PDA

View Full Version : Paps done gone plum loco

BrunswickDawg
09-27-2015, 03:55 PM
Bryce Harper probably deserves to be choked, but come on mane

LOOK: Jonathan Papelbon chokes Bryce Harper in dugout fight http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25318969/jonathan-papelbon-bryce-harper-have-altercation-in-dugout via @CBSSports

DownwardDawg
09-27-2015, 04:14 PM
Haha!!! I love it. Run that out!!!

BeardoMSU
09-27-2015, 04:17 PM
He's a nut-job, but at least he's our nut-job, lol.

I seen it dawg
09-27-2015, 04:21 PM
Harper told him "shut the **** up you hear me. **** you. Let's go" can pretty much easily read his lips. Then paps says "you wanna go???" And then comes off the top rope. **** Bryce Harper the ****ing punk.

MSUDawg4Life
09-27-2015, 04:30 PM
Paps is right as far as I'm concerned. You gotta run that out.

Dallas_Dawg
09-27-2015, 04:32 PM
Yeah good for Paps. Harper is a douchebag, just look at his hairdo

starkvegasdawg
09-27-2015, 04:43 PM
Paps is the man. Harper thought he'd run his mouth and nothing happen and got shown otherwise.

Thrill1
09-27-2015, 04:48 PM
Love how the CBS author comes to Harper's aid. Whatever. That dude's never been told to run out a pop up in his life. Especially never by a teammate. Good for Paps.

CadaverDawg
09-27-2015, 04:49 PM
Paps said I don't give a damn who you are, you're going to respect the game and run out a fly ball, and you damn sure aren't gonna disrespect a man that can kick your ass. Haha, gotta love Paps

dawgs
09-27-2015, 04:59 PM
Paps is the man. Harper thought he'd run his mouth and nothing happen and got shown otherwise.

paps was the one that started running his mouth. harper is a 4 year veteran having the best season any hitter has had (relative to league average) since bonds at his steroid prime. players jog out pop ups literally every single game without catching shit from their teammates, especially veterans playing at a high level. to get on his ass shows a complete lack of respect imo. do that with a rookie or a young role player, but you don't do that with a veteran about to win the MVP. paps wouldn't have said anything to werth or zimmerman because they are older veterans, whereas he perceives himself to be higher up the pecking order than harper because he's younger and he thought he could "coach" or "lead" him or whatever, but in reality it's patronizing to do that to a stud veteran player. as someone that knew paps at msu (played HS ball with one of the guys on the team at the time), he was a turd then and he's still a turd now. i thought that trade was going to be a disaster when it was being rumored and it's played out about as i expected it to play out in reality.

msstate7
09-27-2015, 05:05 PM
paps was the one that started running his mouth. harper is a 4 year veteran having the best season any hitter has had (relative to league average) since bonds at his steroid prime. players jog out pop ups literally every single game without catching shit from their teammates, especially veterans playing at a high level. to get on his ass shows a complete lack of respect imo. do that with a rookie or a young role player, but you don't do that with a veteran about to win the MVP. paps wouldn't have said anything to werth or zimmerman because they are older veterans, whereas he perceives himself to be higher up the pecking order than harper because he's younger and he thought he could "coach" or "lead" him or whatever, but in reality it's patronizing to do that to a stud veteran player. as someone that knew paps at msu (played HS ball with one of the guys on the team at the time), he was a turd then and he's still a turd now. i thought that trade was going to be a disaster when it was being rumored and it's played out about as i expected it to play out in reality.

So how much salary are you gonna have to eat to get rid of him? 12 million? Haha

Wish paps had broke Harper's nose...little punk

CadaverDawg
09-27-2015, 05:08 PM

Or Harper could just do the right thing that a veteran leader should do, and run out the damn pop up. I'm not saying Paps was right, but I used to hate it when people didn't run out pop ups too....and it sets a bad example for the team if the leader and MVP candidate is loafing or pouting out there.

msstate7
09-27-2015, 05:10 PM
Didn't this start earlier in the week when Harper called paps out for beaning manny machado?

Tbonewannabe
09-27-2015, 05:37 PM
I don't know anything about it but from everything I have seen Harper is a little entitled bitch. Paps might do him a favor kicking his ass. Maybe it would straighten him out. Harper has probably never had someone call him on his shit.

DownwardDawg
09-27-2015, 05:43 PM

17 that. Respect the game. Run it out. He'll respect Paps if not the game from now on. wuss

BulldogBear
09-27-2015, 06:36 PM
17 that. Respect the game. Run it out. He'll respect Paps if not the game from now on. wuss

Errors do happen in the big leagues. Pretty boy Harper better be glad I'm not his manager, even after Paps jumping on him.

