PDA

View Full Version : Tunsil

Coach34
09-28-2015, 03:51 PM
Here's the deal:

1. The NCAA told Northern Miss there were some issues with him being eligible and that they had found some improprieties
2. Northern Miss responded with a voluntary 4 game suspension- will you accept this?
3. NCAA said Hayyyyyyle no- we suggest the whole season based on what we are investigating
4. Northern Miss said we are going to get lawyers and the SEC involved if you wont give us an official decision
5. NCAA said- ok, we dont care what you do. We are still investigating and cannot render a decision yet.

This is where everything stands now. I'll be shocked if he plays Saturday- but obviously negotiations continue. Hell, Northern Miss could be crazy enough to say screw it and play him. But his next snap could be in Cleveland for the Browns or in Tampa protecting Mr Crab Legs

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-28-2015, 03:56 PM
I hope like hell they play him.

Johnson85
09-28-2015, 04:01 PM
Here's the deal:

1. The NCAA told Northern Miss there were some issues with him being eligible and that they had found some improprieties
2. Northern Miss responded with a voluntary 4 game suspension- will you accept this?
3. NCAA said Hayyyyyyle no- we suggest the whole season based on what we are investigating
4. Northern Miss said we are going to get lawyers and the SEC involved if you wont give us an official decision
5. NCAA said- ok, we dont care what you do. We are still investigating and cannot render a decision yet.

This is where everything stands now. I'll be shocked if he plays Saturday- but obviously negotiations continue. Hell, Northern Miss could be crazy enough to say screw it and play him. But his next snap could be in Cleveland for the Browns or in Tampa protecting Mr Crab Legs

I just don't see how they play him without clearance at this point. They're past the most dangerous game on their schedule. Why roll the dice now after sitting him out for Bama? He could make a difference against A&M or LSU by neutralizing a good DE, but he could have easily made a difference against Bama. At this point, they're going to win 8 games without him if they lose every toss-up game on their schedule and more likely they're going 10-2 or 11-1. No way their risking forfeits with the way their season is shaking out.

Coach34
09-28-2015, 04:08 PM
What funny is the "rental car" spin. If that was all it was as the Spin Doctors are telling us- then the NCAA would have already rendered their decision. But they havent. There are plenty of other issues they are looking into- and why they suggested the whole season.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-28-2015, 04:26 PM
He's not playing without clearance from the NCAA.

Dawgowar
09-28-2015, 04:31 PM
Bet the real reason they are getting pushy with the NCAA is NOT Tunsil. It's the impact on recruiting if the rumor machine keeps rolling with credibility. Hard to deny hard truth. They need it buried fast.

Mjoelner34
09-28-2015, 04:32 PM
What funny is the "rental car" spin. If that was all it was as the Spin Doctors are telling us- then the NCAA would have already rendered their decision. But they havent. There are plenty of other issues they are looking into- and why they suggested the whole season.

And he isn't the only one they're looking into either. I keep going back to Freeze's answer to the question after week 1 "Have you spoken with the NCAA about Tunsil?"....."No. Not about Laremy." which implies that he did discuss someone else with them.

fishwater99
09-29-2015, 11:01 AM
My Bear buddy said he is done at UNM, and he is going to head to Florida to train for the draft...

Interesting that there has been no news this week...

Saltydog
09-29-2015, 11:09 AM
"positive developments"..........If there are other players potentially involved in the investigation, any ideas as to who they might be..........Is our ole friend CJJ one of those?

Jack Lambert
09-29-2015, 11:13 AM

I think the Step Dad spilled the entire bowl of beans to the NCAA. He might have back tracked and said that it was all in the heat of the moment but the NCAA is thinking Too Late Dumb Ass.

JDog13
09-29-2015, 12:22 PM
They're not gonna play him without clearance, They have moved past Tunsil and decided he will be the scape goat. They're trying to protect Freeze's wholesome image, and keep him from being implicated in the upcoming sanctions. They're trying to say Freezus had no knowledge of the improper benefits flying around his program. That's why he is saying he is not involved in the Tunsil deal. If they lawyer up, it will be to keep Freezus from getting bbq'd, not Tunsil.

