PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to go ahead and call it....

Behrdawg
09-26-2015, 11:38 PM
Florida will beat Ole Miss. Mark my word.

And this is bold of me- I never do this.

BossDawg
09-26-2015, 11:41 PM
They have the corners to shut down UMiss' big play ability but do they have the offense?

msstate7
09-26-2015, 11:44 PM
Did vh3 play after he hurt his back? Florida has to have him

Behrdawg
09-26-2015, 11:45 PM
Vandy has one of the worst offenses in college football. You saw what happened tonight at home. The swamp is craving for a huge win against a "really good team" at home- I just have a feeling they beat North Ms

Liverpooldawg
09-26-2015, 11:47 PM
They have the defense to do it. I'm not sure they have the offense.

Todd4State
09-26-2015, 11:49 PM
Vandy has one of the worst offenses in college football. You saw what happened tonight at home. The swamp is craving for a huge win against a "really good team" at home- I just have a feeling they beat North Ms

I'm sure they have them circled on the calendar.

SDDawg
09-27-2015, 12:00 AM
From your lips to McElwain's ears...

ScottH
09-27-2015, 12:45 AM
SEC East has a chance to make a statement next week.

BAMA@UGA and UMN @UF (a month ago I would have included UPIG/UT)

Vandy is improved. Just not enough. The box score of their games with UGA and UNM are similar.

BrunswickDawg
09-27-2015, 08:40 AM
I'm sure they have them circled on the calendar.
Revenge for The Tebow "We won't lose the rest of the season" game??? That would be sweet!

BeastMan
09-27-2015, 08:42 AM
Did vh3 play after he hurt his back? Florida has to have him

Ya he was fine.

Dawgfan77
09-27-2015, 08:49 AM
We have seen how pedestrian Bama is and how overrated OM is. Again those two fluke plays and Bama wins. Dick Cross said OM would name there score on vandy and only won by 11 at home. I to think bears go down next week at UF. Kelly and the OL proved a little pressure and he turns the ball over

BulldogBear
09-27-2015, 09:11 AM
We have seen how pedestrian Bama is and how overrated OM is. Again those two fluke plays and Bama wins. Dick Cross said OM would name there score on vandy and only won by 11 at home. I to think bears go down next week at UF. Kelly and the OL proved a little pressure and he turns the ball over

But, I head all this past week that NMU had "arrived"*****

BeastMan
09-27-2015, 10:31 AM
I've been on the Florida train since I saw the offensive improvement in the opener. I may be the only person I have seen in the blogosphere or "real media" pick them to win the last 2 weeks. You can see a night and day coaching difference. I don't think people realized how disfunctional they were under Muschamp.

The most impressive thing about the last 2 weeks has been HOW they won. At Kentucky they got a lead and went a little conservative on offense but clamped down on defense. This week they needed the offense to make some plays to win and they did. QB Will Grier was the definition of clutch going 5-5 on 4th down.

I'm not sure I'm prepared to call for the upset as I haven't dived in to the match-ups yet but I am comfortable saying this game will be a monster atmosphere in The Swamp and they are playing with a ton of confidence. This was a game preseason that looked like an easy win for the Rebels but the complexion has changed tremendously.

Dawgfan77
09-27-2015, 10:34 AM
Agree beast. Bears will struggle to run the ball, Kelly will be under duress and this will be the best secondary bears have seen. It just sets up for a really tough matchup for bears.

Dawgology
09-27-2015, 11:16 AM
I've been on the Florida train since I saw the offensive improvement in the opener. I may be the only person I have seen in the blogosphere or "real media" pick them to win the last 2 weeks. You can see a night and day coaching difference. I don't think people realized how disfunctional they were under Muschamp.

The most impressive thing about the last 2 weeks has been HOW they won. At Kentucky they got a lead and went a little conservative on offense but clamped down on defense. This week they needed the offense to make some plays to win and they did. QB Will Grier was the definition of clutch going 5-5 on 4th down.