Dawg61
09-28-2015, 01:20 AM

I'm not surprised one bit you took up for the little bitch boy Harper since you're a diehard Nats fan but Papelbon is MSU blood. Did you listen to the post game interviews? Paps owned it and said he was in the wrong. He answered the questions honestly and truthfully. Harper went full on Marshawn Lynch and pussied his way through the questions. Impressive choke hold by Paps. He had Harper by the throat insanely quick. Harper would be wise to back the **** down to Paps or he'll be out 6 months recovering from a broken vag*na.

Nats ownership will take Harper's side here and Paps will get fired basically but he just bought himself all sorts of respect around the league. Nobody likes bitch boy Harper. Paps is now the guy that choked him out in the dugout. Sometimes it's worth it to get fired. This is one of those times. Anyone see Paps laughing in the dugout right after it. The satisfaction he got from that choke hold was worth every bit of shit he's about to receive and then some.

dawgs
09-28-2015, 02:09 AM
Errors do happen in the big leagues. Pretty boy Harper better be glad I'm not his manager, even after Paps jumping on him.

harper was basically standing on first by the time the ball was caught. maybe he was a couple steps short, but he would have been standing on first if the ball was dropped. not like he was still standing in the box or had already headed back to the dugout before it was caught. the only thing he did was take a second to start running after the pop up. sure he didn't sprint it to first, but i literally have seen guys do EXACTLY what harper did on in literally every single baseball game i've ever watched.

Dawg61
09-28-2015, 03:10 AM
harper was basically standing on first by the time the ball was caught. maybe he was a couple steps short, but he would have been standing on first if the ball was dropped. not like he was still standing in the box or had already headed back to the dugout before it was caught. the only thing he did was take a second to start running after the pop up. sure he didn't sprint it to first, but i literally have seen guys do EXACTLY what harper did on in literally every single baseball game i've ever watched.

Paps threw at Machado because he pimped his HR off Scherzer. Paps was basically telling Scherzer and everyone else on the Nats team that he had their backs but Harper's response to the media was that he himself was now going to get hit cause of it. That put Paps in full on rage mode. Then today Paps tells Harper "you can't do that man" after Harper dragged ass down the line which was followed by Harper screaming at Paps "**** you, you wanna ****ing go right now" and before it escaped his mouth Paps had his throat and had pushed Harper against the wall. If the 3 coaches/players hadn't pulled Paps off Harper it was about to get really bad. Then bitch boy runs into the lockerroom and Scherzer, Zimmerman and Strasburg chill next to Papelbon the rest of the game after he gave up 2 runs in the 9th. Pretty obvious which side the players had taken and it wasn't Mr. Hair Gel crying in the lockerroom by himself. **** Harper

shoeless joe
09-28-2015, 07:08 AM

Maybe the fact that your MVP candidate doesn't run out pop ups is why the Nats suck rite now. That type of attitude permeates thru the team, especially if it's one of your better players. Paps tries to lead the correct way, even if he's struggling on the field...I guarantee you his teammates respect his attitude towards the game way more than Harper.

CadaverDawg
09-28-2015, 07:33 AM
1st time I've wanted to watch MLB in 15 years. Thanks Paps.

msstate7
09-28-2015, 07:36 AM
1st time I've wanted to watch MLB in 15 years. Thanks Paps.

Watch this last week of the braves, you'll never miss another game****

Outside Dawg
09-28-2015, 08:00 AM
Listening to Mike & Mike on radio today. They didn't say names, but said they polled 12 current and past MLB players and all 12 said some version of Harper was wrong and has had it coming.

Bubb Rubb
09-28-2015, 09:09 AM
Paps looks bad on the surface, sure. But I'm willing to bet that he picked up a lot of respect across the league for what he did. Also, you have to consider the environment in the Nats clubhouse. Harper is the golden child and the fan favorite, and you have guys who have been there forever, or have huge contracts, like Zimmerman, Scherzer, Werth, etc. It's not easy for them to call out a Harper, but for a veteran outsider with a world series ring, it's a little bit easier, because he doesn't have any long-term ties to the organization. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was put up to that by some of the other vets, or even by Matt Williams himself.

And right, wrong, or indifferent, I bet Harper runs out the next one.

BrunswickDawg
09-28-2015, 09:26 AM
Paps looks bad on the surface, sure. But I'm willing to bet that he picked up a lot of respect across the league for what he did. Also, you have to consider the environment in the Nats clubhouse. Harper is the golden child and the fan favorite, and you have guys who have been there forever, or have huge contracts, like Zimmerman, Scherzer, Werth, etc. It's not easy for them to call out a Harper, but for a veteran outsider with a world series ring, it's a little bit easier, because he doesn't have any long-term ties to the organization. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was put up to that by some of the other vets, or even by Matt Williams himself.

And right, wrong, or indifferent, I bet Harper runs out the next one.

And I read that Paps has Guaranteed Money for 2016 - part of his trade condition was the Nats picking up his option for next season. So if they move him or cut him, he is laughing all the way to the bank.

