PDA

View Full Version : Many questions answered in Dans presser video.

Leroy Jenkins
09-28-2015, 08:20 PM
Some insight into his thinking on some of the boards hot topics. Balance, Dak, running game, aTm, etc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeR9cycQNKg&feature=youtu.be

CadaverDawg
09-28-2015, 08:47 PM
Interesting how he answered the "balance" question. Also, did you guys notice him saying "we had running backs missing cuts out there"? Hopefully that was about Shump kicking that run outside and losing yards, and we are going to see his carries decrease even more.

As crazy as it sounds, he made me feel better about missed tackles. Said it's hard to simulate open field tackles in practice, so the young guys are getting better and better with it as they face it in games. Really the only way for them to get better. Doesn't solve it, but makes me feel better about it, Bc we should continue to improve in that area, and Dan sees the tackling problem and isn't running from it.

msstate7
09-28-2015, 08:59 PM
Interesting how he answered the "balance" question. Also, did you guys notice him saying "we had running backs missing cuts out there"? Hopefully that was about Shump kicking that run outside and losing yards, and we are going to see his carries decrease even more.

As crazy as it sounds, he made me feel better about missed tackles. Said it's hard to simulate open field tackles in practice, so the young guys are getting better and better with it as they face it in games. Really the only way for them to get better. Doesn't solve it, but makes me feel better about it, Bc we should continue to improve in that area, and Dan sees the tackling problem and isn't running from it.

I think Williams/lee start taking over at the rb position against Troy. We need Shump this week though IMO to help with aTm's de's

Todd4State
09-28-2015, 09:27 PM
I think Williams/lee start taking over at the rb position against Troy. We need Shump this week though IMO to help with aTm's de's

Paul Jones said today that Lee has to "earn the trust of the coaches on and off the field".

Has not answered me when I specifically asked for details as to what that means.

I hope you are correct because regardless of what they are doing off the field, they are our best option.

Bama_Dawg
09-29-2015, 09:59 AM

Shump and Holloway need to come up big if we incorporate more of a screen game. Both have good hands (I wouldn't have said that about Brandon last year).

starkvegasdawg
09-29-2015, 10:08 AM
Paul Jones said today that Lee has to "earn the trust of the coaches on and off the field".

If there are off the field issues then I have no problem with Shump playing. I'd rather go with a less talented player that does things the right way than with one that may thinks the rules don't apply if that is the case. You would think with Dan's track record of sitting players that don't do things the right way would have been crystal clear to all. Maybe he needs to go talk to Quay.

Original48
09-29-2015, 10:14 AM
As bad as Shumpert is running the ball, he is a 180 from that catching the ball out of the backfield. He does have incredible hands and finds openings on the move in the flats. By the way, I don't think it has been mentioned but Taveze's tackling was atrocious at Auburn. Terrible angles and not wrapping up..just bumping with a shoulder. That is extremely disappointing from him.

Churchill
09-29-2015, 10:15 AM
"the right way" man that term brings back memories

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-29-2015, 10:26 AM

ISWYDT, Chruchill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArKpLsBDCtc

Johnson85
09-29-2015, 11:00 AM

I have successully retrained my brain to think of Larry Brown when i hear that phrase. No more nightmares associated with it until some dipshit posts a youtube video of it.

TrapGame
09-29-2015, 11:06 AM
I have successully retrained my brain to think of Larry Brown when i hear that phrase. No more nightmares associated with it until some dipshit posts a youtube video of it.

I know it's like someone bringing up your ex-wife in a conversation. You're like, "Not this bitch again!"

mstatefan91
09-29-2015, 11:15 AM
Opportunities!

Rayburn8
09-29-2015, 11:23 AM

I definitely didn't just say this two days ago.

mic
09-29-2015, 11:34 AM

Has not answered me when I specifically asked for details as to what that means.

I hope you are correct because regardless of what they are doing off the field, they are our best option.

Lee and Aries missed curfew Friday night befor USM game .... Supposedly...

HSVDawg
09-29-2015, 11:46 AM

OK, so that explains Lee. What about Williams? What about Dear? Even Gibson or Murphy? I refuse to believe that all 5 of the running backs on our roster outside of Shumpert have their heads so far up their asses that they can't beat out a guy averaging less than 3 YPC against mostly mediocre or worse rush defenses.

mparkerfd20
09-29-2015, 11:54 AM
Lee and Aries missed curfew Friday night befor USM game .... Supposedly...

That was a month ago now. I'd say that should be well past the point of punishment at this point.

mic
09-29-2015, 11:56 AM
OK, so that explains Lee. What about Williams? What about Dear? Even Gibson or Murphy? I refuse to believe that all 5 of the running backs on our roster outside of Shumpert have their heads so far up their asses that they can't beat out a guy averaging less than 3 YPC against mostly mediocre or worse rush defenses.

Gibson and Murphy are true freshman so they can get a pass.
But Aries has no excuse.... If he is as good as advertised he can give us 5-10 carries a game..

Johnson85
09-29-2015, 12:10 PM
Gibson and Murphy are true freshman so they can get a pass.
But Aries has no excuse.... If he is as good as advertised he can give us 5-10 carries a game..

He just didn't look like that big of an improvement to me against Northwestern. Hard to judge somebody against that competition and on not that many carries, but while he looked better running the ball, it didn't look like playing him would be a game changer.

Coach007
09-29-2015, 12:17 PM
Again.... We will be running by mid season. Watch.... Dan trolling knowin

mic
09-29-2015, 12:33 PM
That was a month ago now. I'd say that should be well past the point of punishment at this point.

True but who knows what has transpired since then...
I am more concerned that Dak isn't able to run like the Dak of last year..
If he is banged up hopefully he is getting healthier each week cause he is taking very little punishment so far...

Jacksondevildog
09-29-2015, 12:36 PM
That answered all of my questions about our RB situation.
If there are off the field issues then I have no problem with Shump playing. I'd rather go with a less talented player that does things the right way than with one that may thinks the rules don't apply if that is the case. You would think with Dan's track record of sitting players that don't do things the right way would have been crystal clear to all. Maybe he needs to go talk to Quay.

Coach34
09-29-2015, 01:07 PM

Gibson and Murphy are RS'ing and arent even a possibility

DancingRabbit
09-29-2015, 01:27 PM
I'm thinking Dear and Holloway get most of the carries in the 2nd half. Shump gets early playing time until we get a feel for the pass rush.

They have a starting DT injured so maybe we can soften up the middle once we hit a few passes.