris get game time experience throwing the ball until he has to throw in order to win the game. Rather than getting him experience and confidence and limiting the beating that fournette takes, Les only focuses on the game at hand. He's on the opposite end of the spectrum from Mullen in that regard.

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2015, 08:52 AM
I haven't watched a full game either, but my impression is they're about equal to last year - slightly worse on offense, slightly better on defense.

This is my read as well. If so, we can absolutely win this game

TrapGame
09-29-2015, 09:00 AM
I think we will be the best offense they have seen thus far. If Manny can work his magic and get crucial stops we will win.

Dawg61
09-29-2015, 09:30 AM
Brad Edwards also said Bama was going to beat us by 24 last year. Like I said in another thread, " I don't watch or listen to those butt breath cock suckers"

"You must spread some reputation points before giving Jack Lambert more points"

You are on fire this week

chef dixon
09-29-2015, 09:34 AM
Bo takes recruiting rankings as gospel. Recruiting rankings are fine as a short cut, but at some point you should actually look at how players have played in college. It's really annoying hearing him say things like "X is more talented than Y" when what he really means is X has had higher ranked recruiting classes; he doesn't even acknowledge that he has no personal knowledge of either of the teams. Dak is still a 3 star in his eyes. McKinney was always a two star for his analysis when comparing talent between teams. All of the 4 star talent that Auburn has lost through bad attrition still counts towards the talent they have in Bo's eyes. Just ridiculous. I assume the Salem Oregon version of Bo has spent the last decade talking about how little talent Oregon has had.

This is exactly right. Let's be honest, Bo uses all the cliche comments and approaches when "analyzing" football. I'm not sure he has ever had an original thought on the show. He probably averages saying the word "talent" at least 1 per minute on his show. Bo, we get it, talent, talent, talent, talent....

I think him not giving MSU a chance here recently is because of two reasons: 1) Its trendy in the media to think teams will roll MSU and he wants just go along with all his nerd buddies that jump on his show to discuss their numbers and 2) He is avoiding the massive backlash of highly sensitive Ole Miss people on social media considering they already think he is a State homer

msstate7
09-29-2015, 09:36 AM
This is exactly right. Let's be honest, Bo uses all the cliche comments and approaches when "analyzing" football. I'm not sure he has ever had an original thought on the show. He probably averages saying the word "talent" at least 1 per minute on his show. Bo, we get it, talent, talent, talent, talent....

I think him not giving MSU a chance here recently is because of two reasons: 1) Its trendy in the media to think teams will roll MSU and he wants just go along with all his nerd buddies that jump on his show to discuss their numbers and 2) He is avoiding the massive backlash of highly sensitive Ole Miss people on social media considering they already think he is a State homer

If either is true, he's a weak person.

How much has the media discounting us led our fanbase away from those outlets? It hasn't... Hell, it may draw us even more attentive.

Coach34
09-29-2015, 09:40 AM
A&M is a little better than last year- they are improved on D. And they are at home. This is going to be tough test- but one we can handle. We just have to have a good plan and continue to limit turnovers

msstate7
09-29-2015, 09:42 AM
Keep an eye on TOP. We're last in the sec and they're #11.

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2015, 09:44 AM
A&M is a little better than last year- they are improved on D. And they are at home. This is going to be tough test- but one we can handle. We just have to have a good plan and continue to limit turnovers

This

I also think it's really an advantage for us that we played at Auburn last week. Back to back road games are always tough, but at least the environment & noise will be something we should be used to.

I fully expect us to play calm, under control, & sharp. We'll see if it's enough

TrapGame
09-29-2015, 09:50 AM
This

I also think it's really an advantage for us that we played at Auburn last week. Back to back road games are always tough, but at least the environment & noise will be something we should be used to.

I fully expect us to play calm, under control, & sharp. We'll see if it's enough

And another thing they're big on this 12th man bunk but as soon as the opposing team goes up two scores they get graveyard silent. Remember om punched them in the mouth early and took the crowd out for most of the game last year.

MadDawg
09-29-2015, 09:52 AM
Keep an eye on TOP. We're last in the sec and they're #11.

TOP mean so little these days.

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2015, 09:55 AM
TOP mean so little these days.

Agree. More than anything, we need to make more big plays in the passing game.

As much as we are passing, we aren't getting big plays. We complete 12 yard passes every time.

I almost wonder if Dak is dumping it off to Shumpert too often. Teams give us the swing pass to Shumpert & then just collapse on him for a 5 yards gain.

Dawgtini
09-29-2015, 09:57 AM
"You must spread some reputation points before giving Jack Lambert more points"

You are on fire this week

Same message that I got. He is on a roll.

Dawgtini
09-29-2015, 09:59 AM

As much as we are passing, we aren't getting big plays. We complete 12 yard passes every time.

I almost wonder if Dak is dumping it off to Shumpert too often. Teams give us the swing pass to Shumpert & then just collapse on him for a 5 yards gain.

