09-28-2015, 05:44 PM
The QB counter:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/1qaiGAz1ztk/hqdefault.jpg

Bringing Myles into the zone read and running the option:

http://www.joedanielfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/zonereadoption.jpg

Coach34
09-28-2015, 05:44 PM
The Triple:

https://espngrantland.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/grant_e_oregon6_57611.jpg?quality=100&strip=all&w=1024

Coach34
09-28-2015, 05:46 PM
jailbreak screen:

http://www.spreadoffense.com/multimedia/ssp_images/Chris_JailBreak_Screen_3.jpg

Coach34
09-28-2015, 05:50 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CktFVXysXxg/UdL93StcN1I/AAAAAAAAAmY/gGapVQ_hgtc/s1068/Screen+Shot+2013-07-02+at+11.19.02+AM.png

Coach34
09-28-2015, 05:51 PM
These plays attack the edge and should help our run game

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2015, 05:56 PM
Like your ideas but I'd use Dear in the zone read rather than Myles. Myles is better in the open but Dear is Josh Robinsin with better speed. His center of gravity is better in tight traffic than Myles.

Coach34
09-28-2015, 05:59 PM
Like your ideas but I'd use Dear in the zone read rather than Myles. Myles is better in the open but Dear is Josh Robinsin with better speed. His center of gravity is better in tight traffic than Myles.

Myles would be the guy coming in motion and being the pitchman on the option. Wouldnt have to worry about him in tight traffic- but Dear would be fine as well

turkish
09-28-2015, 06:26 PM
I noticed an obvious spy for Auburn on a couple of occasions, and I typically don't notice such strategery. Are teams using this constantly? How do you exploit that? Seems this is not a viable strategy in NFL, why not? More consistent receiving threats at that level?

Coach34
09-28-2015, 06:43 PM
I noticed an obvious spy for Auburn on a couple of occasions, and I typically don't notice such strategery. Are teams using this constantly? How do you exploit that? Seems this is not a viable strategy in NFL, why not? More consistent receiving threats at that level?

Yes- you should be able to exploit them in the passing game when this happens

Dallas_Dawg
09-28-2015, 07:38 PM
I'm thinking this was the same type of game plan we had against USCe that year when they had Clowney. Just basically took him out of the game by cutting inside underneath his outside rush.
I would add Aaron Hernandez's TE shovel pass that Mullen likes to run. And also a true HB draw play where the qb sells the pass, and the RB takes it up the gut after the pass rush has come around the edges.
Finally, the bubble screens to Myles/Dear/Gray/ and maybe Bear are good ways to get the ball out quick and into space. Myles seems like he had a game on those bubble screens in the aTm game and then we quit running them for some reason.

bulldawg28
09-29-2015, 12:12 AM

Dear tripped over his own feet Saturday when he should have had a touchdown running down the sideline. He hasn't shown anything to make me believe he's on the same level as Josh Robinson.

Bucky Dog
09-29-2015, 12:15 AM
Coach, we will beat them 47-28! No worries. Dak runs for 100 and throws for 200. Dan is in control!

Clanga
09-29-2015, 02:00 AM
Dear tripped over his own feet Saturday when he should have had a touchdown running down the sideline. He hasn't shown anything to make me believe he's on the same level as Josh Robinson.

No he didn't, if u rewatch the play AU guy got his shoe strings which made him start to stumble, Dear is gonna be a stud hopefully by the time that other team from AL rolls into town....

Percho
09-30-2015, 02:59 PM
How about a little single wing, subing Dak, Fitz, and Staley?

bulldawg28
09-30-2015, 03:06 PM
No he didn't, if u rewatch the play AU guy got his shoe strings which made him start to stumble, Dear is gonna be a stud hopefully by the time that other team from AL rolls into town....

LMAO...shoe string? That makes me feel better about him. You think hitting a shoe string would have tackled Josh?

bulldawg28
09-30-2015, 03:07 PM
A regular draw on 3rd and medium will pick up the 1st down and sore those ends down.

bulldawg28
09-30-2015, 03:10 PM
How about a little single wing, subing Dak, Fitz, and Staley?

It would need to be Fitz he looks like our fastest Qb.

Percho
09-30-2015, 03:21 PM
I think two would be in the backfield at the same time

Best I can remember.

Coach 57
09-30-2015, 03:39 PM
Yes, any coach worth his salt will offensively game plan to ATTACK a hard charging DE. You have to make him either over commit or put him in places where he MUST think alot! Use his outside containment philosophy AGAINST him. The tackles MUST use their punch to get him outside making him over commit. Then when he tries to adjust on the next series/play use the opposite punch to seal him back inside. But hip position, base & hands will have to be a MUST!

I personally think aTm has weak LBs. We MUST expose that weakness! Another thing we can do to implement both personnel groups is to quicken the tempo! Which is something I don't think aTm has faced yet. Great plays though Lee.

TrapGame
09-30-2015, 03:47 PM
Yes, any coach worth his salt will offensively game plan to ATTACK a hard charging DE. You have to make him either over commit or put him in places where he MUST think alot! Use his outside containment philosophy AGAINST him. The tackles MUST use their punch to get him outside making him over commit. Then when he tries to adjust on the next series/play use the opposite punch to seal him back inside. But hip position, base & hands will have to be a MUST!

I personally think aTm has weak LBs. We MUST expose that weakness! Another thing we can do to implement both personnel groups is to quicken the tempo! Which is something I don't think aTm has faced yet. Great plays though Lee.

This is why I love this site! Dropping knowledge!