PDA

View Full Version : I personally welcome our new Air Raid overlords.

Rayburn8
09-27-2015, 12:43 AM
Listen, this is the best WR core MSU has ever had and the best QB we have ever had. We need to throw the football. Our Oline looked a lot sharper in pass protection tonight then run. It is not what we are used to, but it is for the better. Dak won't make many mistakes and he looks sharp throwing the ball. For those who say it won't work in the SEC. The SEC is not the same SEC it was five years ago. Plus a lot of teams have a lot better front seven than they do secondaries.

War Machine Dawg
09-27-2015, 12:54 AM
You make good points if we played in the East. Name the last West team to win it throwing it 40 times a game. I'll wait. I think all of us expected us to pass more this season. And by more, that meant 50-50 instead of the typical 60 run/40 pass we've been accustomed to. If we were 50/50, I don't think anyone would have a problem with what we're doing offensively. But we're basically trying to be aTm right now, and we've all seen how they fare with that style of play.

That said, a win is a win. And tonight was a must win. We got the job done. It's a great night to be a Bulldog!

Liverpooldawg
09-27-2015, 12:58 AM
I welcome what ever works for us. The first half against LSU didn't work. What we did tonight did, bottom line. What we did in the second half against LSU did. Just win.

ScoobaDawg
09-27-2015, 01:12 AM
You make good points if we played in the East. Name the last West team to win it throwing it 40 times a game. I'll wait. I think all of us expected us to pass more this season. And by more, that meant 50-50 instead of the typical 60 run/40 pass we've been accustomed to. If we were 50/50, I don't think anyone would have a problem with what we're doing offensively. But we're basically trying to be aTm right now, and we've all seen how they fare with that style of play.

That said, a win is a win. And tonight was a must win. We got the job done. It's a great night to be a Bulldog!

Trying to be Tx AM but with a defense....We will see how it works.
It worked tonight.

Todd4State
09-27-2015, 01:27 AM
Trying to be Tx AM but with a defense....We will see how it works.
It worked tonight.

Exactly. That said, I do hope that we get the freshmen RB's involved because if we do, we could finish really, REALLY strong.

Todd4State
09-27-2015, 01:28 AM
I welcome what ever works for us. The first half against LSU didn't work. What we did tonight did, bottom line. What we did in the second half against LSU did. Just win.

Like I said this morning- we ran the ball I think 9 out of the first 15 plays against LSU and didn't have very much success. It's not like Dan didn't try at all.

DownwardDawg
09-27-2015, 07:40 AM

Agree. We shit the bed in the 1st half against LSU. When we committed to the pass, we almost came back and won. Dak is on fire this season so far. He's so accurate, and our receivers are our strength. We need to get the run game going, but it's not like we haven't tried.

Jack Lambert
09-27-2015, 07:47 AM
Hell I don't care how we get the ball down the field. They could throw for 500 yards and have negative yards running. I don't care how they score.

Maroonthirteen
09-27-2015, 08:07 AM
I agree. Play to our strength and take what the defense gives you.

However what is going to happen after this weekend, teams are going to play the pass and dare us to run. I hope we can continue to throw it well and hopefully loosen up the run game.

Dan knows this. You got to think he is working on something in practice to get Dear on the field and Holloway more carries. We will adjust when we have to and Dan will have a game plan up his sleeve.

Coach007
09-27-2015, 09:46 AM
Like I said this morning- we ran the ball I think 9 out of the first 15 plays against LSU and didn't have very much success. It's not like Dan didn't try at all.

And like I told you... Those run plays were not run plays that work in this system. So yeah, Dan didn't try to open the play book.

Statefan
09-27-2015, 10:29 AM
For those people against the Air Raid and demanding we see more of a 50/50 split...

If you could go back in time against LSU and run this air raid in the first half instead of all those runs would you do it??

Coach007
09-27-2015, 10:34 AM
No.... I would have ran the plays we ran that works and worked last byear and call a better game plan.

Again... We don't have an air raid. Sorry....we just don't. And when we face teams like ole miss and bama, they will stop it because they can focus on it.

sleepy dawg
09-27-2015, 10:45 AM
No.... I would have ran the plays we ran that works and worked last byear and call a better game plan.

Again... We don't have an air raid. Sorry....we just don't. And when we face teams like ole miss and bama, they will stop it because they can focus on it.

Thanks Croom.

Statefan
09-27-2015, 10:50 AM

I hate to do this, but I kinda look at Ole Miss on this one. They have beaten Bama twice in a row with absolutely garbage OL and running game. They have good receivers and a QB that can get them the ball.

How about A&M with Manziel? They were a pass first offense and beat Bama

I'm just saying -- IT IS POSSIBLE -- but you have to have a really good QB and really good WRs which we have

GreenheadDawg
09-27-2015, 11:47 AM

Well when you're giving it to shumpert you might as well not try. It's a wasted down. I sure hope Williams or Lee starts showing Dan what they need to so they can get on the field. We HAVE to be able to run the ball. We can't be one dimensional and beat good teams. And with Dak not running for whatever reason we really need a back that's bigger than a 14 year old girl. Having said that, Holloway deserves his props for running hard and being tough

Coach007
09-27-2015, 12:04 PM
It's the plays called. We went into the lsu game with the mindset that we need to see what they are doing on defense before we really try. My opinion only.

Every time I see this type of thing I ask the same question.... have you looked at and written down the first 15 plays from last year vs this. Most dont because they really aren't that involved. That's ok with me, but at the same time... I like looking at games from a realistic point of view. I look at match ups and what's happening.

I pump what's good, and look at what's bad because it is what it is. You do t go into film study and say all is well. U go in a break down the issues. You try to fix those.

Anybody referring to our passing game as an air raid is putting on colored glasses. It's not. Again we are throwing it 15ish times more per game and averaging g 1 yard LESS than last year. That's not an air raid. We are not making up those rushing yards in the passing attack. We are now #6 in the nation with passing attempts and we are averaging g 1 less yards.

War Machine Dawg
09-27-2015, 12:12 PM
Well when you're giving it to shumpert you might as well not try. It's a wasted down. I sure hope Williams or Lee starts showing Dan what they need to so they can get on the field. We HAVE to be able to run the ball. We can't be one dimensional and beat good teams. And with Dak not running for whatever reason we really need a back that's bigger than a 14 year old girl. Having said that, Holloway deserves his props for running hard and being tough

Not to mention LSU might have the best DL we'll see this season. Certainly one of the top 3. But we're talking about last night against a team that entered the game giving up nearly 300 YPG on the ground. A team that got gashed unmercifully by Jax State on the zone read. We had 56 rushing yards. Fifty six. Fifty. Six. 5. 6. If people can't understand why that's a major concern, they can't be helped.