I'm not sure I'm prepared to call for the upset as I haven't dived in to the match-ups yet but I am comfortable saying this game will be a monster atmosphere in The Swamp and they are playing with a ton of confidence. This was a game preseason that looked like an easy win for the Rebels but the complexion has changed tremendously.

I officially picked Florida to win the game against TN in my Pigskin Picks in the Commercial Dispatch. I did really well this week in college games. I think I went 5 for 5

BeastMan
09-27-2015, 11:24 AM
I officially picked Florida to win the game against TN in my Pigskin Picks in the Commercial Dispatch. I did really well this week in college games. I think I went 5 for 5

How about last week at UK? If you did me and you are on an island.

Dawgology
09-28-2015, 08:56 AM
How about last week at UK? If you did me and you are on an island.

Unfortunately, I didn't pick them last week at Kentucky. My head told me to but I was suckered by the UK hype and followed my heart. I learned something that week. Never follow your heart when picking match ups. I've also discovered there is no rhyme or reason to high school football. Every game is, more or less, a toss up.

Jacksondevildog
09-28-2015, 08:59 AM
I'm afraid that Florida will struggle scoring points vs the Bears. Mississippi's defense isn't as good as it was last year, but it probably won't have to be saturday night in the Swamp. I do think Florida will make it interesting and it may be real close going into the 4th quarter.

thf24
09-28-2015, 09:06 AM
They have the corners to shut down UMiss' big play ability but do they have the offense?

OM can spin it any way they want, but they don't have the defense they had last year. Not counting the FCS team, they're giving up almost 27 ppg this year, to last year's 16 (regular season, not counting FCS). And as flashy as they've looked on offense, they've also shown that they struggle to drive the length of the field against decent defenses. If Florida can score in the 20's and avoid turnovers, I think they win.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-28-2015, 09:06 AM
I predicted either them or Memphis. That Memphis game is a setting up as a classic trap game.

ScottH
09-28-2015, 09:21 AM
I predicted either them or Memphis. That Memphis game is a setting up as a classic trap game.

Trap game is correct. If they escape UF, they will be focused on a possible Game Day match up with AM the next week. Not Tiger High.

That's the game they wish wasn't on the schedule this year.

Memphis's entire season is focused in around this game. They believe they can win.

BeardoMSU
09-28-2015, 09:23 AM
They believe they can win.

Too bad their defense is a personification of the Maginot Line....

TrapGame
09-28-2015, 09:27 AM
Memphis won't beat UNM. That defense is too soft. Florida has the best chance to beat them so far. I'd love for UF to embarrass them in the Swamp.

Jacksondevildog
09-28-2015, 09:30 AM
I saw Memphis give up like 600 yards to Cincy the other night. That defense isn't beating Mississippi. They will keep it close for a half or so, but unless the Bears trip over the dick, they will win by two or three TD's.

thf24
09-28-2015, 09:34 AM

As someone who follows Memphis sports almost as closely as ours, I wasn't giving it a chance in hell prior to this weekend, but I now think it could happen if the stars align just right. Memphis would beat Vandy this year.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-28-2015, 09:39 AM
I saw Memphis give up like 600 yards to Cincy the other night. That defense isn't beating Mississippi. They will keep it close for a half or so, but unless the Bears trip over the dick, they will win by two or three TD's.

We saw Bama turn it over 5 times against them! Funny how TO make games more even..Kelly throws a few picks, it could get interesting.

msstate7
09-28-2015, 09:44 AM
Keep an eye on Florida's te. Florida loves throwing to te and vandy's had 5 catches 57 yards last week. With Connor out, I think a te can hurt OM.

If Florida can keep it within a score and commit to the run, I think they have a decent shot. Not just ready to call an upset though

Pokechop Womack
09-28-2015, 09:50 AM
Personally, I think this is wishful thinking... besides Georgia the East is just horrible guys... But here's to hoping for the upset!

msstate7
09-28-2015, 09:54 AM
Personally, I think this is wishful thinking... besides Georgia the East is just horrible guys... But here's to hoping for the upset!

Considering the worst team in the east took OM to the 4th quarter in Oxford, I don't think it's wishful thinking.