Boodawg
09-29-2015, 12:30 PM
Here's the deal:

Is all this fact or is this assumption? Is the NCAA telling you this? Or is it just some good inside connections? I ask because I hope it all to be true, but I know we have been burned in the past, thinking they were going to get hammered.

Political Hack
09-29-2015, 12:31 PM
Bet the real reason they are getting pushy with the NCAA is NOT Tunsil. It's the impact on recruiting if the rumor machine keeps rolling with credibility. Hard to deny hard truth. They need it buried fast.

They can't take a LOIC charge. They have to throw the kitchen sink at the ncaa if that's what they're coming with and I think that's what they're coming with. no way they spend 3 years on this, watch the players in question graduate unscathed, and get a slap on the wrist. IMO, Freeze and OM have some very real concerns right now.

TrapGame
09-29-2015, 12:40 PM
I think the Step Dad spilled the entire bowl of beans to the NCAA. He might have back tracked and said that it was all in the heat of the moment but the NCAA is thinking Too Late Dumb Ass.

Precisely!

The NCAA had a bunch of rumors with nothing solid until good ol' Step Softie gave it to them on a silver platter. Now the NCAA is going back to square one and filling in all the holes. Shit's about to get real. That fake ass Father Freeze gimmick is about to get nuked!

starkvegasdawg
09-29-2015, 12:44 PM
Precisely!

The NCAA had a bunch of rumors with nothing solid until good ol' Step Softie gave it to them on a silver platter. Now the NCAA is going back to square one and filling in all the holes. Shit's about to get real. That fake ass Father Freeze gimmick is about to get nuked!

We can all hope. Also hope that if Step Softie tries to recant but his info corroborates evidence they had outside his testimony that they will put two and two together and realize he was bought off to recant his story.

Swagger Vance
09-29-2015, 12:44 PM
Hard not to yawn at all of this. I've got no faith that anything serious will happen. The NCAA is a joke.

C222
09-29-2015, 12:50 PM
Hard not to yawn at all of this. I've got no faith that anything serious will happen. The NCAA is a joke.

The just gave SMU basketball a post season ban, loss of 9 scholarships over 3 years, and Larry Brown is suspended 9 games this year. Different sport/violations but maybe they are changing their ways.

Really Clark?
09-29-2015, 12:55 PM

When have they ever spent over 3 years on an investigation and nothing serious come about. Miami? But that was because of their own issues and because of Miami's own unprecedented self-imposed sanctions (self bowl ban for 2 years) and they cooperated with the NCAA. And they still lost 9 scholarships, 3 years probation and 3 coaches with 2 year show-cause sanctions and an additional coach suspended for 5 games. Not saying that the NCAA has as much on UNM as they did Miami but I can't think of a prolonged investigation that lead to just some minor penalties. Someone else might can remember one.

Liverpooldawg
Once again: Their infractions division was in disarray from the fallout from the Miami investigation. There was a lot of turmoil and turnover. That is now over. You are about to see them back in business. They are going to pop more than one school hard to announce this. What they did to SMU basketball this morning should scare the heck out of the folks up on the Plantation.

msstate7
The just gave SMU basketball a post season ban, loss of 9 scholarships over 3 years, and Larry Brown is suspended 9 games this year. Different sport/violations but maybe they are changing their ways.

9 scholarships in basketball over 3 years is dropping the hammer... Dang

Political Hack
09-29-2015, 12:57 PM

The ncaa tournament is their #1 source of income too. They can punish football teams without taking a revenue loss but they can't ban UK, UNC, Duke, etc... Because it kills their own pocket book. They don't get that big of a piece of the post season pie in football, so they can throw the hammer. basketball has more aggregious violations and a larger % of players are paid under the table, but football is the sport that always gets in trouble.

mic
09-29-2015, 12:58 PM

Yes it is...

mic
09-29-2015, 01:05 PM
If they get what USCw got just in scholarship reductions it will hurt them REAL bad..
I think USCw had a 10 scholarship reduction each year for 3 years and a roster reduction.