Maybe we should throw it more often. Would help with our TOP too. **

Really Clark?
09-29-2015, 10:01 AM

Teams are giving the underneath and dumps in the SEC. We did miss a couple of close big plays last week. Holding on the Dear play, almost catch for Wilson, Gray in the end zone just beyond him. But we do need more during conference play.

BulldogBear
09-29-2015, 10:08 AM

You got me kind of. No I haven't watched a whole game. Let me qualify that by saying the team is better I really mean the defense seems better, especially pass rush.

Shotgun, you've got to know I'm one of, if not the worst, worst Aggie non-believers around here. I'm always saying that until they put an SEC caliber defense on the field they will NEVER contend for the West again. Ever. Do I think they're there yet? No, not at all. Is there a vibe that there is some more emphasis on defense with some quantifiable results? Yes. I want to say we win 48-24, etc. But with lack of confidence in our ability to run the ball (which is not the same as saying I don't think we need it to score a ton of points) to shorten the game, then it being in College Station, and finally that they seem better than last year... I just can't call it a blowout tough I believe we will win. If this game was at Scott Field, I believe the score would be similar to last year's.

BulldogBear
09-29-2015, 10:17 AM

I was thinking the same thing this morning as I was getting ready. It just gets to the point where anytime we're playing a more talented team it seems like all I hear is:

"Mismatch...durp durp durp...too much talent...durp durp...MSU just doesn't have the...durp durp durp...weapons...durp...more playmakers...durp...durp. Durp."

It's like he reads his own quotes from previous analysis of MSU games.

I enjoy the show, but I think he tries to hard not to be a homer. Name ONE Ole Miss person, fan, media type, etc. who isn't an unashamed homer thru and thru, professional or otherwise. Only, we seem to have people that are trying so hard to come across neutral that they are really too hard on us. Being neutral for professional reasons is okay of course but overdoing it is just another form of douchebaggery.

Jack Lambert
09-29-2015, 10:43 AM

Bo wants to go big time with ESPN. His radio show, he is trying to use as a stepping stone to bigger things. He is going to say a lot of asinine crap. The ends justify the means. Look at Paul Finebaum that is one ugly SOB. Hell he didn't fall out of an ugly tree, he is the ugly tree. He rode his Bama Homer show to the big time. I am sure Bo looks at that stupid booger sucking dick weed and thinks, if he can do it, I damn sure can do it. I don't listen to Bo and will never listen to him. What I read here is all I ever hear what he says. Let me put it to you this way, I would listen to a recording of Roseanne Bar singing the National Anthem over and over on my way to work before I would listen to Bo.

Drugdog
09-29-2015, 10:57 AM
Your missing a good show. How can you say it's bad if you never listen. Interviews are outstanding.

Jack Lambert
09-29-2015, 11:17 AM
Your missing a good show. How can you say it's bad if you never listen. Interviews are outstanding.

I use to listen and from what I hear here and from others it hasn't changed. His continueing use of Auuuuuuh between thought is unbareable.

EAVdog
09-29-2015, 11:37 AM
I think we can run on them enough to really have a more balanced attack. They are fast on the edge but not strong up the middle. If we can get any run game going we'll put up at least 45 on them.

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2015, 11:44 AM

I agree,

Bo has an outstanding show with great guests. It's truly a great thing for Mississippi to have such a great SEC football sports talk show.

That being said, I disagree with his "Checklist" of how he breaks down a game & how he tends to get extreme. This team is great, this team sucks. Instead of realizing that the things are never as bad or good as they seem. He also leans towards popular opinion on teams & not the reality. Ex.. believing that A&M could blow out MSU without having watched A&M actually play

TrapGame
09-29-2015, 11:48 AM
I think we can run on them enough to really have a more balanced attack. They are fast on the edge but not strong up the middle. If we can get any run game going we'll put up at least 45 on them.

Yep, Miles Garrett is their workhorse on D. He's good, but I think we have something for him. I think they are a little soft in the middle which could lead to some nice runs. Arkansas's QB made some nice throws on their secondary too. This is not going to be a blowout.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-29-2015, 12:52 PM
Yep, Miles Garrett is their workhorse on D. He's good, but I think we have something for him. I think they are a little soft in the middle which could lead to some nice runs. Arkansas's QB made some nice throws on their secondary too. This is not going to be a blowout.

How is Garrett in the run game, seems like he enjoyed taking those off last year.

Dawgtini
09-29-2015, 06:41 PM
How is Garrett in the run game, seems like he enjoyed taking those off last year.
I believe he was ejected in the first quarter for targeting last year. So, yes, he took a lot of plays off!!

msstate7
09-29-2015, 06:45 PM
I believe he was ejected in the first quarter for targeting last year. So, yes, he took a lot of plays off!!

Wasn't Garrett.

CarolinaDawgs
09-29-2015, 06:48 PM

Isn't that half of what you need to move the sticks? It is much much more effective than the lackadaisical read option we have been running. I don't know who would complain about 5-12 yds on every pass play...