PDA

View Full Version : Do we assume all the Bears are now on Big Softie watch?

starkvegasdawg
09-27-2015, 09:30 AM
He's now sat out 4 games which was the latest time frame from their talking points. First he'd never miss a play. Then it was two games. After that came and went it was four games. So by Wednesday will the latest talking point be at 6 games?

Behrdawg
09-27-2015, 09:35 AM
I think his North MS career is over

BrunswickDawg
09-27-2015, 09:35 AM
I don't think we see Softie in an OM uniform again.

I seen it dawg
09-27-2015, 10:02 AM
They don't need him to win al their games

SDDawg
09-27-2015, 10:02 AM
I agree with those saying he's done. Which is what this board has been saying all along. Even before the stepdad incident, I saw no evidence that he wanted to return to OM and play again, he has never cared about OM. It's just a "farm team" that he's passing through on his way to the bigs...

MannyDiazzzzNuts
09-27-2015, 04:40 PM
It's definitely getting interesting. I was in the 4 games camp but you would think there would've been some official announcement before the 4th game. Do we think that he may have been cleared and he's just choosing not to play? And nothing has come out about it because it would reflect poorly on both OM and Tunsil?

Wasn't there a thread on here when the "fight" went down that suggested it was all possibly blown out of proportion intentionally from the Tunsil camp as a sort of way to keep him from playing and getting injured this year? Not a terrible idea if true.

Saltydog
09-27-2015, 04:44 PM
stretch. Remember who we're dealing with folks. These slippery SOB'S will find a way to get off with minimal damage. That I'm convinced of.

ScottH
09-27-2015, 04:45 PM
At his draft position, nothing but a downside by playing.

Really same thing for Nakamichi and Treadwell once he proves he is healed and speed is back.

Todd4State
09-27-2015, 05:01 PM
stretch. Remember who we're dealing with folks. These slippery SOB'S will find a way to get off with minimal damage. That I'm convinced of.

If that was true, why not play him to start with? Who are they trying to appease and why?

Tbonewannabe
09-27-2015, 05:22 PM
He is just holding out for a raise. The step dad will get an extra bump after dropping charges and shutting up. Now they will have to give extra for insurance from injury.

BeardoMSU
09-27-2015, 05:31 PM

I think you're right, which I'm very surprised at, honestly. Not saying they will, but their offense has been just fine without him.

Maroonthirteen
09-27-2015, 05:32 PM
The big bear I know says, he is done. Big bear won't engage in conversation about the investigation in general.

They got problems in addition to big softie.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-27-2015, 05:53 PM
If Tunsil get less than 8 games they've done a great job.

Jack Lambert
09-27-2015, 05:57 PM

Florida's defense is gong to shut them down.

Pinto
09-27-2015, 06:07 PM
Tunsil's situation now has nothing to do with stepdad. That's a dead issue. The issue now is with a loaner car and a disgruntled employee. He's done for the year. On to NFL for him.

the59dawg
09-27-2015, 06:12 PM
If Tunsil get less than 8 games they've done a great job.

Bracky would have already offered 8-10 games

Ifyouonlyknew
09-27-2015, 06:40 PM
Bracky would have already offered 8-10 games

Maybe they should have.

Saltydog
09-27-2015, 06:54 PM
his amateur status and spit in the face of the NCAA they could get absolutely hammered. Just think USC and OSU but worse.

Coach34
09-27-2015, 06:58 PM
The stepdad is the one who turned them onto the loaner car and other things they are still investigating. That's why the NCAA has yet to make a ruling on him as of today

Pinto
09-27-2015, 07:02 PM
You're wrong on that Coach.

turkish
09-27-2015, 07:08 PM
How so?

Pinto
09-27-2015, 07:24 PM
Tunsil's dad isn't the one who brought up the loaner car to the ncaa.

sbcmortgageman
09-27-2015, 07:25 PM
I think he plays Saturday.

Coach34
09-27-2015, 07:38 PM

That's just the word I get. Tunsil wasnt going to sit out any this season until the Stepfather incident. So I tend to believe it.

Coach34
09-27-2015, 07:39 PM
I think he plays Saturday.

There is some background chatter on this

Sacrifice
09-27-2015, 07:48 PM
If he plays they'll only get 2 games out of him. Then he'll go down with a severe paper cut on his left middle finger, some sweat will drip in the wound and he will need immediate assistance. His season will be over at that point. #Creampuff

Ifyouonlyknew
09-27-2015, 07:52 PM
I'll be surprised if he plays this week.

dawgoneyall
09-27-2015, 08:23 PM
That's 18 not 8-10.