I know it sounds stupid to many people, but I was raised in baseball by 1930s minor league player. You wore your pants high, you bent your brim (didn't crease it like lots of early 80s kids did), you hustled to first on anything you hit or on a walk, you went in hard on 2nd to break the DP spikes flying, and you backed your teammates at all costs. The only Harper gets right are his pants.

Political Hack
09-28-2015, 09:50 AM
Rightly or wrongly Paps wants to win big. if he doesn't think you're trying to, he's gonna let it rip. He's old school. and I love that. Probably shouldn't choke teammates on the regular, but injecting some fire in the clubhouse is needed every once in a while.

I'll also say this, if Harper had Paps tenacity and drive, he would've been a five time MVP and had multiple rings before he hangs it up. He'll be lucky to have one each with his on the field attitude.

dawgs
09-28-2015, 04:09 PM
Rightly or wrongly Paps wants to win big. if he doesn't think you're trying to, he's gonna let it rip. He's old school. and I love that. Probably shouldn't choke teammates on the regular, but injecting some fire in the clubhouse is needed every once in a while.

I'll also say this, if Harper had Paps tenacity and drive, he would've been a five time MVP and had multiple rings before he hangs it up. He'll be lucky to have one each with his on the field attitude.

"Had"? "Would've"? He's 22 years old about about to be a first time mvp. It's baseball though, he can only do so much. He can rake like Ruth, but if the other 8 guys don't hit and the pitchers don't pitch well and the ball isn't hit to him, he literally can't do anything about any of that.

What an asinine statement. People called Harper a douchebag for going all out all the time and criticized him when it let to injuries each of the last 2 years that delayed his breakout season this year. You don't put up the best offensive season since roid era bonds without having drive and tenacity.

dawgs
09-28-2015, 04:12 PM
This argument sums up how ****ing dumb people getting their panties in a wad are.

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2015/9/28/9409871/jonathan-papelbon-bryce-harper-fight-fight-fight-fight

msstate7
09-28-2015, 04:13 PM
You don't put up the best offensive season since roid era bonds without having drive and tenacity.

You serious? Ever heard of Miguel Cabrera?

dawgs
09-28-2015, 04:21 PM
http://mweb.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25320032/team-papelbon-or-team-harper-either-way-try-to-be-objective

It all started when Papelbon apparently didn't appreciate Harper not running hard on a pop-up. Replays showed Harper was rounding first base when the pop-up was caught, so I'm not sure how much harder he's supposed to run, but Papelbon took exception.

dawgs
09-28-2015, 04:22 PM
You serious? Ever heard of Miguel Cabrera?

Do you understand metrics and how they work? Compared to his peers of 2015, Harper is having the best season above his peers since bonds.

msstate7
09-28-2015, 04:29 PM
Do you understand metrics and how they work? Compared to his peers of 2015, Harper is having the best season above his peers since bonds.

Cabrera won triple crown.

dawgs
09-28-2015, 04:31 PM
http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2015/9/25/9393685/bryce-harpers-historic-season

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/bryce-harpers-quest-to-join-bonds-mantle-ruth/

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/just-a-bit-outside/story/joey-votto-cincinnati-reds-best-offensive-season-last-place-team-historic-090715

That last one has a chart of the best wRC+ seasons since 2000. Miggy didn't have any season as good as Harper's 2015. Also, goes without saying Harper is a better base runner and fielder.

dawgs
09-28-2015, 04:32 PM

See you still don't understand what I'm saying at all.

:-)
09-28-2015, 04:33 PM
Bryce Harper has been an absolute freak and the fact that Washington STILL didn't make the playoffs despite his play shows just how awful they underachieved.

Desmond, Rendon, Werth all dreadful this year. Ramos might be the worst regular catcher in the league offensively. Harper should have choked them all.

DancingRabbit
09-28-2015, 04:34 PM
In the real world what Paps did was certainly wrong. But sports team clubhouses or locker rooms don't operate exactly like the real world.

It was stupid for Harper to take a shot at Paps while talking to reporters. After that, when Paps got on his ass he should have nodded and said nothing.

He's dense if he doesn't realize that if he says "let's go" then Paps is gonna "go". Paps should have probably goaded him into taking the first swing though, then beat his ass.

Bubb Rubb
09-28-2015, 04:35 PM
http://mweb.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25320032/team-papelbon-or-team-harper-either-way-try-to-be-objective

It all started when Papelbon apparently didn't appreciate Harper not running hard on a pop-up. Replays showed Harper was rounding first base when the pop-up was caught, so I'm not sure how much harder he's supposed to run, but Papelbon took exception.

