PDA

View Full Version : I guess we allowed some of the bleeding ******s from SPS over here.

AlSwearengen
07-22-2013, 01:30 PM
Reading the Robert Washington thread just reinforces my belief that MSU has the worst, most ignorant, dumbass fanbase in the country. How many ****ing times can a group of fans make the same mistakes over and over and over again? How many times do you have to read about recruits being turned off of a school b/c fans on a message board were bashing them? Everybody bitches about olemiss recruiting better than us, but many of you won't learn from them. They get a piece of bad news about a recruit and they keep their mouths shut or better than that, they turn up the love. Not our fans. Our fans bash the most important recruit in probably 20 years because they think he might be afraid of competition. Jesus help us all.

BeastMan
07-22-2013, 01:33 PM
As soon as I read through RDubb's post on 247, I saw what it was. Ole miss negatively recruiting against us. Instead of identifying and discussing the issue, many panic and blame the recruits. I think we can all agree that recruits read the boards so why not bolster our case instead of shooting it to shit?

FISHDAWG
07-22-2013, 01:34 PM
agreed ... instead, just say what these kids WANT to hear or shut up... they are EVERYWHERE on social media and that def includes message boards

Goat Holder
07-22-2013, 01:35 PM
Insecurity.

Coach34
07-22-2013, 01:39 PM
I've never seen such an overreaction to recruiting because of what Freezus signed this past Feb. You would think our recruiting is awful reading the boards- but by gosh we have player after player up for national awards this year.

It's crazy

CadaverDawg
07-22-2013, 01:50 PM
It's embarrassing how awful some of our fans are

Raytoraid83
07-22-2013, 02:01 PM

Second

ckDOG
07-22-2013, 02:05 PM
Yeah, we'd be better served if some of the moron contingent of our fan based didn't have internet access.

maroonmania
07-22-2013, 02:08 PM
Let's be honest, some threads should NEVER be started. For example, the thread in question was started stating a 2016 recruit's family was upset because we supposedly offered another recruit at their position when we said we wouldn't. Now there are really only about 3 possible reactions to this post:

a. our coaches suck because they are not living up to their word
b. the recruit's family should quit being whiny about the possibility of a little competition
c. I will not post in this thread because I'm not interested in 2016 recruiting right now anyway

So basically nothing positive can come from a thread like that. The best action is to just leave it alone because any other reaction is either going to come across as bashing our coaches or a recruit, neither of which is productive although I guess its better to bash our coaches since they are paid to take criticism.

FlabLoser
07-22-2013, 02:17 PM
Society is still in denial about the power and permenance of social media.

Geraldo Rivera is 70 and I'd be damn proud to be as fit as him at 70. But when you represent an international multi billion dollar TV network, you can't just go serving that stuff up for the world to see.

None of us represent anything that large, but we're all still capable of contributing to Our State's image be it good or bad.

MSUDawg4Life
07-22-2013, 02:30 PM

Agreed. Which is why the Politics board on this site has to go. It's embarrassing.

There's a reason you don't talk about politics or religion in polite company.

This is a sports site and should remain as such. Controversial political comments do not serve our athletic interests and many of the comments on that board can and will portray our fans in a negative light.

It has to go.

The Croom Diaries
07-22-2013, 02:49 PM
Agreed. Which is why the Politics board on this site has to go. It's embarrassing.

There's a reason you don't talk about politics or religion in polite company.

This is a sports site and should remain as such. Controversial political comments do not serve our athletic interests and many of the comments on that board can and will portray our fans in a negative light.

It has to go.

My guess is the intent of that forum was to keep politics away from this one. And that it has. I doubt the creators of Elite Dawgs knew it would take off. But aside from the first week of this site I haven't even gone over there. Still I have no problem with it. I don't think it reflects poorly on our school. If anything it shows we have people who think differently.

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Let's be honest, some threads should NEVER be started. For example, the thread in question was started stating a 2016 recruit's family was upset because we supposedly offered another recruit at their position when we said we wouldn't. Now there are really only about 3 possible reactions to this post:

b. the recruit's family should quit being whiny about the possibility of a little competition
c. I will not post in this thread because I'm not interested in 2016 recruiting right now anyway

So basically nothing positive can come from a thread like that. The best action is to just leave it alone because any other reaction is either going to come across as bashing our coaches or a recruit, neither of which is productive although I guess its better to bash our coaches since they are paid to take criticism.

Nailed it.

Todd4State
07-22-2013, 03:58 PM
I've never seen such an overreaction to recruiting because of what Freezus signed this past Feb. You would think our recruiting is awful reading the boards- but by gosh we have player after player up for national awards this year.

It's crazy

I hate to say it, but bottom line is our fans in general want to win a mythical recruiting national championship too.

Todd4State
07-22-2013, 04:05 PM
Yeah, we'd be better served if some of the moron contingent of our fan based didn't have internet access.

No kidding. Part of the problem is some MSU boards have become so much about free speech, speaking your mind, and allowing venting that they get too lenient about allowing stuff that could potentially hurt MSU out there.

I'm not saying that free speech and venting is bad- I've certainly done it myself, but Paul or whomever should delete those posts and send the poster a PM explaining why their post hurts MSU. If the poster gets pissed off and calls 247 Genespage Lite or whatever, just ban their ass.

Todd4State
07-22-2013, 04:08 PM

Great post. And according to Paul the reason our coaches haven't called is because apparently they can't call right now. We need to give Dan a chance to straighten this out. I'm betting that he will.