PDA

View Full Version : Did E. Jenkins win the LT spot last night?

Schultzy
09-27-2015, 09:12 AM
Dude looks like a legit SEC LT to me and this development could make a big difference for us this season.

I love it when these last second signees turn out to be really good and now we have a chance to make a run again.

msstate7
09-27-2015, 09:15 AM
It would be really good for our program if a legit LT takes over as a freshman.

MetEdDawg
09-27-2015, 09:27 AM
Every time I keyed on him, he stuffed his man and got the job done in pass protection. With Rufus noticeably limping last night and Myles Garrett the challenge for next week, I think Jenkins has to be the favorite to take the majority of the snaps at LT

Dawgfan77
09-27-2015, 10:17 AM
At worst he is just as good as warren. I would rather him play as a RS frosh than a 5 year sr.

MabenMaroon
09-27-2015, 12:24 PM
Yeah! He didn't look lost a single time last night ( he was definitely lost on several pass protection plays against NSU ). To me, it kind of looks like Hevesy has been spending extra time coaching up the pass protection aspects with the first year O-linemen making sure that they get that aspect down. Pass protection utilizes footwork,technique and leverage far much more than run blocking does. It is really nice to see that aspect of the o-line coming along especially with what we have in the wr and qb departments this year and for the foreseeable future.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-27-2015, 12:27 PM
He played really well only had 1 bad play. The hold on the long holloway run on the left sideline. He's just going to keep getting better & better.

Coach34
09-27-2015, 12:38 PM
Yep. We need to keep playing both and see if Jenkins just takes over.

Bothrops
09-27-2015, 12:55 PM
I thought the OL played their best game yet last night. I was impressed.