No. It all started when Harper threw Paps under the bus last week when he threw at a guy. That enraged the entire clubhouse. You and the other Harper fanboys can keep slobbering over his performance, and he's been great this year, but that doesn't change the fact that he is a clubhouse cancer who doesn't play the game the right way. It has been pretty well documented now in stories online that most people who know baseball and understand the situation sides with Paps in this deal.

dawgs
09-28-2015, 04:40 PM

Also worth noting that Harper would be on pace to win the triple crown if he had more rbi opportunities, but he can't get on base for rendon or werth or anyone else that's hit ahead of him this year. Nor can he personally control the health of span and rendon. RBIs are a notoriously terrible measurement of a hitter's effectiveness. Harper leads the league in HRs, avg, slug, obp, ops, runs, 2nd to votto in BBs, and still 5th in RBIs, but if you think miggy had a better offensive season because of his teammates getting in base in front of him, then by all means, keep showing your ignorance.

msstate7
09-28-2015, 04:41 PM
Where do you get LOB stats for hitters? Just wondering how they stacked up bc of the difference in rbi's

msstate7
09-28-2015, 04:43 PM
Also worth noting that Harper would be on pace to win the triple crown if he had more rbi opportunities, but he can't get on base for rendon or werth or anyone else that's hit ahead of him this year. Nor can he personally control the health of span and rendon. RBIs are a notoriously terrible measurement of a hitter's effectiveness. Harper leads the league in HRs, avg, slug, obp, ops, runs, 2nd to votto in BBs, and still 5th in RBIs, but if you think miggy had a better offensive season because of his teammates getting in base in front of him, then by all means, keep showing your ignorance.

Miguel hit for a higher avg and so far has more hr's

dawgs
09-28-2015, 04:44 PM
No. It all started when Harper threw Paps under the bus last week when he threw at a guy. That enraged the entire clubhouse. You and the other Harper fanboys can keep slobbering over his performance, and he's been great this year, but that doesn't change the fact that he is a clubhouse cancer who doesn't play the game the right way. It has been pretty well documented now in stories online that most people who know baseball and understand the situation sides with Paps in this deal.

There is nothing manly about what paps did hitting machado. It's a dumbass bullshit baseball machismo thing that meatheads like paps thinks he should do because machado watched a ball a split second too long in his opinion. There was no clubhouse uproar over Harper's comment at all. Paps can go up there throwing at guys, but the reality is his ass doesn't have to get up there and face live pitching and get the repercussions (yes national league, but he's a closer so the odds he hits are incredibly low). Why not reach back and throw 3 strikes past machado instead of being a "man" and beaning him. The unwritten rules of baseball are such stupid bullshit. Worst part of the game by far.

dawgs
09-28-2015, 04:45 PM
Miguel hit for a higher avg and so far has more hr's

How come his performance relative the rest of the least isn't rated higher?

Still not getting it.

dawgs
09-28-2015, 04:48 PM
No one has addressed the double standard between the outrage over Harper jogging out a pop up and literally every other player in baseball jogging out pop ups, ranging in relevance from Clint Robinson to HoFers like papi, miggy, and pujols.

Be objective people, apply your standards fairly and uniformly across the board.

msstate7
09-28-2015, 04:52 PM
Without the LOB stat, I can't be certain, but do you think Miguel striking out 40 times less than Harper so far is part of the rbi discreprency?

dawgs
09-28-2015, 04:55 PM
Where do you get LOB stats for hitters? Just wondering how they stacked up bc of the difference in rbi's

miggy's best wRC+ season of 2013, he had 321 PA with runners on base in 144 games (262 ABs + 59 BBs)

this year, harper has 296 PA with runners on base in 144 games (226 ABs + 70 BBs)

not exactly LOB numbers, but gives you an idea of the difference.

dawgs
09-28-2015, 04:57 PM
Without the LOB stat, I can't be certain, but do you think Miguel striking out 40 times less than Harper so far is part of the rbi discreprency?

harper has 123 BBs in 2015, and in 2013, miggy had 90 BBs, so you could make the same argument that if harper wasn't as patient of a hitter, he might have more RBIs too. undoubtedly, those extra BBs probably are part of the reason harper has 117 Rs (easily the tops in the NL), whereas in 2013, miggy only had 103 Rs.

msstate7
09-28-2015, 04:58 PM
Seems like someone would keep up with LOB. Seems that would help when comparing rbi totals

msstate7
09-28-2015, 05:00 PM
harper has 123 BBs in 2015, and in 2013, miggy had 90 BBs, so you could make the same argument that if harper wasn't as patient of a hitter, he might have more RBIs too.
Harper's patience was unreal this year, but it may have been too good. I'd rather have Harper swing at a borderline pitch that the guy behind him get a good pitch IMO

dawgs
09-28-2015, 05:28 PM
Seems like someone would keep up with LOB. Seems that would help when comparing rbi totals

https://www.teamrankings.com/mlb/player-stat/left-on-base?season_id=633

miggy left 234 guys on base in 2013.

https://www.teamrankings.com/mlb/player-stat/left-on-base?season_id=635

harper has left 190 guys on base this year.

as mentioned before, miggy played in 144 games in 2013 and harper has played in 144 thus far in 2015.