Ouch... And that was with USC still recruiting a few 5 star guys each year because well they are USC and the amount of players in Cali..
And it still took them a few years to recover...
If this happens in Oxford it will take much much much longer than that ....

msstate7
09-29-2015, 01:06 PM
Yes it is...

The football equivalent is losing 58 scholarships over 3 years. If a college football team gets that, it would take a long time to recover

Mjoelner34
09-29-2015, 01:07 PM
If they get what USCw got just in scholarship reductions it will hurt them REAL bad..
I think USCw had a 10 scholarship reduction each year for 3 years and a roster reduction.

Ouch... And that was with USC still recruiting a few 5 star guys each year because well they are USC and the amount of players in Cali..

If hiring Kiffen was mandated as part of the NCAA punishment, that would trump the scholly reductions as being the worst part.

Political Hack
09-29-2015, 01:08 PM
If Freeze gets a show cause they're going to have to hire someone.

PassInterference
09-29-2015, 01:14 PM
This is all good stuff.

I want you fellow dawgs to keep in mind that Ole Miss has just about never said anything accurate about the Tunsil situation. Over the last 3 years, they denied being under investigation. Tunsil news comes out, and they initially deny the NCAA is in it. Freeze denied talking to the NCAA about Tunsil. They've yet to call Tunsil's benching a suspension which it clearly is. Freeze denies knowing what's going on in the Tunsil case, until just recently he said the goings on were "positive". Nothing but smoke screens and misdirection over there.

This website has consistently been more accurate than Ole Miss on Tunsil matters. Just keep that in mind.

AlSwearengen
09-29-2015, 01:14 PM
They're not gonna play him without clearance, They have moved past Tunsil and decided he will be the scape goat. They're trying to protect Freeze's wholesome image, and keep him from being implicated in the upcoming sanctions. They're trying to say Freezus had no knowledge of the improper benefits flying around his program. That's why he is saying he is not involved in the Tunsil deal. If they lawyer up, it will be to keep Freezus from getting bbq'd, not Tunsil.

yep. It would suck if they were only able to get four recruiting classes out of freeze, especially when you take into account the effort and time they spent on shaping his image.

TrapGame
09-29-2015, 01:17 PM

If the NCAA puts The Network in hibernation for three or four years Mullen needs to put all of his efforts into recruiting. It could elevate the football program to LSU level in this state.

Coach007
09-29-2015, 01:27 PM
Just throwing this out there. Chris Jones met with the NCAA about his recruitment. Had anything come out about it back then, the NCAA would have already acted. I think when it comes down to it, this will end up being about whatever the step father had to say.

TrapGame
09-29-2015, 01:35 PM
Just throwing this out there. Chris Jones met with the NCAA about his recruitment. Had anything come out about it back then, the NCAA would have already acted. I think when it comes down to it, this will end up being about whatever the step father had to say.

Or Step Softie just validated everything he (Chris) told them. They now have another source.

vv83
09-29-2015, 01:36 PM
Didn't he sit out both egg bowls so far? So if he doesn't play at all this season the guy literally never would have played a snap against MSU.

Coach007
09-29-2015, 01:40 PM
Or Step Softie just validated everything he (Chris) told them. They now have another source.

Huh.... you are right. I didnt think about that!

Liverpooldawg
09-29-2015, 01:51 PM

Not nesseserily. In fact it's highly probably that it wouldn't have come out yet.

Coach34
09-29-2015, 01:57 PM

The NCAA has had bit and pieces from all over- but nothing to tie it together. Tunsil's step dad tied some things together. They met with the guy twice- and it was immediately after the domestic crap came out. That NEVER happens. It happened because they were already under investigation. Had they not been- it would have taken a month to get all that going

Coach007
09-29-2015, 01:58 PM
Interesting on the Larry Brown/SMU thing. It seems the NCAA is suggesting that Brown had no direct involvement in the academic fraud but still they hit them with lack of control.

