PDA

View Full Version : Chrs Jones

Bocephus
09-27-2015, 09:08 AM
He must want to come back for his SR year. I was expecting a dominant year from him, but e has been pretty silent an didn't notice him on the field too much last night.

Saltydog
09-27-2015, 09:12 AM
nt

BossDawg
09-27-2015, 09:35 AM
Freeze and his congregation are gonna get Kimdchingdong hurt trying to force him into winning the Heisman. Kimchongcheech at corner? Let's try it. Kimdeechee as a punt returner? Ok, sure. Punter? Why the hell not...

MetEdDawg
09-27-2015, 09:38 AM
I think we have misused potentially the most talented pass rusher we've had on campus. Why we turned him into a DT I don't know. I noticed we lined him up a DE a few times last night, but he needs to drop down to 280 and we need to let him do what AJ Jefferson does. His heart isn't in DT. But I will say in his defense that Auburn could have been called for a holding penalty on almost every play and there were a few times him and Nick James got held like crazy when they beat their man in the middle and got no call. I've noticed both of them look less energized after plays where they think they got held and don't get a call. That has to fixed and channeled into going even harder.

Coach34
09-27-2015, 09:48 AM
Jones has been playing well. He was a force vs LSU.

Drugdog
09-27-2015, 09:50 AM
Never heard his name vs AU. At this rate he will be back which I am fine with.

SDDawg
09-27-2015, 09:53 AM
Jones is playing his assignments and doing well, sometimes it won't show up on the stat sheet. He was pretty disruptive on a number of plays last night. I do think there's a higher chance that he could play 4 years though than I would have expected.

paco
09-27-2015, 09:56 AM
Good point, Randy. Against Auburn, I didn't notice Chris. In the other three games Chris Jones has been a force. I like the way he's playing. He is worthy of first round status.

mic
09-27-2015, 10:07 AM
Just because he doesn't rack up the stat sheet doesn't mean he isn't a huge factor in the game..
Only problem I have is that CJ may not play with enough fire play after play..

DownwardDawg
09-27-2015, 10:36 AM
Last night was the 1st game that I don't remember him being a total beast. He's played great this year.

Really Clark?
09-27-2015, 11:24 AM
I think we have misused potentially the most talented pass rusher we've had on campus. Why we turned him into a DT I don't know. I noticed we lined him up a DE a few times last night, but he needs to drop down to 280 and we need to let him do what AJ Jefferson does. His heart isn't in DT. But I will say in his defense that Auburn could have been called for a holding penalty on almost every play and there were a few times him and Nick James got held like crazy when they beat their man in the middle and got no call. I've noticed both of them look less energized after plays where they think they got held and don't get a call. That has to fixed and channeled into going even harder.

We did not turn him into a DT. He grew into that before he got to campus. Come on

BeardoMSU
09-27-2015, 11:29 AM
Just because Jones isn't catching passes and playing gimmicky RB roles doesn't mean he isn't playing well.

OurState
09-27-2015, 12:09 PM
He must want to come back for his SR year. I was expecting a dominant year from him, but e has been pretty silent an didn't notice him on the field too much last night.

If he is being tasked primarily with gap control then he can be dominant and it won't be that apparent.

MetEdDawg
09-27-2015, 12:31 PM
We did not turn him into a DT. He grew into that before he got to campus. Come on

So we can put 70 pounds on Fletcher Cox and turn him into a DT but we can't shed 20 pounds from Chris Jones and have him be a DE. Got it.

Really Clark?
09-27-2015, 12:37 PM
So we can put 70 pounds on Fletcher Cox and turn him into a DT but we can't shed 20 pounds from Chris Jones and have him be a DE. Got it.

Dude it has been hard as all get out to keep him at 300. His frame was just not going to allow him to be that type of player. He was over 300 as a freshman stepping onto campus. He got well over 300 last year. Playing at 270-280 was never going to happen. Now a 290-305 pound 3-4 type of DE? He could do that but he was never going to be the type of DE you are saying. He was like 270-275 on signing day and many people had already said he never stays at DE. Did not have a thing to do with us and adding weight is so much easier to a big frame than losing and keeping to off. Wasn't happening and the staff can't control that. Don't be obtuse

ETA. If you want him at 275 and keep it there, then it's not losing 20 pounds or so. He is probably in the 330 range in the offseason if I had to guess. Some others might know better though.

AlSwearengen
09-27-2015, 12:38 PM

Damn. When did we start engineering super humans in Starkville? I can't believe we are having this discussion again.

Bothrops
09-27-2015, 12:50 PM
Chris Jones wasn't gonna stay at 280. He is a gaint dude. He's played better this year.

DownwardDawg
09-27-2015, 12:54 PM
He was NEVER going to be a DE.