given miggy had 25 more PAs with runners on base and left 44 more guys on base than harper, yet still had 137 RBIs to harper's 96 RBIs, i'd say miggy had a lot more opportunities to drive in runs. also worth nothing that batting 3rd or 4th in the NL, the pitchers will have an affect on the number of RBI chances too since 2-3 times a game the pitcher will be batting in an plate setter role for the middle of the order.

can also see by clicking on "Runners Left in Scoring Position" that harper has only left 32 guys in scoring position this year, whereas miggy left 41 in 2013.

adding everything up, that's 371 guys on base for miggy to drive in in 2013, and 286 for harper in 2015. that's a huge difference. obviously doesn't account for driving themselves in (which both HR totals will be comparable), and also, i'm assuming roping a single to right to move a guy from 1B to 3B counts as a LOB even though it was a good productive AB, so it doesn't tell the entire story, but it gets the point across.

DancingRabbit
09-28-2015, 05:59 PM
No one has addressed the double standard between the outrage over Harper jogging out a pop up and literally every other player in baseball jogging out pop ups, ranging in relevance from Clint Robinson to HoFers like papi, miggy, and pujols.

Be objective people, apply your standards fairly and uniformly across the board.

I think it's very likely that Paps was 17ing with him. He deserved to be 17ed with for running his mouth to the press. Don't say let's go unless you are ready to go.

CadaverDawg
09-28-2015, 06:10 PM
What is the messageboard version of beaning someone? Cause there's a person or two in this thread needing ear holed. **

Dawg61
09-28-2015, 06:24 PM
What is the messageboard version of beaning someone? Cause there's a person or two in this thread needing ear holed. **

Lol Harper will get beaned then though

:-)
09-28-2015, 06:27 PM
Would any of us want Devon Bell telling Dak to do anything?

msstate7
09-28-2015, 06:35 PM

Dak is a class act. Harper is not. Bad analogy

dawgs
09-28-2015, 06:49 PM

:: patiently awaits stories of Harper being anything less than a good teammate to anyone but paps ::

Bubb Rubb
09-28-2015, 06:49 PM
There is nothing manly about what paps did hitting machado. It's a dumbass bullshit baseball machismo thing that meatheads like paps thinks he should do because machado watched a ball a split second too long in his opinion. There was no clubhouse uproar over Harper's comment at all. Paps can go up there throwing at guys, but the reality is his ass doesn't have to get up there and face live pitching and get the repercussions (yes national league, but he's a closer so the odds he hits are incredibly low). Why not reach back and throw 3 strikes past machado instead of being a "man" and beaning him. The unwritten rules of baseball are such stupid bullshit. Worst part of the game by far.

Maybe you should listen to the opinions of people who have actually played the game. http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/just-a-bit-outside/story/jonathan-papelbon-bryce-harper-fight-current-ex-players-support-pitcher-long-time-coming-092715

dawgs
09-28-2015, 06:55 PM
Maybe you should listen to the opinions of people who have actually played the game. http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/just-a-bit-outside/story/jonathan-papelbon-bryce-harper-fight-current-ex-players-support-pitcher-long-time-coming-092715

Newsflash, a lot of athletes are dumb meatheads that think they need to do things like purposefully bean guys to show how big their dicks are. I have always hated the bullshit unwritten rules of baseball. Other than that article, I haven't seen a single article placing a majority of the blame on Harper and pretty much all of them think paps was completely out of line. So Harper doesn't measure dick sizes by the ability or willingness to bean a guy that hit a go ahead bomb, I find that to be a refreshing opinion by a big leaguer. Paps doesn't even bat, so he know he won't go through any direct retaliation eitherz. Dude was a douchebag when we were both at state and he's a douchebag now.

Dawg61
09-28-2015, 07:03 PM
"This column isn’t about debating that night. What’s done is done and Papelbon thought he endeared himself to his teammates by doing what he thought was right. But he didn’t, at least not to one teammate in particular.

Harper seemed to take exception to Papelbon’s actions.

"I mean, Manny freaking hit a homer,” Harper told the media after that game Wednesday night. “Walked it off, and somebody drilled him. I mean, it's pretty tired. It's one of those situations where it happens, and, I don't know, I'll probably get drilled tomorrow."

That somebody was Papelbon. Harper didn’t call him out by name but we obviously know he was referring to his closer teammate of about two months."

dawgs
09-28-2015, 07:20 PM
● As much as I hate to say it, Albert, Papi and Miggy have earned the right not to run out every ball. Partly age, respect and risk of injury. Harper is 22, he hasn’t earned it.

What garbage. Where is image arbitrary point in a career one can jog it out? What happened to leading by example? How much faster should Harper have run? He was basically standing on 1B when it was caught and it was just behind 2B so even if the ball was dropped the 0.000001% a MLB player drops that, he would have never made it to 2B anyway. I honestly just don't know know what Harper did on the play that is any different from what I've seen thousands of other times on similar plays.

