PDA

View Full Version : Coaches and arm chair QB's ???

Treemydawg
09-27-2015, 10:34 AM
What do you guys think would be the best approach for us to find a running game this year? I have always been a Shumpert fan but he is not what I thought he was. Would we be better off using him in the I formation with a Patrick Hanrahan(sp?) role, or would we be better off going with a split back set with some combination of Lee, Dear, Williams , Myles, Holloway, getting the touches, or is there something else you guys think could work better for us? I'm not complaining about our gameplan last night, love that we came out of JH with the W just wondering what some of the football gurus of the board think would be our best option for finding a run game.

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2015, 10:52 AM
The key is for our offensive line to continue to gel & for one of the young running backs to become a good pass blocker.

Also, at some point, teams will have to start backing out of the zone & giving us better running fronts.

I have a sneaky suspicion that we'll be a good running team by the time Alabama & Ole Miss come to town.

No doubt Mullen is trying to figure it out as we speak

HoopsDawg
09-27-2015, 10:53 AM
Shump is the perfect H-Back. Problem is Mullen doesn't use an H-back anymore. Probably can't do anything before A&M, but if Mullen could incorporate some 2009 offense with our current passing attack, we would be really multiple and tough to stop. That would also give us a go-to strategy when we get a lead.

I think Dear and Holloway need to be the 2 RB's. They are the most explosive guys that can cut and make people miss. We are fine at slot with Ross and Myles.

I seen it dawg
09-27-2015, 10:54 AM
Shumpert has an important role in the offense. He is outstanding in pass pro and catching the ball. 2nd and long and third down is his spot and it's very valuable. Him running wide isn't it and I bet we start seeing less and less of it.

Political Hack
09-27-2015, 10:54 AM
If he can't beat someone one-on-one in the flats with the ball in his hands, you have to try someone else. I wouldn't be opposed to giving Myles some hand offs back there is CDM doesn't trust Williams or Lee yet.