PDA

View Full Version : Regarding yall's new fangled "Air Raid" offense...

TUSK
09-27-2015, 02:25 PM
I won't speak for you cats or the rest of the conference, but as a Bammer, this "new" offense concerns me more than the "old" offense...

Good win on the Plains... those effers will quit until the IB...

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2015, 02:59 PM
Well, we don't love it, but at least we have an NFL QB running it that can read defenses and seemingly know exactly where to go with the ball.

Unless you get a good pass rush, there's a good chance we score some points, due to Dak being able to pick teams apart.

Leroy Jenkins
09-27-2015, 03:01 PM
The problem is we cant salt away a win by running clock in the 4 min drill. May cost us in a close game, or vs a team that can score quickly.

War Machine Dawg
09-27-2015, 03:29 PM
The problem is we cant salt away a win by running clock in the 4 min drill. May cost us in a close game, or vs a team that can score quickly.

I'm way more concerned with how many minutes the D is logging. They've been on the field 35+ minutes in 3 of our 4 games so far and 33+ minutes in the other game. That trend can't continue all season without repercussions. We have got to find a way to run the ball.

sleepy dawg
09-27-2015, 04:28 PM
Well, we don't love it, but at least we have an NFL QB running it that can read defenses and seemingly know exactly where to go with the ball.

Unless you get a good pass rush, there's a good chance we score some points, due to Dak being able to pick teams apart.

And by "we", he means the vocal minority that dominate this board because we don't run the exact offense they drew up before the game. Most people want to win, and enjoy hearing other teams don't like it.

gravedigger
09-27-2015, 07:14 PM
And by "we", he means the vocal minority that dominate this board because we don't run the exact offense they drew up before the game. Most people want to win, and enjoy hearing other teams don't like it.

EXACTAMUNDO

Brando
09-27-2015, 07:22 PM
Only thing that concerns me more than the D being on the field so much is the way Mullen takes his foot off the gas. No way we shouldnt have put them away yesterday earlier.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-27-2015, 07:24 PM
Only thing that concerns me more than the D being on the field so much is the way Mullen takes his foot off the gas. No way we shouldnt have put them away yesterday earlier.

We were headed towards doing that until Gus fumbled. That gave them a bit of juice they were looking for.

CadaverDawg
09-27-2015, 07:31 PM

Just Bc it worked against Auburn, doesn't mean it's the best offense. It's led us to two 20 and under offensive performances in SEC play. I hope we have success with it, but it's hard to win without a ground game in this league. Just Bc Tusk says it looks tough to defend, doesn't mean anything. Our opponents also said Croom would be a winner, and they all thought he was a good coach. Wonder why?

TUSK
09-27-2015, 07:38 PM
Just Bc it worked against Auburn, doesn't mean it's the best offense. It's led us to two 20 and under offensive performances in SEC play. I hope we have success with it, but it's hard to win without a ground game in this league. Just Bc Tusk says it looks tough to defend, doesn't mean anything. Our opponents also said Croom would be a winner, and they all thought he was a good coach. Wonder why?

I meant strictly for Bammer... My point being, I don't believe anyone is going to beat Bammer with the run... They gonna need to take advantage of big plays (mostly in the form of a pass or turnover)...

obviously, more balance will help vs most opponents...

CadaverDawg
09-27-2015, 07:47 PM
I meant strictly for Bammer... My point being, I don't believe anyone is going to beat Bammer with the run... They gonna need to take advantage of big plays (mostly in the form of a pass or turnover)...

obviously, more balance will help vs most opponents...

Oh I agree, and that wasn't meant as a dig at you....just that beating a bad Auburn team with it, and having an opponent fan saying it looked more dangerous, is no way to say this offense is a good one or our best one.

Brando
09-27-2015, 07:48 PM
We were headed towards doing that until Gus fumbled. That gave them a bit of juice they were looking for.
I agree totally... After that, it did look like they got a little more juiced up and some air left our sails.

sleepy dawg
09-27-2015, 08:09 PM
Oh I agree, and that wasn't meant as a dig at you....just that beating a bad Auburn team with it, and having an opponent fan saying it looked more dangerous, is no way to say this offense is a good one or our best one.

Perhaps I made my point poorly, as I agree with you. My intended point was, it doesn't matter if we love it or not. I think most people just want us to win, no matter how we do it... Then to say even though it seems like some people here are pissed off, still most are happy.

CadaverDawg
09-27-2015, 08:11 PM
Perhaps I made my point poorly, as I agree with you. My intended point was, it doesn't matter if we love it or not. I think most people just want us to win, no matter how we do it... Then to say even though it seems like some people here are pissed off, still most are happy.

I agree.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-27-2015, 08:29 PM
Tusk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRJnEbt89w8

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-27-2015, 08:32 PM

I hate to bring it up, but it looked like he almost fumbled a second time and was bailed out by the sideline. Two defenders tackled him and looked like he was stripped on the way out. I can't remember exactly when it happened, but I know it was after the first one.

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2015, 08:33 PM

I agree that I want to win not matter what, & actually agree with Mullen designing the offense around the strengths of our offense rather than making us be a running team. However, that doesn't mean that I believe this offense will be great against top level competition.

TUSK
09-27-2015, 08:51 PM
Tusk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRJnEbt89w8

LOL.... that's funny!

for some reason, I'm reminded of what Larry Johnson said to Nolan Richardson during the Arkansas/UNLV game in '91...

Intramural All-American
09-27-2015, 09:04 PM

We've done it for a game and a half. We tried the running offense in the first half of LSU and were anemic. We came back against LSU because of the spread passing attack. We moved the ball at will for the first three quarters against Auburn, and then killed the clock in the 4th. Blame Mullen for clock management, not his offensive plan. You are just making yourself look dumb. Our best chance to win is to allow Dak to make plays to our receivers. It's amazing that people are still begging for us to try a more balanced attack, when we have shown that our running game is subpar.

whosyourdawgy
09-27-2015, 09:15 PM
I hate to bring it up, but it looked like he almost fumbled a second time and was bailed out by the sideline. Two defenders tackled him and looked like he was stripped on the way out. I can't remember exactly when it happened, but I know it was after the first one.

He definitely fumbled again. I hope that isn't a trend he continues.

War Machine Dawg
09-27-2015, 09:35 PM

Bingo. It's not my preference, but it's working. And we're still in position to do everything we wanted this season. I'll probably lose my mind watching us throw it 40 times a week all season, but so long as we win, I'll be happy. aTm: You're next!

SDDawg
09-27-2015, 09:35 PM
I think most people love seeing us win and also like seeing us run the ball better, which will give us more chances to win in the future.

I like the pace and tempo we see with this offense, would be great to get the zone read going again though.