PDA

View Full Version : Can we have some of you guys start charting...

Coach34
09-28-2015, 07:28 PM
the Gameday guys picks each week? We know they have sucked- but it's time to call them out on it. They all picked Auburn and lost. But they miss so many games each week- let seriously chart their shitty picks and call them out. Nobody does that to them

Political Hack
09-28-2015, 07:29 PM
Would be funny.

Leroy Jenkins
09-28-2015, 07:33 PM
they were all 62-65% before last week. Seems easy picking heads up with no spread. Per Rece.

I seen it dawg
09-28-2015, 08:36 PM
Those guys picking with no spread should be 75-80% with all the "homework" they supposedly do.

msstate7
09-28-2015, 08:38 PM
they were all 62-65% before last week. Seems easy picking heads up with no spread.

That's embarrassing picking straight up

BeardoMSU
09-28-2015, 08:41 PM
They'll just spin it back on you for being obsessed/crazy/lunatic/etc. fans.

I just ignore them.

TUSK
09-28-2015, 08:54 PM
Those guys picking with no spread should be 75-80% with all the "homework" they supposedly do.

yup.... 60% ATS rocks...

with the time/resources these cats have, anything <80% straight up is really poor...

DancingRabbit
09-28-2015, 09:03 PM
the Gameday guys picks each week? We know they have sucked- but it's time to call them out on it. They all picked Auburn and lost. But they miss so many games each week- let seriously chart their shitty picks and call them out. Nobody does that to them

This guy does the work for you.

http://gamedaycole.com/

IMissJack
09-28-2015, 09:25 PM
This guy does the work for you.

http://gamedaycole.com/

Tebow, Tebow, Tebow

Coach34
09-28-2015, 10:25 PM
Herbie is 33-15 this season

Coach34
09-28-2015, 10:27 PM
Desmond is 34-17

Coach34
09-28-2015, 10:28 PM
Pollack is 19-7

RougeDawg
09-28-2015, 10:45 PM
Didn't almost the entire SEC Network crew give us about 0% chance of beating Auburn a few weeks ago? Didn't Booger say we weren't even in the same league as Auburn? Weren't we picked last by most of them including McElroy? All of a sudden they have an about face change of heart and just about all pick us to win? Why aren't we calling out that entire crew for their "State lost everyone and only have Dak coming back" bullshit?

I know it only matters how we finish but we deserved more off season respect than we were given , and a lot of these talking heads impacted it. We finished 10-2 and 2nd in the West, while returning arguably the conference's best player. Any other team in the conference with those two attributes would have been on the "Western Division Champ" talk, but we are picked last. No respect at all. Had they actually been objective during the off season, and dug into the details, we would have been preseason top 20 and around 12-14 right now. This all doesn't matter right now and we have to continue winning, but the unwarranted disrespect we continue to receive will not stop until we start holding these "ignorant phill Steele type asshats" accountable. It's time we call them out for their ignorant preseason comments about our team.

oldjoedawg
09-28-2015, 10:54 PM
Didn't almost the entire SEC Network crew give us about 0% chance of beating Auburn a few weeks ago? Didn't Booger say we weren't even in the same league as Auburn? Weren't we picked last by most of them including McElroy? All of a sudden they have an about face change of heart and just about all pick us to win? Why aren't we calling out that entire crew for their "State lost everyone and only have Dak coming back" bullshit?

I know it only matters how we finish but we deserved more off season respect than we were given , and a lot of these talking heads impacted it. We finished 10-2 and 2nd in the West, while returning arguably the conference's best player. Any other team in the conference with those two attributes would have been on the "Western Division Champ" talk, but we are picked last. No respect at all. Had they actually been objective during the off season, and dug into the details, we would have been preseason top 20 and around 12-14 right now. This all doesn't matter right now and we have to continue winning, but the unwarranted disrespect we continue to receive will not stop until we start holding these "ignorant phill Steele type asshats" accountable. It's time we call them out for their ignorant preseason comments about our team.

Last Sat. the SEC NATION TV crew all picked us over Auburn..... except for Joe Tessitore who said he never makes a pick but would that week and picked AU to win....

DancingRabbit
09-28-2015, 10:55 PM
I'm somewhat of the same opinion, but I'll feel much more inclined to call them on the carpet after a win on Saturday.

RougeDawg
09-28-2015, 11:03 PM
Last Sat. the SEC NATION TV crew all picked us over Auburn..... except for Joe Tessitore who said he never makes a pick but would that week and picked AU to win....

I know this. I'm saying their ignorant rhetoric preseason was a complete 180 from their picks this week. They were saying we had barely a chance to beat auburn, would struggle to make a bowl and finish last in west. Then a month later they all change their tune and one of their Preseason Heisman hopefuls was riding the pine. Yes they've come around now, but their disrespect and ignorant positions preseason will continue until they are called out. Based on what we returned this year and last season's actual results, we deserved much more respect in the preseason than we received. This is the main reason o don't pay attention to the off season crap very much. But I will point out when one of them makes an ignorant statement about us such as Braindead Booger's "MSU isn't even in the same league as Auburn this year" comment.

msstate7
09-28-2015, 11:07 PM
I know this. I'm saying their ignorant rhetoric preseason was a complete 180 from their picks this week. They were saying we had barely a chance to beat auburn, would struggle to make a bowl and finish last in west. Then a month later they all change their tune and one of their Preseason Heisman hopefuls was riding the pine. Yes they've come around now, but their disrespect and ignorant positions preseason will continue until they are called out. Based on what we returned this year and last season's actual results, we deserved much more respect in the preseason than we received. This is the main reason o don't pay attention to the off season crap very much. But I will point out when one of them makes an ignorant statement about us such as Braindead Booger's "MSU isn't even in the same league as Auburn this year" comment.