Pokechop Womack
09-28-2015, 10:09 AM
Considering the worst team in the east took OM to the 4th quarter in Oxford, I don't think it's wishful thinking.

The week after they played Alabama... just saying they looked a little hungover saturday... therefore you can't really judge them on that performance... Now if they play like that at Florida then judge away... but i still think thats wishful thinking

msstate7
09-28-2015, 10:20 AM
The week after they played Alabama... just saying they looked a little hungover saturday... therefore you can't really judge them on that performance... Now if they play like that at Florida then judge away... but i still think thats wishful thinking

The week after they played bama last week, they ripped aTm a new one on the road. The line is 7, not 25... I'm not ready to pick Florida just yet, but this is hardly Fresno state they're playing. Florida will be the best defense Kelly has seen in his career at a hostile place. If Kelly turns it over 2 times again, watch out

bgover4
09-28-2015, 10:41 AM
The week after they played bama last week, they ripped aTm a new one on the road. The line is 7, not 25... I'm not ready to pick Florida just yet, but this is hardly Fresno state they're playing. Florida will be the best defense Kelly has seen in his career at a hostile place. If Kelly turns it over 2 times again, watch out

UF D > Bama D ? I don't know about that but hopefully UF doesn't give the game away like Bama did.

Pokechop Womack
09-28-2015, 10:50 AM

So now you are saying that Florida's defense is better than Alabama's and the Swamp is more hostile than Bryant Denny? That's insane. Their defense will be good and the crowd will be loud but the whole "best defense he's ever seen" and "hostile stadium" argument don't make any sense anymore.

msstate7
09-28-2015, 10:50 AM
UF D > Bama D ? I don't know about that but hopefully UF doesn't give the game away like Bama did.

If the opponent is OM, then yes. Florida gets after the qb better and has a much better secondary

msstate7
09-28-2015, 10:54 AM
So now you are saying that Florida's defense is better than Alabama's and the Swamp is more hostile than Bryant Denny? That's insane. Their defense will be good and the crowd will be loud but the whole "best defense he's ever seen" and "hostile stadium" argument don't make any sense anymore.

Alabama is a great defense vs the run. They're not against the pass. Florida is better vs the pass.

Didn't say Florida is more hostile than bama. Bryant Denny is much easier place to play when you start drives on bama's side of the field... If Florida holds on to the ball, this is a game.

Everyone laughed at me when I called a close win over vandy too. This will be even closer.

Btw... You sure take up for OM

Jack Lambert
09-28-2015, 11:03 AM

Womack was the best O-Lineman to ever play at state. His down field blocking in the BYU game was a thing of beauty. If I was a high school coach I would show that play before every game to my O-Lineman.

However he did mispell Pork Chop. Is that a slam?

TUSK
09-28-2015, 11:27 AM
Alabama is a great defense vs the run. They're not against the pass. Florida is better vs the pass.

Didn't say Florida is more hostile than bama. Bryant Denny is much easier place to play when you start drives on bama's side of the field... If Florida holds on to the ball, this is a game.

Everyone laughed at me when I called a close win over vandy too. This will be even closer.

I'll defend ya some, MS7...

Given how the Bammer/OM played out with TOs and short fields for OM, I'd agree that The Swamp will likely be "more hostile" than BDS was vs OM...

and UF's secondary is better than UA's... this "Break but don't Bend" defense is frustrating, at times...

Pokechop Womack
09-28-2015, 12:14 PM

Haha and once again my objectivity has brought out the "you're a troll" comment. That's laughable. I just call it like I see it. I hope you don't bet on games... I'm not taking up for OM I am just still of the opinion that outside of Georgia the East is just really bad... And no, Jack, it's not a slam.. Like you said one of the best O lineman to ever play at state.. Also, beats out Pig Prather for the best nickname..

