PDA

View Full Version : Game time management

Reunion Dog
09-28-2015, 12:48 PM
I can't believe that we have a 5th year Senior QB and a supposedly Genius as a Head Coach & Off. Cord. all in one and have the worst game management system in all of College Football. When all we needed to do was run the clock down and take away as much time as we could.... We actually call 3 plays that go 3 & out and run off an amazing time of 51 seconds... again... 51 damn seconds to go 3 and out.

Clock management cost us the game vs LSU. It almost did @ Auburn. Am I the only one that sees this as a Major issue that hasn't gone away?

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-28-2015, 12:51 PM
I can't believe that we have a 5th year Senior QB and a supposedly Genius as a Head Coach & Off. Cord. all in one and have the worst game management system in all of College Football. When all we needed to do was run the clock down and take away as much time as we could.... We actually call 3 plays that go 3 & out and run off an amazing time of 51 seconds... again... 51 damn seconds to go 3 and out.

Clock management cost us the game vs LSU. It almost did @ Auburn. Am I the only one that sees this as a Major issue that hasn't gone away?

Huh? It did not almost cost us the game @ Auburn.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-28-2015, 01:15 PM
Is it true Reunion is the Swinger capital of Mississippi?

Jack Lambert
09-28-2015, 01:21 PM
Is it true Reunion is the Swinger capital of Mississippi?

It always amaze me when I go out there and hack up that course to see $800K homes but no true club house. If you are talking about reunion the golf course. Now I am waiting to drive up to the 9th tee and see a orgy.

AROB44
09-28-2015, 01:22 PM
Just got to find something to bitch about...

Political Hack
09-28-2015, 02:26 PM
I was actually pretty ticked off too. We whipped their butts last year and this year and the final scores didn't reflect the whipping we dealt them.

Cost us a better chance to win vs LSU. Allowed Auburn more time to try to come back. So far it hasn't hurt us as bad as it could have, but TOP and clock management are going to be huge in our swing games going forward (A&M, UK, and Mizzu).

MadDawg
09-28-2015, 02:34 PM

Uh, have you noticed we can't run the ball really well? Maybe that had something to do with it. To call an inability to run the ball "poor clock management" is pretty silly.

Jack Lambert
09-28-2015, 02:43 PM
I was actually pretty ticked off too. We whipped their butts last year and this year and the final scores didn't reflect the whipping we dealt them.

Cost us a better chance to win vs LSU. Allowed Auburn more time to try to come back. So far it hasn't hurt us as bad as it could have, but TOP and clock management are going to be huge in our swing games going forward (A&M, UK, and Mizzu).

To Daks credit he did start to use up all the play clock before snapping the ball in the 4th Quarter.

dparker
09-28-2015, 04:41 PM
Another thing that I haven't seen mentioned but falls under this. At the end of the first half vs. Auburn we could have used our time outs and had about 2 minutes left when we got the ball back. Instead we let time run out. Given that we are only getting a limited number of possessions we shouldn't give one away voluntarily.

LC Dawg
09-28-2015, 04:55 PM
Another thing that I haven't seen mentioned but falls under this. At the end of the first half vs. Auburn we could have used our time outs and had about 2 minutes left when we got the ball back. Instead we let time run out. Given that we are only getting a limited number of possessions we shouldn't give one away voluntarily.

I'm pretty sure we had under a minute left at the start of the drive right before halftime. Mullen wasn't taking chances in this game so he just went to the locker room with the lead.

sleepy dawg
09-28-2015, 08:25 PM
CadaverDawg, this is what we are talking about that triggers you to post this:

Another person acting like people are upset that we won. Did you come on this message board expecting to see people discussing how great we are, or discussing ways we can improve? Some of you guys amaze me at the way you think everybody should just be praising our program on this board every time we win. Can people not be happy with the win AND discuss ways we need to get better? Is that okay with you sunshine pumpers? It doesn't mean we want Dan fired, or Manny fired....it's just discussing ways to improve. But thank you for reminding us to be happy with a win. We are, I promise. Just don't want 35 threads of fireworks and champagne bottles....is that okay?
Good grief, how hard is it to just not click on a thread if you aren't interested in the talk?

We're not sunshine pumpers, it's just that the complaining of the same shit over and over again is ridiculous. This guy just said this:

Am I the only one that sees this as a Major issue...

.... yes, Reunion Dog, nobody else has brought that up 5000 times.

dparker
09-28-2015, 09:02 PM
I'm pretty sure we had under a minute left at the start of the drive right before halftime. Mullen wasn't taking chances in this game so he just went to the locker room with the lead.

You're right. We did. But on their last set of downs for the half where they were trying to punch it into the end zone from less than the 10, there was over 2 minutes left and we had all our time outs. In that situation they are either going to score or we were going to stop them. Either way I'd want as much time left on the clock for my offense to drive back down and score again. That is what a team like aTm would do. Instead we went into halftime with 1 timeout left.