Political Hack
09-28-2015, 07:23 PM

How to hold the ball. Laces out!!!

Political Hack
09-28-2015, 07:28 PM
"Had"? "Would've"? He's 22 years old about about to be a first time mvp. It's baseball though, he can only do so much. He can rake like Ruth, but if the other 8 guys don't hit and the pitchers don't pitch well and the ball isn't hit to him, he literally can't do anything about any of that.

What an asinine statement. People called Harper a douchebag for going all out all the time and criticized him when it let to injuries each of the last 2 years that delayed his breakout season this year. You don't put up the best offensive season since roid era bonds without having drive and tenacity.

"By the time he hangs it up." It's not a past tense statement. No hable englais?

And I can guarantee you he doesn't have the will and want of the other guys in the club house. That's why they don't like him. Hitting may come easy to him but that doesn't mean he's working hard to win. He's not a leader. He's a punk. Tenacity is about much more than swinging a bat. It pushing your team to win. MJ made his team better. Jeter did too. Pete Rose did too. Harper hasn't done shit so far and without a major attitude adjustment will never know what's it like to win in November.

dawgs
09-28-2015, 07:33 PM
"By the time he hangs it up." It's not a past tense statement. No hable englais?

And I can guarantee you he doesn't have the will and want of the other guys in the club house. That's why they don't like him. Hitting may come easy to him but that doesn't mean he's working hard to win. He's not a leader. He's a punk. Tenacity is about much more than swinging a bat. It pushing your team to win. MJ made his team better. Jeter did too. Pete Rose did too. Harper hasn't done shit so far and without a major attitude adjustment will never know what's it like to win in November.

There's been literally no stories about anyone in the clubhouse having a problem with Harper. However the Internet is littered with stories of paps having clubhouse issues at every stop.

Dawg61
09-28-2015, 07:37 PM
Watch the video of Harper calling Paps "tired" for hitting Machado. That's where this all started. The two guys just hate each other's guts. Papelbon is going to earhole Harper next year first at bat after Paps gets traded away. Hope the Mets get Papelbon now.

msstate7
09-28-2015, 08:09 PM
Watch the video of Harper calling Paps "tired" for hitting Machado. That's where this all started. The two guys just hate each other's guts. Papelbon is going to earhole Harper next year first at bat after Paps gets TRADED away. Hope the Mets get Papelbon now.

Not sure the nats work out a trade. Everyone knows the nats have to get rid of him now, so trading paps will be hard. Probably gonna have to just cut him and pay his salary. If they do trade, nats will have to package with a good prospect or eat all of paps salary

dawgs
09-28-2015, 08:12 PM
Not sure the nats work out a trade. Everyone knows the nats have to get rid of him now, so trading paps will be hard. Probably gonna have to just cut him and pay his salary. If they do trade, nats will have to package with a good prospect or eat all of paps salary

And they ruined storen's confidence unnecessarily trading for paps too. Great move rizzo. Couldn't have seen that coming.

msstate7
09-28-2015, 08:15 PM
Maybe the braves will get paps at a huge discount price. Seeing paps face Harper would be worth getting him alone.

msstate7
09-28-2015, 08:16 PM
And they ruined storen's confidence unnecessarily trading for paps too. Great move rizzo. Couldn't have seen that coming.

We both agreed it was a bad move when it happened and we rarely agree haha

dawgs
09-28-2015, 08:24 PM
Maybe the braves will get paps at a huge discount price. Seeing paps face Harper would be worth getting him alone.

He'd fit in with former braves turds that upheld the "unwritten rules of baseball" like chipper and mccann.

msstate7
09-28-2015, 08:25 PM
He'd fit in with former braves turds that upheld the "unwritten rules of baseball" like chipper and mccann.

Watch it

CadaverDawg
09-28-2015, 09:00 PM

How do you like MLB yet hate the "unwritten rules"? Hell the unwritten rules is the only thing appealing about MLB to me.

Seems like sports were so much better when you could sack the QB without the world crying....bean a showboater without grown men crying....tackle somebody hard after they catch the ball without kicking the guy out of the game....etc....and doing it with a chew in one cheek and a clinched fist, to throw if anybody had a problem with it. This country has gone pure sissy. Nobody wants to tackle anymore, and when they do, the man getting tackled cries...men want to cut their junk off and become women....the testosterone has just been totally sucked out of this country and it's sports.

That wasn't all directed at you, just the beginning. I got on a rant.

TUSK
09-28-2015, 09:06 PM
How do you like MLB yet hate the "unwritten rules"? Hell the unwritten rules is the only thing appealing about MLB to me.

Seems like sports were so much better when you could sack the QB without the world crying....bean a showboater without grown men crying....tackle somebody hard after they catch the ball without kicking the guy out of the game....etc....and doing it with a chew in one cheek and a clinched fist, to throw if anybody had a problem with it. This country has gone pure sissy. Nobody wants to tackle anymore, and when they do, the man getting tackled cries...men want to cut their junk off and become women....the testosterone has just been totally sucked out of this country and it's sports.

