PDA

View Full Version : we do not have an air raid.

Coach007
09-27-2015, 10:52 AM
First let's just set the record straight by using the records.

1- our offense is ranked 74th with the chump stats be a FCS team. Remove those 700 yards and loom at where we are ranked.

2- our "air raid" is roughly 175 yards per game under the Baylor type teams that are air raiders.

The simple fact is this:

1- we are next to last in rushi g attempts, and have moved Those attempts to passing with no better results than last year.

2- we averaged 513 yards per game last year, 231 was in rushing yards. 282 in passing. Right now, if you remove the chump game where we had 700 yards on a FCS team.... You will find that our current 382 yards you will find that we are averaging less that what we did last year with more attempts..

3- in fact, we are with the chump game added back in... We are averaging 1 yard less than last season!

We have no air raid people. We have a one dimensional team and its in part due to the play calling... In part due to abandoning it.

Coach007
09-27-2015, 11:00 AM
Let me add another fact.... With in the top 10, 6 teams have a rb averaging more than 150 yards. That A back. Not rushing yards as a whole... A back.

basedog
09-27-2015, 11:13 AM
First let's just set the record straight by using the records.

1- our offense is ranked 74th with the chump stats be a FCS team. Remove those 700 yards and loom at where we are ranked.

2- our "air raid" is roughly 175 yards per game under the Baylor type teams that are air raiders.

The simple fact is this:

1- we are next to last in rushi g attempts, and have moved Those attempts to passing with no better results than last year.

2- we averaged 513 yards per game last year, 231 was in rushing yards. 282 in passing. Right now, if you remove the chump game where we had 700 yards on a FCS team.... You will find that our current 382 yards you will find that we are averaging less that what we did last year with more attempts..

3- in fact, we are with the chump game added back in... We are averaging 1 yard less than last season!

We have no air raid people. We have a one dimensional team and its in part due to the play calling... In part due to abandoning it.

You can't remove the stats on Northwestern.

Your biggest point should be 3-1.

You never talk about defense, can you say 5 TD's?

Did you see Dan's post game talk? He clued folks like you and why!

Quit bitching about winning, things will get better.

Lastly, we are not and I repeat NOT a physical team, we are a pass first, Dak is getting better. He also according to rumors has an injury, you can tell unless you are Ray Charles he doesn't have the burst of speed he had last year.

Relax and quit being like Tammie.

TopDog58
09-27-2015, 11:19 AM
Damn some people are spoiled. We won. We are seeing unprecedented offense at MSU at the complaints keep rolling. Back in the 80s and some parts of the 90s we couldnt MOVE THE BALL against the upper tier teams much less have a chance to win. Enjoy the success. Damn

thedawg
09-27-2015, 11:25 AM
We won at auburn.. Holy shit shut up

Coach007
09-27-2015, 11:40 AM
I don't think I will.

Stop hyping up the air raid offense that we don't have.

What I will do is listen to CDM on why we are not running it.

Next if dak is injured... stop playing him and let him heal.

Coach34
09-27-2015, 11:41 AM
I used the term Air Raid as a joke. Mullen is trying to morph his offense right now. Even he doesn't know exactly what he has yet

Coach007
09-27-2015, 11:55 AM
C34, I didn't know you did... I saw another post with it.

I'm not sure why the change in play calling. But what ever the issue is, we are averaging 1 yard less per game in passing than last year. We are also, over all, averaging about 175 yards less per game. Obviously, vs the sec we are not breaking 20 points. That's an issue. A huge issue and it is the missing rushing game that's causing it.

We dont play another sec team as bad as auburn and auburn was in the red zone alot.

We have to open the play book and go all out and find who can run the ball.

basedog
09-27-2015, 11:57 AM
Have at it.

Passing is what we do best.

Yes.

It want get well this season.

Our specials team played a big role last night.

Can you say defense? 14.5 points per game.

Tbonewannabe
09-27-2015, 12:06 PM
I used the term Air Raid as a joke. Mullen is trying to morph his offense right now. Even he doesn't know exactly what he has yet

I would say we have the 2012 offense with better WRs and QBs.

Coach007
09-27-2015, 12:12 PM
Lol.. man, I loved the win last night more than anybody. That does not mean I have to stop thinking or being realistic.

Right now, I want a sec championship. Beating a few teams on the road isn't what I live for. The fact is we have the talent. The fact is we need solid improvements from week to week because of the youth and experience levels. But if we don't attempt to fix the run game and place the fix in action and allow them time to adjust, we will not win the sec. We will not make the play offs.