PDA

View Full Version : Auburn Game Thoughts

GTHOM
09-27-2015, 09:19 PM
Ive been trying to do this every week was kinda busy last week and it was NW ST so I slacked a little.

Offensively I think we were rolling and would have kept on till Walley fumbled. I would be mad at him but he has done a lot more good than bad in the passing game. Hes definitely stepped up and doing his best to replace MoJo. Dak and the o line were RAZOR sharp passing the ball. Dak is making some NFL money with these throws. He would have had 85-90 percent completion rate if you take out the drops by the WRs. Bear Wilson is a beast but he has the dropsies at times. Sometimes he bobbles it and still catches it. But his downfield catches are Madden like. We have one of the best WR groups in the SEC and they are showing it. If we can eat people up with the pass I dont mind not running it as much. But to that point, we have to be able to run it some. 21 rushes is low. Its obvious Shump is not an SEC Rb. I like him and have stood up for him on here and to other fans all year but he just is not a zone runner. Holloway has been our best RB. Give it to him. He has the hot hand. The o line run blocked better than they did vs LSU but Shump couldnt take advantage. I think he ended with 5 carries for 5 yards...SMH. Malik Dear needs the ball more. The holding call on his big run on the swing pass was garbage. He is going to be a weapon on those plays. Would love to see him get carries out of the backfield. I guess Lee and Williams will play vs lesser teams. Idk why. We are who we are and we are damn good at slinging the rock. People forget we ate LSU up too when we committed to it.

Defensively the thing that stood out to me is that we always had a lot of guys around the ball. We need to get better at hawk tackling but Seattle didnt do it perfect in a year either. Diaz turned the dogs loose on some 3rd downs, especially in the 2nd half. 4 sacks is solid. Our secondary looked better but i wanna see them produce next week not just against sean white. We have to improve at setting the edge. This is basic stuff you teach and learn in middle school football. We are solid between the tackles but our ends and OLBs need to set the edge. JT Gray has the speed to do it, Zach Jackson doesnt. ZJ deserves to play in some capacity but he doesnt need to start in my opinion. Torrey Dale does not need to play another snap unless its garbage time. Brandon Bryant played well. Coman and Market played well but Auburn didnt really test them. Cleveland has some dawg in him. Hes learning but hes got some fight in him and hes physical. Dez Harris makes some mistakes but he has a NFL ceiling. Why are people hating on deandre ward playing? Hes earned it and deserves it. Will Redmond is an NFL CB. We put him on duke williams and he had virtually no impact on the game. Add in a pick for Redmond too. I think people need to support Diaz. Hes earned it. Were giving up 14 pts a game. Not too shabby. We got some sacks and TFLs last night. We looked like a diaz defense. Need some more turnovers but they will come with pressure.

This was one of the best special teams games we have had in a while. Except the penalty that negated Cookes punt. He showed out. Westin Graves is solid. He shouldve kicked vs LSU...

Overall i think we took auburns best shot and won. At their place. Its always great to beat them. We owed them after the last 2 trips over there. If walley doesnt fumble on 4th down we rout them. This is the first time Malzahn was held without and offensive TD. Thats impressive even the manny haters have to agree with that. I like our chances vs A&M. We win next week and we are in prime position to make a run at the west.

Love to hear yalls thoughts. Hail State