PDA

View Full Version : Lugenbill weighs in on State vs A&M

Coach34
09-28-2015, 04:44 PM
Said he likes A&M because of their DL vs our OL. Said he just doesnt think we can match them score for score

We are certainly going to have to adjust to their DE's coming off the edge. We have all week to figure out how to slow them down

Saltydog
09-28-2015, 05:00 PM
nt

confucius say
09-28-2015, 05:01 PM
The recipe for beating aggie is to be more physical. Not good for us. We get into a finesse, throw it all over the yard track meet with them and we lose by 14.

And the best way to slow down their two nfl ends is to be able run the ball. Also not good for us.

WinningIsRelentless
09-28-2015, 05:02 PM
And the best way to
Adjust to that is with Brandon's speed inside the tackle a few times to slow their ass up

msstate7
09-28-2015, 05:04 PM
aTm leads sec in sacks
We're 5th in giving up sacks

We're 3rd in sacks
aTm is 12th in giving up sacks

msstate7
09-28-2015, 05:06 PM
The recipe for beating aggie is to be more physical. Not good for us. We get into a finesse, throw it all over the yard track meet with them and we lose by 14.

And the best way to slow down their two nfl ends is to be able run the ball. Also not good for us.

Screens. We need to bring our screen game this week

confucius say
09-28-2015, 05:18 PM

Agree. Another good way. Still need to be able to run the ball though. We go north of 120 on the ground sat and we have a good shot. South of 90, we in trouble.

With the film people have on us now, I expect teams to start trying to take away the intermediate pass. Should be easier to run the ball.

basedog
09-28-2015, 05:19 PM
Gonna be a tough game for us I think. We just aren't physical enough up front.

WinningIsRelentless
09-28-2015, 05:20 PM
Triple option also using the te or slot guy as underneath option would be a good choice also.

:-)
09-28-2015, 05:21 PM
Gotta get back to the draws and misdirection plays to keep their DL honest

BeardoMSU
09-28-2015, 05:35 PM
Agree. Another good way. Still need to be able to run the ball though. We go north of 120 on the ground sat and we have a good shot. South of 90, we in trouble.

With the film people have on us now, I expect teams to start trying to take away the intermediate pass. Should be easier to run the ball.

To do that they'd have to stop putting a spy on Dak, which is the main reason he hasn't been effective running so far. They drop that LB back into coverage, that will free Dak up to run more. Ultimately, it's a pick your poison with our offense. So far teams have committed to stopping Dak from beating them with his legs; fortunately for us, he's been picking secondaries apart with his passing and our talented WR's.

LC Dawg
09-28-2015, 05:43 PM
I took a look at some A&M boards today and their biggest complaints were their OL, LBs, and interior DL. I haven't seen them play a lot but what I have seen of their OL I believe we can get some pressure Saturday.

Jack Lambert
09-28-2015, 06:49 PM
I heard the same crap last year. Everyone of them are all idiots. I don't even watch any College Football talk shows. They don't know what they are talking about. Auburn is proof of that.

Screw them cock sucking, butt breath, crawdad hole ****ing, no nuts.!

and that Booger is the biggest skank breath of them all. LSU ****er.

DanDority
09-28-2015, 06:54 PM
Gotta get back to the draws and misdirection plays to keep their DL honest

Throw in a run by Lee and Dear and this works for me

Saltydog
09-28-2015, 07:02 PM
right game plan but just couldn't make enough plays.......We don't have the physicality Upig has........One thing's for sure, the 18 ppg we're averaging in SEC play won't cut it this weekend........We'd have to at least double that this weekend........

Thick
09-28-2015, 07:08 PM
Said he likes A&M because of their DL vs our OL. Said he just doesnt think we can match them score for score

We are certainly going to have to adjust to their DE's coming off the edge. We have all week to figure out how to slow them down

He has picked everybody to beat us so far this year in SEC play. Why would this week be any different? The Hogs played with them, so can we. It will be a challenge for us and them as well.

Political Hack
09-28-2015, 07:14 PM
Triple option also using the te or slot guy as underneath option would be a good choice also.

I actually think we're about to start seeing some more of this.

WinningIsRelentless
09-28-2015, 07:16 PM
I actually think we're about to start seeing some more of this.

We showed it with Gus in the Southern game

Thompson92
09-28-2015, 07:16 PM

Yep, and quick stuff over the middle. As good as their DL is, the LBs are a weak spot. If Mullen and Diaz are willing to get creative, we'll win this one. They'll be tough, but they've looked beatable, even at times against Nevada.

msstate7
09-28-2015, 08:18 PM
Anyone remember those middle screens we ran with Perkins vs OM? Those would be lethal with dear

BulldogBear
09-28-2015, 08:21 PM
Anyone remember those middle screens we ran with Perkins vs OM? Those would be lethal with dear

I miss those so much. I've never really been satisfied with the number of screens we've attempted in general actually.

LC Dawg
09-28-2015, 08:22 PM
I read today that since joining the SEC A&M has not beaten a ranked team at Kyle Field. Thought that was interesting.

basedog
09-28-2015, 08:24 PM
right game plan but just couldn't make enough plays.......We don't have the physicality Upig has........One thing's for sure, the 18 ppg we're averaging in SEC play won't cut it this weekend........We'd have to at least double that this weekend........

The way I see it is like you said, we gotta score around 34 points to beat them. We gotta keep the chains moving and not give up the big play.