Oh, snap...

#triggered

dawgs
09-28-2015, 09:16 PM

I played baseball to win games, not throw pitches at hitters. But I guess it's a matter of what makes you feel more manly, beaning a guy or striking him out. I think striking him out not only shows off how big your dick is, but actually helps you win the game, whereas beaning him to be petty shows that you are trying to fake having a big dick and essentially is just handing the opposition a free base runner in a close game which is the opposite of helping your team win.

DudyDawg
09-28-2015, 09:21 PM

Lol

HereComesTheSpiral
09-28-2015, 09:24 PM
I wish this would have happened in our dugout last year while we were getting our asses handed to us every weekend and the team was behaving like damn clowns.

I seen it dawg
09-28-2015, 09:34 PM
I played baseball to win games, not throw pitches at hitters. But I guess it's a matter of what makes you feel more manly, beaning a guy or striking him out. I think striking him out not only shows off how big your dick is, but actually helps you win the game, whereas beaning him to be petty shows that you are trying to fake having a big dick and essentially is just handing the opposition a free base runner in a close game which is the opposite of helping your team win.

You certainly seem to like dick the way you talk about it so much. Sit down snapperhead with your tired bullshit.

CadaverDawg
09-28-2015, 09:40 PM
You certainly seem to like dick the way you talk about it so much. Sit down snapperhead with your tired bullshit.

Haha +1

CadaverDawg
09-28-2015, 09:41 PM

I'd rather bean you, and then strike out the side while you're stranded on first. And then give you the Kenny Powers skeet shot on my way to the dugout.*

Treemydawg
09-28-2015, 09:47 PM
I wish this would have happened in our dugout last year while we were getting our asses handed to us every weekend and the team was behaving like damn clowns.

^^^^ this and imagine if it had been Rea that went off. As big as he is vs the rest of our team it would have been like big show taking on the midget tag team.

Dawg61
09-28-2015, 09:56 PM
^^^^ this and imagine if it had been Rea that went off. As big as he is vs the rest of our team it would have been like big show taking on the midget tag team.

Except Rea was the biggest ***** on the team besides Ross.

dawgs
09-28-2015, 10:06 PM

Oh burn. You must be 12 years old to come up with such a witty reply.

Treemydawg
09-28-2015, 10:07 PM
Except Rea was the biggest ***** on the team besides Ross.

I agree. I just got a mental picture of Rea slining little people out of both ends of the dugout like rag dolls after reading his post and got tickled.

Dawg61
09-28-2015, 10:44 PM
I agree. I just got a mental picture of Rea slining little people out of both ends of the dugout like rag dolls after reading his post and got tickled.

Lol Rea does have a future in WWE if he wants it

dawgs
09-29-2015, 03:17 AM

http://deadspin.com/nation-demands-pro-jonathan-papelbon-takes-fox-sports-1733365040

Lulz

Bubb Rubb
09-29-2015, 08:55 AM
http://deadspin.com/nation-demands-pro-jonathan-papelbon-takes-fox-sports-1733365040

Lulz

What exactly is your point here?

You are on the wrong side of this debate.

dawgs
09-29-2015, 04:23 PM
What exactly is your point here?

You are on the wrong side of this debate.

the point is they rip apart that "anonymous" former players article from fox sports over the issue that was posted in here earlier.

and no, i'm not. paps is a turd, harper jogged out a pop up in a completely 10000% acceptable fashion and was basically standing on 1B when the 2B caught the ball, so if it had been dropped he'd still be on base and not thrown out, and under no circumstances would he have ever made it to 2B even if it was dropped given where the ball was hit. yall are letting maroon colored glasses (and in some cases your tomahawks) affect any objective take on this issue.

http://deadspin.com/this-is-the-worst-of-the-bad-opinions-on-bryce-harper-1733594897

Dawg61
09-29-2015, 05:13 PM
the point is they rip apart that "anonymous" former players article from fox sports over the issue that was posted in here earlier.

and no, i'm not. paps is a turd, harper jogged out a pop up in a completely 10000% acceptable fashion and was basically standing on 1B when the 2B caught the ball, so if it had been dropped he'd still be on base and not thrown out, and under no circumstances would he have ever made it to 2B even if it was dropped given where the ball was hit. yall are letting maroon colored glasses (and in some cases your tomahawks) affect any objective take on this issue.

http://deadspin.com/this-is-the-worst-of-the-bad-opinions-on-bryce-harper-1733594897

Harper dragging ass out the box isn't the issue. It's him calling Papelbon "tired" in front of the camera after beaning Machado and then screaming "you wanna ****ing go right now" to a 34 year old and 11 year MLB veteran in the dugout for all to hear. That's always going to have repercussions.

dawgs
09-30-2015, 02:06 AM
Harper dragging ass out the box isn't the issue. It's him calling Papelbon "tired" in front of the camera after beaning Machado and then screaming "you wanna ****ing go right now" to a 34 year old and 11 year MLB veteran in the dugout for all to hear. That's always going to have repercussions.

