PDA

View Full Version : Interesting stat about aTm

msstate7
09-27-2015, 10:04 PM
aTm is 13th in the sec giving up sacks. We're 3rd in the sec in getting sacks despite not facing passing teams in the sec.

Coach34
09-27-2015, 10:13 PM
Manny faced alot of these offenses in the Big 12. Its not like he isnt familiar with them. We have to go on the road and perform

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2015, 10:16 PM
I don't know how good A&M really is. I know they are pretty good, but I don't know if they're LSU good or Auburn good, & I actually think Auburn will get things together once they combine the offense they ran last night with Jeremy Johnson at QB.

Point is that Arizona State & Arkansas are very mediocre teams & A&M let both hang around for an awful long time. If we play well Saturday, I absolutely believe we'll have every opportunity to win.

I also think it helps that we just played at Jordan Hare. Kyle Field isn't as tough to play at as Jordan Hare, so our players shouldn't feel intimidated or overwhelmed. We should be very calm.

HSVDawg
09-27-2015, 10:51 PM
I don't know how good A&M really is. I know they are pretty good, but I don't know if they're LSU good or Auburn good, & I actually think Auburn will get things together once they combine the offense they ran last night with Jeremy Johnson at QB.

I think they are somewhere between Auburn good and LSU good. They are beatable for sure. The one position that is really going to have to come ready to play is our safeties. Calhoun and Redmond can't cover everybody and they are going to take many more shots down the field than Auburn or LSU. Market and Coman have to help limit big completions and be there to wrap up when they do hit big plays. Only way you can make a 30 yard completion worse is taking a bad angle or missing a tackle that gives up another 30 yards after the catch.

Todd4State
09-28-2015, 12:03 AM
I think they are somewhere between Auburn good and LSU good. They are beatable for sure. The one position that is really going to have to come ready to play is our safeties. Calhoun and Redmond can't cover everybody and they are going to take many more shots down the field than Auburn or LSU. Market and Coman have to help limit big completions and be there to wrap up when they do hit big plays. Only way you can make a 30 yard completion worse is taking a bad angle or missing a tackle that gives up another 30 yards after the catch.

From my totally amateur film study of Texas A&M highlight films- they like to run a LOT of corner routes and deep crossing routes. They have some big WR's- and they have two really mobile QB's.

klong-dog
09-28-2015, 08:02 AM
On offense we have to key in and pay special attention to #15, double team him, diamond formation to have Shump in there just to block him. When on defense, limit the YAC, especially when #3 & #2 get their hands on the ball.

dawgwood
09-28-2015, 08:07 AM
On offense we have to key in and pay special attention to #15, double team him, diamond formation to have Shump in there just to block him. When on defense, limit the YAC, especially when #3 & #2 get their hands on the ball.
Agree,,, But I also think we can't allow,the quarterback. to scramble for tons of yards when the play breaks down.

msstate7
09-28-2015, 08:09 AM
When Murray comes in the game, who do we have that can spy him?

klong-dog
09-28-2015, 08:14 AM
How much has Murray been playing? Yeah that cat is like a water bug. Yeah sure wish we had Wells back for this one. Brandon Bryant? Not sure who we'd have to be a some what spy for him.

dawgwood
09-28-2015, 08:22 AM

When Murray comes in the game, who do we have that can spy him?
We got a couple freshman that'll be glad to knock his ass if giving the chance. We gonna be okay though,

msstate7
09-28-2015, 10:09 AM
I think this week a middle screen to dear, Myles, or Holloway could be a huge play. Garrett will be coming upfield all day, so screens would be a nice counter punch.