I think the sec network guys see auburn as dropping to our low level rather than us rising to a high level. I think their picks were an indictment against auburn. Hopefully we change that perception this week

RougeDawg
09-28-2015, 11:27 PM
I think the sec network guys see auburn as dropping to our low level rather than us rising to a high level. I think their picks were an indictment against auburn. Hopefully we change that perception this week

You may be correct. I just feel like most of these guys who glance over things, overlooked and misinterpreted "starters lost" instead of looking at "impact players lost" with regard to us.

Either way we have to put up or shut up this weekend and can position ourselves for a nice finish with a W.

One positive aspect of this team that most people are completely disregarding, is our experience last year at #1 for 5 weeks, and we have tough road wins under our belt the last two seasons. Yes, we faltered down the stretch last season, but 5 weeks at #1 was unprecedented territory and pressure for our players and program. Hopefully, that stretch of adversity last year pays off this weekend and down the final stretch. I'd like to think we have matured from last November, and we will see the effects Saturday in College Station.

RAYn_Man
09-28-2015, 11:46 PM
The Gameday pickers were split on our game, 2-2. SEC Nation is a joke

Leroy Jenkins
09-29-2015, 06:57 AM

I thought all of the Gameday crew picked au, latter on in thr show the fat guy with the headset picked us. I think the SEC show is better informed.

DownwardDawg
09-29-2015, 07:03 AM

The entire College Gameday crew all picked Auburn, without hesitation. Bear picked State later in the broadcast.

Coach34
09-29-2015, 07:29 AM

No- everybody on Gameday picked Auburn

Coach34
09-29-2015, 07:30 AM
The SEC Network has already started with A&M has too much firepower for State

Rick Danko
09-29-2015, 07:36 AM

I don't think that's correct. Early that morning when they briefly discussed the game all 4 there said Auburn would win. That is when Bear picked state and Herbie about fell out of his chair.

But, I believe at the noon picking time (11 here) the guest picker Baffert and maybe Corso picked State.

ETA I could be wrong on Corso I'm not sure I had in my mind one of the game day guys picked us at noon but I know the guest picker did

FISHDAWG
09-29-2015, 07:39 AM

I missed it but my buddy said Tebow was the only guy that picked us over Auburn ... I don't know for sure but the only two that seem objective about us is Tebow & David Pollac

Mjoelner34
09-29-2015, 07:43 AM
I don't think that's correct. Early that morning when they briefly discussed the game all 4 there said Auburn would win. That is when Bear picked state and Herbie about fell out of his chair.

But, I believe at the noon picking time (11 here) the guest picker Baffert and maybe Corso picked State.

I think you're right. I remember Corso picking us and Herbie picking Auburn. I don't remember the others though.

SallyStansbury
09-29-2015, 07:45 AM
With multiple pickers and a season worth of "data" I see someone being able to generate a testable hypothesis.

How "wrong" were these picks? How wrong were these picks compared with picking other SEC programs to win/lose? What is the probability of these asshats being that wrong in regard to picking *against* MSU? p = 0.0000001?

Scientifically proven media bias?

Does that hurt us in recruiting or whatever?

How many years does it take to change that perception?

Someone could chart the # of mentions of AU vs the number of mentions of MSU in the prior game. Those announcers were in fact biased against MSU. I don't have the time to compile the data as I have suggested, but the "picking" of games certainly lends itself to relatively simple analysis. I think it would also be cool to see the entire season (all games) vs games with the spread of less than 5 points. I bet the bias really stands out in what are supposed to be close games like this past AU game.

starkvegasdawg
09-29-2015, 07:54 AM
I may get blasted for this and if I do - so be it - because I get the lack of respect thing and it does sting.

But we're starting to sound like frigging TSUN fans here screaming "Look at me! Look at me!" We all say we like being the underdog because it sharpens focus and helps us play with a chip on our shoulder, but as soon as we made the underdog it seems like our Fruit of the Looms all jump up to atomic wedgie levels.

I want us to be respected but I also want it to be because our guys earned it out on the field, and not like the bears because they bought a few players and then jumped up and down in a red and blue clown suit waving like a pageant winner on meth. We had a historic season last year. Let's see what we can do to back it up this season. So far so good. We're a missed FG away from being undefeated with plenty of other chances to prove our talent. Until then, just sit back and watch all the pundits pick against us and continue to be wrong week in and week out. That keeps happening long enough and the tone will change because they will be sick and tired of being wrong on national TV all the time.

Political Hack
09-29-2015, 08:05 AM
SEC Network crew > Gameday crew.

Political Hack
09-29-2015, 08:07 AM

They did but Corso apparently switched his official pick later when they had the guest show up and go trough the picks. When they were talking about the game earlier in the show before the guest picker arrived, they all picked Auburn.

I didn't see him switch it but the article said he picked State along with the guest picker, so they must've went over the game again.

DancingRabbit
09-29-2015, 08:09 AM
The only guys to pick State on Gameday were Corso and Bear (eta - plus the guest picker) . The only guy on SEC Nation to pick Auburn was Joe Tessitore.

Most predictions this week will likely be aTm, and it's hard to blame them as aTm has looked a little better than State and is playing at home. Obviously, if we win this week then we'll start getting a lot more respect.

BB30
09-29-2015, 08:13 AM
Heck, last night Mcelroy said we don't have the play makers at receiver to challenge the aggies. How can you blindly say something like that?