PDA

View Full Version : Richie "Can't Tackle, Too Slow" Brown SEC Defensive Player of the Week

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-28-2015, 10:39 AM
https://twitter.com/HailStateFB
Well, would you look at that!

Jack Lambert
09-28-2015, 10:44 AM
It's the beard.

EdDawg
09-28-2015, 10:47 AM
Whoever said he was slow needs to actually watch the games. He may miss tackles, but Richie is definitely not slow.

Swagger Vance
09-28-2015, 10:48 AM
Future New England Patriot.

TrapGame
09-28-2015, 10:52 AM
It clicked for Richie Saturday night. He'll play well v. A&M too.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-28-2015, 10:53 AM
It clicked for Richie Saturday night. He'll play well v. A&M too.

No doubt, 3 int's and a defensive player of the week last year against them as a backup was impressive.

Sacrifice
09-28-2015, 10:59 AM
Richie is the real deal, leads our team in total tackles with 39. Jefferson is sitting at #2 with 23.

Political Hack
09-28-2015, 11:11 AM
He's got instincts that you can't coach. Going to be an NFL guy for a long time. Glad he started finishing those plays. he's always in position. He may have taken that next step and be on the way to an All-American preseason nod come next year.

archdog
09-28-2015, 11:21 AM
Imagine how good he would be if he was fast and could tackle.**

Political Hack
09-28-2015, 11:31 AM
Imagine how good he would be if he was fast and could tackle.**

Yeah, but he wasn't a five star so we already know he's not any good.

NCDawg
09-28-2015, 11:33 AM
Nothing wrong with the 2 Brown LB's. Also, Chris Jones and Jefferson on the DL, and Redmond and Calhoun are all good.

Johnson85
09-28-2015, 11:34 AM
Whoever said he was slow needs to actually watch the games. He may miss tackles, but Richie is definitely not slow.

Did anybody claim he was slow? I thought at least since people posted the Iron Dawg or whatever they call it numbers they've known he's not slow. I've heard people wanting to move him to outside and Benequiz to the middle bc they thought he wasn't physical enough, but wasn't aware people were complaining about his speed.

If anything, I think his quickness is one of the reasons he was getting criticized. I think he was being blamed for a lot of missed tackles where in reality his quickness allowed him to get a hand on a ball carrier where a lot of lb's wouldn't have even touched the guy, but he wasn't able to get to the ball carrier and be in a good position to finish the tackl.e

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-28-2015, 11:37 AM
People were comparing him to Cam Lawrence and said he wasn't "athletic" enough to play MLB in the SEC...stereotypes I guess.

Leroy Jenkins
09-28-2015, 12:01 PM
I guess he "plays down to the competition" becuase he didn't look good vs NWSt.

HoopsDawg
09-28-2015, 12:06 PM
Did anybody claim he was slow? I thought at least since people posted the Iron Dawg or whatever they call it numbers they've known he's not slow. I've heard people wanting to move him to outside and Benequiz to the middle bc they thought he wasn't physical enough, but wasn't aware people were complaining about his speed.

If

No, just a straw man argument from the original poster. Richie is a heck of a LB against the AU's and the A&M's. He struggles a little against the LSU's and the Bama's.

mic
09-28-2015, 01:06 PM
Our fan base will find something else too bitch about shortly...
If TXAM throws for 300+ on Sat it will be Redmond can't cover...

Political Hack
09-28-2015, 02:17 PM
Our fan base will find something else too bitch about shortly...
If TXAM throws for 300+ on Sat it will be Redmond can't cover...

Paging war machine dawg... "Redmond has no skills" (paraphrased from last year)

War Machine Dawg
09-28-2015, 03:04 PM
Paging war machine dawg... "Redmond has no skills" (paraphrased from last year)

I never said anything of the sort. What I DID say is that he wasn't our best CB at that time. He'd only been playing for barely a year and a half and had gotten torched early in the season. Thus, at that time, I said Calhoun was our best CB, but that Redmond had the tools to get there. He just needed more production. Since then, he's done everything you could've asked of him and clearly become the best CB we have. And that's saying something, because Calhoun is pretty damn good in his own right. But please, keep intentionally misconstruing what I said and putting words in my mouth. I'll just leave this here...
http://i.imgur.com/E2j56iD.gif