Political Hack
09-29-2015, 02:01 PM

It's a 3-year investigation. On-going. Every bit of that information is being considered and corroborated right now. Nothing is off the table.

starkvegasdawg
09-29-2015, 02:03 PM
Here is Hugh Freeze when meeting with NCAA investigators. Sadly for him this just doesn't cut it any more.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZwNl1GDkwrHjxHu_6Hd9s6dUYEe02W KAwyKtg9X4lLX0s12ma

maroonmania
09-29-2015, 02:03 PM
He's not playing without clearance from the NCAA.

Exactly, they've already won one of if not the most difficult games on their schedule on the road without him. Why would they want to risk forfeiture now by playing him?

Coach007
09-29-2015, 02:04 PM
I hate cheating! I know it's now embedded into a lot of programs... but I do hate it

Coach007
09-29-2015, 02:06 PM
Exactly, they've already won one of if not the most difficult games on their schedule on the road without him. Why would they want to risk forfeiture now by playing him?

Bama will be lucky to be ranked in the top 25 by the end of the season. Looking back, we will find their BAMA win was not that big of a win.

maroonmania
09-29-2015, 02:11 PM
This is all good stuff.

I want you fellow dawgs to keep in mind that Ole Miss has just about never said anything accurate about the Tunsil situation. Over the last 3 years, they denied being under investigation. Tunsil news comes out, and they initially deny the NCAA is in it. Freeze denied talking to the NCAA about Tunsil. They've yet to call Tunsil's benching a suspension which it clearly is. Freeze denies knowing what's going on in the Tunsil case, until just recently he said the goings on were "positive". Nothing but smoke screens and misdirection over there.

This website has consistently been more accurate than Ole Miss on Tunsil matters. Just keep that in mind.

You do have to admire how the Plantation all sticks together and controls even the press around the State. If this was us, there would have been a CL story everyday about us sitting underneath the guillotine of the NCAA and we as MSU fans would all be eating our own. They just stick to the Clinton defense of deny, deny, deny.

maroonmania
09-29-2015, 02:13 PM
Bama will be lucky to be ranked in the top 25 by the end of the season. Looking back, we will find their BAMA win was not that big of a win.

Surely you are joking. Yes, they have QB issues but they are still a heck of a team. OM is a very good team and even with 5 TOs and a miracle TD they still only won over Bama by 6.

Coach34
09-29-2015, 02:28 PM
Surely you are joking. Yes, they have QB issues but they are still a heck of a team. OM is a very good team and even with 5 TOs and a miracle TD they still only won over Bama by 6.

Bama still could lose to us Georgia, and LSU

msstate7
09-29-2015, 02:30 PM

Of course they could very well beat all 3 of us too. Really interested in how effective Chubb is running this week. If bama shuts him down, lsu should be worried. I think our passing attack actually makes us a tougher matchup for bama's defense than lsu

MedDawg
09-29-2015, 02:38 PM

Coach007
09-29-2015, 02:44 PM

No, I'm not joking. Look at the losses last year that they have to replace(I think it was 10 players). It's going to take alot of time on that offense to gel. They have alot more than a QB issue. Who is their go to WR? What about TE? Cyrus Jones not doing as well as last year on defense...

MedDawg
09-29-2015, 02:46 PM

TrapGame
09-29-2015, 02:59 PM
Is Bjork the most corrupt AD in the SEC? In his 3 years as athletic director, OM has had multiple player arrests and multiple sports with NCAA infractions.

B-York is a puppet of The Network. He's like Keanu Reeves character in The Devil's Advocate. He didn't know what kind of evil shit he got himself into!

Jack Lambert
09-29-2015, 03:01 PM
If hiring Kiffen was mandated as part of the NCAA punishment, that would trump the scholly reductions as being the worst part.

I think Croom was our mandate, lucky for us we hired a AD who thought out side the box that saved us.

Political Hack
09-29-2015, 03:39 PM
Tunsil and the car happening THIS year means Ole Miss is open to "repeat offender" status.

Does it have to be the same sport? Seems like it would.

