PDA

View Full Version : Corner blitz, I don't get it.

Leroy Jenkins
09-28-2015, 09:06 PM
Watching several games from other teams around the conference. Rarely successful, usually gets tipped off and thrown behind for an easy 10 yards before safety rotates.

Maybe if it's to the QBs blindside and disguised well, but how often is that? Glad Manny dosent do it as much as Collins did.

Really Clark?
09-28-2015, 09:35 PM
My least favorite blitz probably. But Redmond had a good rush from it. Need good timing on the snap and against the right play.

Political Hack
09-28-2015, 09:38 PM
I'm ok with Will doing it because he'll punish a QB is he gets there in time. Plus he knows when to pull up and when not to. Not so confident in the others coming off the edge.

PassInterference
09-28-2015, 09:44 PM
Redmond can sure lay the wood. He hits like he's 50 pounds heavier.

missouridawg
09-28-2015, 10:14 PM
Didn't Redmond put White on his ass and force a rushed incompletion in our only CB blitz last Saturday?

Really Clark?
09-28-2015, 10:18 PM
I'm ok with Will doing it because he'll punish a QB is he gets there in time. Plus he knows when to pull up and when not to. Not so confident in the others coming off the edge.

He is probably the best we have had recently doing it. And he does really good job. I just don't like that blitz usually. Diaz is at least keeps it for only certain times. Collins loved that blitz too much IMO.

engie
09-28-2015, 10:25 PM
Diaz uses it about as masterfully as possible IMO. Our other dcs always tipped it because they weren't throwing in all the other movement eye candy causing the tip to be less likely to be seen...

I'm feeling woolly about Diaz after the 4Q against auburn when we knew they were passing. Hoping and expecting to see us come out in that against aTm.

Bama_Dawg
09-29-2015, 09:57 AM
That's Diaz's MO, come from everywhere. I love the Corner, Safety and the delayed blitz. As long as we cover our own butt on defense...

Keep 'em guessing, keep 'em on their heels.

Bubb Rubb
09-29-2015, 10:22 AM
Watching several games from other teams around the conference. Rarely successful, usually gets tipped off and thrown behind for an easy 10 yards before safety rotates.

Maybe if it's to the QBs blindside and disguised well, but how often is that? Glad Manny dosent do it as much as Collins did.

To me, it's all situational.

If we corner blitz on first down, it's usually a run blitz. If we are corner blitzing on a third and long, we are banking on getting there before the QB can get to his second or third progression read. When used in the right situation, it can be extremely effective. There's risks though, certainly. If they have the perfect play called, they are going to beat it. This is where coordinators earn their money....setting up plays and calling plays in the right situation.