Then paps should have led by example and showed Harper how to maturely handle a problem behind closed doors and talk it out instead of trying to choke hold someone. But instead he's the guy that grabbed his dick to the crowd after he blew a lead, so probably can't expect him to be a leader. And yes, if my teammate is writing checks that I'd be cashing (and that's exactly what paps is doing since he never hits, even in the NL), then maybe he needs to be called out. And you have no idea what pap said to Harper to bring out he "you wanna ****ing go right now" line. I don't think paps was standing there trying to diffuse the situation, that much is certain. And a guy shouldn't get respect just because he's older than you, he should get respect because he deserves it through his actions and leadership, neither of which paps has been great at through the years. He's been a great closer, no doubt, just not a leader whose actions you want your players to follow.

JohnnyQuid
09-30-2015, 02:39 AM

This x1000. I kinda like the fire in paps, and he's one of ours. honestly wrong or right in this situation I'm with him (I don't like throwing at guys heads - I don't mind him getting all up in harpers shit at all tho, someone needed to long time ago)
etA: last time I cared about MLB schilling pitched for the sox. I catch the highlights - too many games

Dawg61
09-30-2015, 02:51 AM
Then paps should have led by example and showed Harper how to maturely handle a problem behind closed doors and talk it out instead of trying to choke hold someone. But instead he's the guy that grabbed his dick to the crowd after he blew a lead, so probably can't expect him to be a leader. And yes, if my teammate is writing checks that I'd be cashing (and that's exactly what paps is doing since he never hits, even in the NL), then maybe he needs to be called out. And you have no idea what pap said to Harper to bring out he "you wanna ****ing go right now" line. I don't think paps was standing there trying to diffuse the situation, that much is certain. And a guy shouldn't get respect just because he's older than you, he should get respect because he deserves it through his actions and leadership, neither of which paps has been great at through the years. He's been a great closer, no doubt, just not a leader whose actions you want your players to follow.

Harper acts like a spoiled brat in that dugout in front of a bunch of grown ass men ever since he showed up. His act is tired not Papelbon's. Sooner or later someone was always going to put him back in line. That's what happens when you bring attention to yourself by throwing temper tantrums all the time. Paps is just the first player in that dugout that doesn't give a **** and will finally stand up to Harper whose been asking for someone to do that for forever. Why do you think Paps is getting so many other players taking his side? Because the whole league wants to choke Harper and throw him against a wall. I'm surprised Harper didn't start crying. Instead he threw another tantrum and stormed into the clubhouse to be all alone. That should tell you something. Harper pouted in the lockerroom all by himself while Paps laughed on the top deck of the dugout and hung out with Scherzer and Werth.

I seen it dawg
09-30-2015, 05:46 AM
Oh burn. You must be 12 years old to come up with such a witty reply.

And you and Harper are probably the same age with the same entitled ***** ass approach to the game of baseball. You don't know shit about shit as far as how to play the game. Your act is as tired as the douche harpers above the neck grooming. Gay runway model.

dawgs
10-01-2015, 06:06 PM
And you and Harper are probably the same age with the same entitled ***** ass approach to the game of baseball. You don't know shit about shit as far as how to play the game. Your act is as tired as the douche harpers above the neck grooming. Gay runway model.

i'm glad the yall are making the attacks personal now. so i'm an entitled millennial (though my age says differently) because i don't think throwing at guys is a mature way to handle things in baseball and the "unwritten" rules and ambiguous double standards are the worst part of the game?

dawgs
10-01-2015, 06:08 PM
Harper acts like a spoiled brat in that dugout in front of a bunch of grown ass men ever since he showed up. His act is tired not Papelbon's. Sooner or later someone was always going to put him back in line. That's what happens when you bring attention to yourself by throwing temper tantrums all the time. Paps is just the first player in that dugout that doesn't give a **** and will finally stand up to Harper whose been asking for someone to do that for forever. Why do you think Paps is getting so many other players taking his side? Because the whole league wants to choke Harper and throw him against a wall. I'm surprised Harper didn't start crying. Instead he threw another tantrum and stormed into the clubhouse to be all alone. That should tell you something. Harper pouted in the lockerroom all by himself while Paps laughed on the top deck of the dugout and hung out with Scherzer and Werth.

examples of temper tantrums and dogging it outside the norm of major league baseball players. oh wait, there aren't really any because it's been said so many times on the internet that it's accepted as truth among people who have already made up their mind that they are going to hate harper and they keep repeating it like it's the gospel. in reality, there is no evidence of anything you are saying. way to be informed and objective though!