Jack Lambert
09-29-2015, 03:41 PM

I could see that senerio panning out but they are Bama and Saban finds a way.

Really Clark?
09-29-2015, 03:48 PM
Does it have to be the same sport? Seems like it would.

Yeah I'm not sure about the repeat offender being used in that way. I do think you could say that they may stack overlapping infractions from different sports to get to lack of institutional control. That's what they did with USC.

Liverpooldawg
09-29-2015, 04:16 PM
It does NOT have to be in the same sport. They do have to be under current sanctions though. I don't think they are yet, even in the sports they have acknowledged infractions in.

Really Clark?
09-29-2015, 04:23 PM
It does NOT have to be in the same sport. They do have to be under current sanctions though. I don't think they are yet, even in the sports they have acknowledged infractions in.

And that should really make them nervous and why the "after 3 years all they can find is an extended loaner car" talking point is comical. The fans should be asking themselves why after three years and multiple infractions a cross multiple sports are they still investigating. How deep do their problems run? 3 years is a long time to investigate and come back with no or minor sanctions.

Drugs Delaney
09-29-2015, 04:33 PM
You do have to admire how the Plantation all sticks together and controls even the press around the State. If this was us, there would have been a CL story everyday about us sitting underneath the guillotine of the NCAA and we as MSU fans would all be eating our own. They just stick to the Clinton defense of deny, deny, deny.

you got that shit right. when something shady goes on with us you don't have to worry, we will snitch on ourselves

HSVDawg
09-29-2015, 04:42 PM

I haven't counted but I'm pretty sure we lost 9 scholarships over our last 3 years in basketball, but the NCAA didn't have anything to do with it.

blacklistedbully
09-29-2015, 05:03 PM

While I agree, let's not forget UNM needed a lot of luck, and at least 1 blown call to beat Bama. They are some lucky so-and-so's, but it's still not something they want to count on in every big game.

ScottH
09-29-2015, 05:56 PM
B-York is a puppet of The Network.

One of the most accurate posts ever.

mic
09-29-2015, 06:39 PM

And auburn...
Aubbie has UGA, OM, Bama left at home.. They will win at least one of those games.. No way they go 0'fer on the Plains...

Coach007
09-29-2015, 07:54 PM
Yeah I'm not sure about the repeat offender being used in that way. I do think you could say that they may stack overlapping infractions from different sports to get to lack of institutional control. That's what they did with USC.

According to USAToday, the NCAA sited past infractions including the football program.

Really Clark?
09-29-2015, 08:28 PM
According to USAToday, the NCAA sited past infractions including the football program.

The NCAA included the men's basketball and women's tennis violations with the football program for the lack of institutional control. They stacked the programs violations and there were articles about how they went about this case differently by doing so or how the sanctions were harsher because of this, if I remember correctly.

http://web1.ncaa.org/LSDBi/exec/miSearch

http://web1.ncaa.org/LSDBi/exec/miSearch?miSearchSubmit=publicReport&key=691&publicTerms=THIS%20PHRASE%20WILL%20NOT%20BE%20REPE ATED

I don't remember if they had some minor infractions but it had been 9 years since their last major issue with football. That was an acedemic fraud issue.

GreenheadDawg
09-29-2015, 11:23 PM

I'm fairly confident Bama loses in Athens this weekend

BossDawg
09-30-2015, 12:43 AM
Is Bjork the most corrupt AD in the SEC? In his 3 years as athletic director, OM has had multiple player arrests and multiple sports with NCAA infractions.

I doubt Bjork has any involvement in their shenanigans other than maybe just keeping his mouth shut. This has been going on for years, even while Nutt was there.

Todd4State
09-30-2015, 01:13 AM
I doubt Bjork has any involvement in their shenanigans other than maybe just keeping his mouth shut. This has been going on for years, even while Nutt was there.

Doesn't matter. The buck has to stop somewhere and part of his job as AD is to make sure that boosters aren't doing any "shenanigans".

The question is did he know what was going on, can it be proved that he knew, or did he not know- hence why the NCAA hands out LOIC.