Dawgowar
09-27-2015, 09:26 PM
The stepdad is the one who turned them onto the loaner car and other things they are still investigating. That's why the NCAA has yet to make a ruling on him as of today

The latest party line they have on the whole investigation is that the SEC is actually "working with them" and assisting their defense. They have handed over all the documents to refute the vicious allegations. This is just a big waste of everyone's time.

Frankly, we all know they will skate, no poor mouth meant in that. They and Auburn are Teflon.

BossDawg
09-27-2015, 09:35 PM
The latest party line they have on the whole investigation is that the SEC is actually "working with them" and assisting their defense. .

I'm wondering if that's just a bunch of fabricated hooey to help calm the masses. I can see that bunch taking the "Look at us. We're so important the SEC is helping us" angle. Anyway, I'm with you, UMiss will yet again dodge a gigantic bullet. If they do then the gloves should come off in recruiting....that or either get some PIs on them. I'd love nothing more than for them to get a taste of their own medicine.

sbcmortgageman
09-28-2015, 04:54 AM
[QUOTE=Dawgowar;419778]The latest party line they have on the whole investigation is that the SEC is actually "working with them" and assisting their defense. They have handed over all the documents to refute the vicious allegations.

This is correct.

shannondawg
09-28-2015, 07:40 AM
I wonder in what capacity he is practicing with the team? Surely he's not getting first team reps.

PassInterference
09-28-2015, 08:52 AM
I wonder in what capacity he is practicing with the team? Surely he's not getting first team reps.

Tunsil is projected to be the 4th pick in the draft. He is talented enough that he probably doesn't need practice reps. He might only be at 80%. But 80% of Tunsil is better than 100% of just about anybody else.

Nothing good for Tunsil can come from him playing this season. Nothing. He's a certain top 5 pick that stands to risk millions by injuring himself this year. He should hire a top agent and train for the combine. Heck he might be good enough to skip the combine.

That said, the tone of Tunsil discussion has shifted from "will it be 4 games or all season" to arguing about why he's going to miss the whole season. Its been fun watching this thing evolve, along with the changing narrative from Rebels.

Those Rebels gonna run into something if they keep running backwards.

Political Hack
09-28-2015, 09:08 AM
Tunsil is projected to be the 4th pick in the draft. He is talented enough that he probably doesn't need practice reps. He might only be at 80%. But 80% of Tunsil is better than 100% of just about anybody else.

Nothing good for Tunsil can come from him playing this season. Nothing. He's a certain top 5 pick that stands to risk millions by injuring himself this year. He should hire a top agent and train for the combine. Heck he might be good enough to skip the combine.

That said, the tone of Tunsil discussion has shifted from "will it be 4 games or all season" to arguing about why he's going to miss the whole season. Its been fun watching this thing evolve, along with the changing narrative from Rebels.

Those Rebels gonna run into something if they keep running backwards.

Yep. They need to give back that house in Oxford and start thinking about his future. OM doesn't need him to win and he doesn't need them to make millions. No point in risking anything unnecessarily. Unless he is cleared 100% by the NCAA, he won't be back. And there's no way the NCAA clears him after holding him out. They didn't even hold Cam Newton out and they were elbow deep in that.

Bully13
09-28-2015, 10:21 AM
[QUOTE=Dawgowar;419778]The latest party line they have on the whole investigation is that the SEC is actually "working with them" and assisting their defense. They have handed over all the documents to refute the vicious allegations.

This is correct.

Buzz kill

PassInterference
09-28-2015, 10:24 AM
When was the last time the Ole Miss party line on Tunsil was correct? Might have to go back to about a week before signing day 2013.

Dawgowar
09-28-2015, 11:40 AM
Don't confuse restating party line with believing it please.

Coach34
09-28-2015, 11:42 AM
When was the last time the Ole Miss party line on Tunsil was correct? Might have to go back to about a week before signing day 2013.

Exactly- the party line has been incorrect at every turn on Tunsil

coastdoglover
09-28-2015, 02:57 PM
Exactly- the party line has been incorrect at every turn on Tunsil

The only folks who believe the loaner car BS is the sheep from Ole Miss and a few of our dumb ass fans. He had the vehicle from day one and I agree that I will be shocked if he takes another snap. The Bears and their high priced legal team is trying to spin this and keep all the other stuff with Treadway, the Kimdeechie brothers, Conner, and others out of the discussion. He may play again but I think the investigator has more than is being put out to the media, and don't forget that the Bears are masters in manipulating the media.