PDA

View Full Version : Dak and his NFL draft stock

MetEdDawg
09-29-2015, 08:00 AM
While we have all been discussing Dak and us tailoring the offense to our strength, has anyone seen any updated reports on Dak and his draft stock? I know we are only 1/3 of the way through the season, but Dak has a 67% completion percentage, is averaging 267 yards per game, and 7 TDs to 0 INTs. His accuracy has gotten better, his footwork looks to have improved, he's shown he can spread the ball around, and he is just making good plays and keeping us out of bad situations. And he's just a durable guy that you can depend on to give 100% all the time.

I would think after the first 4 games he might be making a few more waves in the NFL world. Has anyone seen anything to support this?

Political Hack
09-29-2015, 08:11 AM
Haven't seen anything but if the Russell Wilson comparisons start he needs to write Wilson a thank you letter for helping him slide into the first round. I never thought that was possible, but he's developed more than any QB we've ever had.

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2015, 08:19 AM
I would think after the first 4 games he might be making a few more waves in the NFL world. Has anyone seen anything to support this?

I agree. I'm a little surprised you haven't heard more buzz. I actually looked on twitter to see if any of the NFL people said anything, & all I saw were crickets.

That being said, if he keep playing with the efficiency he has, he'll demand that respect. If he keeps playing the way he has, I don't see Dak falling below the 2nd round. It's just way too difficult to find an NFL QB, to pass on a guy that has the experience, poise, & toolset of Dak.

I'm always reminded of Bill Parcells' rules for drafting a QB. Here they are. Lets see how Dak stacks up

The quarterback must be a senior. . .because you need time and maturity to develop into a good professional quarterback
He must be a graduate. . .because you want somebody that takes their responsibilities seriously.
He must be a three-year starter. . .because you want to make sure his success wasn't a fluke and to know that he has been "the guy" for a significant period of time.
He must have 23 wins. . .because big numbers don't mean a whole lot if you don't win.

Dak currently, has at least 17 wins, but I'm not sure how some of the games where he didn't start but won the game for us stack up. Either way, there's a good chance he gets 23 wins at MSU.

If he does, Dak will meet absolutely every criteria that Parcells laid out. There's no way the entire NFL is going to pass on that.

DancingRabbit
09-29-2015, 08:41 AM
Dating back to the bowl game, Dak's thrown 191 passes without a pick. That streak is currently the longest nationwide, and the 6th longest streak in SEC history.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-29-2015, 08:44 AM
Dating back to the bowl game, Dak's thrown 191 passes without a pick. That streak is currently the longest nationwide, and the 6th longest streak in SEC history.

Damn, that's impressive. He is definitely standing tall in the pocket and looks to be delivering with confidence.

Saltydog
09-29-2015, 08:45 AM
ever come out?

Pokechop Womack
09-29-2015, 08:47 AM
No idea what round but he will definitely get a shot...

BB30
09-29-2015, 08:52 AM
ever come out?

I want to say it was a late 3rd or 4th round grade. Could be off on that though.