Op4isabitch
09-28-2015, 08:28 PM
I heard the same crap last year. Everyone of them are all idiots. I don't even watch any College Football talk shows. They don't know what they are talking about. Auburn is proof of that.

Screw them cock sucking, butt breath, crawdad hole ****ing, no nuts.!

and that Booger is the biggest skank breath of them all. LSU ****er.

HaHa, I like this guy!!

Bothrops
09-28-2015, 08:30 PM
I'm more worried about stopping their offense.

Schultzy
09-28-2015, 08:49 PM
A&M only scored 21 points on Arkansas in regulation. They're good offensively, not great.

DancingRabbit
09-28-2015, 08:57 PM
A&M only scored 21 points on Arkansas in regulation. They're good offensively, not great.

And Toledo didn't need overtime to beat the Pigs.

Jack Lambert
09-28-2015, 09:10 PM

Arkansas does not have a good defense.

IMissJack
09-28-2015, 09:20 PM

They scored 21 and missed fg in regulation because AR didn't let them have the ball but for 20 minutes. You are mistaken about their offense. Also Speedy Noil (sp) did not play.

BossDawg
09-28-2015, 11:51 PM

I'm thinking (hoping) Dan is keeping these things in his back pocket for later in the season. Wondering if he's slowly gonna get more complex and throw in the trip-option, etc. as we get deeper into the season.

dawgs
09-29-2015, 12:00 AM
They scored 21 and missed fg in regulation because AR didn't let them have the ball but for 20 minutes. You are mistaken about their offense. Also Speedy Noil (sp) did not play.

Speedy isn't much of a threat. 6 catches for 68 yards and 1 TD on the season. Hardly a key cog in their offense.

RougeDawg
09-29-2015, 12:02 AM
I will add that their defense is giving up an average of around 360 YPG, with opponents consisting of ASU, BallState, Nevada, and Arkansas. I am sticking by my preseason prediction that we will beat them because they have an undersized Big12 defense. We will be the best offense and defense they've faced thus far. Our playmakers on offense match up well against their defense. We will be able to run the ball better this week, than against LSU or Auburn. The only real question is can our defense either get pressure with 4 or force turnovers with creative blitz packages?

Barring catastrophic injuries to us we will put up 500+ yards of offense Saturday. I see it high scoring but see our physical play wearing them down in the end, for a 42-31 W.

Dawg61
09-29-2015, 12:15 AM
aTm doesn't have JFF and Evans anymore. We'll beat them by 7.

Bucky Dog
09-29-2015, 12:26 AM
I'm gonna say 47-28 Dogs one more time

FISHDAWG
09-29-2015, 07:57 AM
He has picked everybody to beat us so far this year in SEC play. Why would this week be any different? The Hogs played with them, so can we. It will be a challenge for us and them as well.

Hogs have a running game ... if we dont get at least a total of 150 yds rushing we will lose this game

FISHDAWG
09-29-2015, 08:01 AM
Speedy isn't much of a threat. 6 catches for 68 yards and 1 TD on the season. Hardly a key cog in their offense.

wrong ... his stats may not have caught up yet for this year but make no mistake ... he is a huge weapon for them - probably will light us up

BB30
09-29-2015, 08:07 AM
I will add that their defense is giving up an average of around 360 YPG, with opponents consisting of ASU, BallState, Nevada, and Arkansas. I am sticking by my preseason prediction that we will beat them because they have an undersized Big12 defense. We will be the best offense and defense they've faced thus far. Our playmakers on offense match up well against their defense. We will be able to run the ball better this week, than against LSU or Auburn. The only real question is can our defense either get pressure with 4 or force turnovers with creative blitz packages?

Barring catastrophic injuries to us we will put up 500+ yards of offense Saturday. I see it high scoring but see our physical play wearing them down in the end, for a 42-31 W.

Completely agree. I also think our running game will look much better this week. If those DEs play too aggressive I think Dak will have a big day on the ground assuming he decides to pull the ball and scramble.

Jack Lambert
09-29-2015, 08:09 AM
Hogs have a running game ... if we dont get at least a total of 150 yds rushing we will lose this game

They will always have to worry about Dak. HIs threat to run is enough plus in a around about way we do have a running game. State is just throwing the ball to the running backs which is good. I am good with our offense and our defense and both are good enough to beat A&M

Johnson85
09-29-2015, 08:32 AM

And probably for the first time since I've been a state fan, we don't have a good enough RB to take advantage of this.

sandwolf
09-29-2015, 08:49 AM

Have you ever watched Speedy Noil play? I don't care what his stats are for the year, the guy is definitely a big threat.

msstate7
09-29-2015, 09:21 AM
Is speedy even playing this week?

msstate7
09-29-2015, 09:22 AM
Holloway had 5 rushes for 76 yards last year vs aTm. Could he hit them again?

Johnson85
09-29-2015, 09:29 AM
Holloway had 5 rushes for 76 yards last year vs aTm. Could he hit them again?

We don't have nearly the other threats to distract them from Holloway, but he's also considerably better as a runner this year. This is probably a defense he could handle more carries against.

tcdog70
09-29-2015, 10:46 AM
here is why we beat the Aggies---We have Dak they don't. They are not LSU good. Our offense will score enough points to beat them. We have too many weapons for Dak. They might score but not enough. Manny will figure out how to slow them down. turnovers will decide who wins.