PDA

View Full Version : It may have been buried in another thread but....

Dawgology
09-28-2015, 09:00 AM
Did watching Graves drill that 44 yard field goal kind of dredge up the LSU loss for you? I mean....shit. We could be 4-0 right now. Damn it! It still stings.

Political Hack
09-28-2015, 09:01 AM
Yes. It did.

Original48
09-28-2015, 09:05 AM
As I mentioned in the other thread..again I'm not at practice...but just let him be our kicker whatever the distance. He has a better chance if hitting from 50+ warmed up and in rhythm rather than bringing Bell in to launch skuds.

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-28-2015, 09:10 AM
Well on the bright side it looks like we have a good kicker for the 2016 and 2017 seasons. As long as Mullen gives Graves the shot from now on (I think he will) I won't be too upset.

tcdog70
09-28-2015, 09:13 AM
All we had to do is have Dak run a draw-call time out and kick a forty something FG which He has been doing regularly. Dan got cute and it cost Us again. LSu was on their heels. Who on this Board would have let Bell Kick?

Coach34
09-28-2015, 09:14 AM
Watching the replay- Graves was warming up- didn't even see Bell warming up on camera. I'm still pissed

HancockCountyDog
09-28-2015, 09:43 AM
Did watching Graves drill that 44 yard field goal kind of dredge up the LSU loss for you? I mean....shit. We could be 4-0 right now. Damn it! It still stings.

I was at the game, that kick cleared the goal posts by about 10 yards. If I see Bell on the field for any other purpose than to congratulate Graves, I may start climbing clocktowers.

Dawgology
09-28-2015, 09:52 AM
Watching the replay- Graves was warming up- didn't even see Bell warming up on camera. I'm still pissed

I have it from a GOOD source that Bell has gone to Mullen and said that he doesn't want place kick. This was at the beginning of the year.

Jack Lambert
09-28-2015, 09:55 AM
No but watching NW ST kick a 52 on us did.

msstate7
09-28-2015, 09:57 AM
Do kickers generally get more range with age?

HoopsDawg
09-28-2015, 09:58 AM

I'm more pissed that Mullen didn't call a timeout to avoid the delay of game than Mullen marching Bell out there for the 52 yarder. That can't happen!!! Who knows, may have cost us the West.

maroonmania
09-28-2015, 10:21 AM
Mullen makes some inexplicable decisions at times. Pulling Bell off the sidelines to try and kick a game winner is one of them. I'm convinced Bell wouldn't have made that FG against LSU if Miles would have given him 10 tries (rather than just the 2). But Mullen gonna Mullen. Just like the deal with Shump right now. If Mullen can't see Shump is not an SEC feature back then I just don't know what the man is looking at. At this point, since he refuses to let Lee or Williams even be in the game plan, I'm for giving 15-20 carries a game to Holloway and just hope against hope that he can take the punishment.

thunderclap
09-28-2015, 10:53 AM
Yep. First thing I thought was this is about where we would have kicked from if we take the timeout. Then he freaking drills it.

Reunion Dog
09-28-2015, 01:06 PM
AGREED!.. He had a good extra 6 yards distance on that kick. Why does our long kicker use the right hash mark and try to draw the kick when he would have much more room to do it from the left hash mark? I know the kid tried... and it had the length and heigth. it would have been good from the left side of the field...

Really Clark?
09-28-2015, 01:14 PM
AGREED!.. He had a good extra 6 yards distance on that kick. Why does our long kicker use the right hash mark and try to draw the kick when he would have much more room to do it from the left hash mark? I know the kid tried... and it had the length and heigth. it would have been good from the left side of the field...

How did our kicker have any say what hash mark he kicks from in that instant?