msstate7
09-28-2015, 12:28 PM
Haha and once again my objectivity has brought out the "you're a troll" comment. That's laughable. I just call it like I see it. I hope you don't bet on games... I'm not taking up for OM I am just still of the opinion that outside of Georgia the East is just really bad... And no, Jack, it's not a slam.. Like you said one of the best O lineman to ever play at state.. Also, beats out Pig Prather for the best nickname..
So the east is bad and the worst team in the east played OM well at OM, but Florida has no shot in Gainesville ... Makes sense

Really Clark?
09-28-2015, 12:29 PM

Well to take up for MS7 a bit, he called the UNM Vandy game pretty well. So if he made a bet he did pretty well. And I think it's just you have been positive UNM on more than one occasion lately that I recall as well. 7 is probably calling things "like he sees it as well". Or else he would have the same opinion as you. He has been more of a minority voice on calling for an upset for them against Florida for a while. And that's kind of a cop out. Someone calls someone else out and they go to to the I'm just being real or seeing it how I see it or seeing things for what they really are. Those statements are nothing more than your perception. It's no more the truth than his perception. The truth, as always, lie elsewhere.

Pokechop Womack
09-28-2015, 12:47 PM
So the east is bad and the worst team in the east played OM well at OM, but Florida has no shot in Gainesville ... Makes sense

With this logic you can argue that since we played so horribly against USM, Mizzou has a good chance of beating us. Get outta here with that man. When you look at a game objectively you look no further than the talent each team has. I know it pains you to admit OM is talented but it's true. Just like we have more talent than Missouri and should roll in that game they are more talented than Florida...

Pokechop Womack
09-28-2015, 12:48 PM

With this logic you can argue that since we played so horribly against USM, Mizzou has a good chance of beating us. Get outta here with that man. When you look at a game objectively you look no further than the talent each team has. I know it pains you to admit OM is talented but it's true. Just like we have more talent than Missouri and should roll in that game they are more talented than Florida...

Really Clark?
09-28-2015, 01:01 PM

Since 2011 Florida's recruiting rankings are 11, 4, 3, 9 and 21 last year with the coaching change. But you think it's obvious that UNM out talents Florida? I will give you they have some of the better players at certain positions but overall team talent...Florida has more talent than I think you believe. What hurts them is QB and another new offense and identity to make the offense go. That will take some time. But don't act like Florida has talent just above Vandy.

msstate7
09-28-2015, 01:03 PM

When you look at om's talent vs vandy's what "objective" result did you come up with? An 11 point win?

There's more to football games than pure talent. Florida is a bad matchup for om's offense. Florida's secondary matches up well with om's wr's. Om's defense is certainly superior to Florida's offense, but Connor out opens up the te some. Florida loves using their te.

I think this game is much closer than the blowout you expect. Maybe Vegas should call you for you "objectivity" and move the line to OM -35, since OM is unbeatable

msstate7
09-28-2015, 01:04 PM
Since 2011 Florida's recruiting rankings are 11, 4, 3, 9 and 21 last year with the coaching change. But you think it's obvious that UNM out talents Florida? I will give you they have some of the better players at certain positions but overall team talent...Florida has more talent than I think you believe. What hurts them is QB and another new offense and identity to make the offense go. That will take some time. But don't act like Florida has talent just above Vandy.

OM will be without 2 1st round nfl players also

Jack Lambert
09-28-2015, 01:05 PM
I'll defend ya some, MS7...

Given how the Bammer/OM played out with TOs and short fields for OM, I'd agree that The Swamp will likely be "more hostile" than BDS was vs OM...

and UF's secondary is better than UA's... this "Break but don't Bend" defense is frustrating, at times...

I think Florida's team and fans are hungrier for a win right now. They have been on the outside looking in for several years now, it?s like getting to sit at the head of the table for years and being the center of attention and then suddenly and with out warning being move to the back yard picnic table. That team will be fired up and the fans will be fired up. They are ready to be an important part of college football again. They are 4-0 and have the #3 team in the country coming in. Ole Miss better be ready to play.

msstate7
09-28-2015, 01:08 PM
I think Florida's team and fans are hungrier for a win right now. They have been on the outside looking in for several years now, it?s like getting to sit at the head of the table for years and being the center of attention and then being move to the back yard picnic table. The team will be fired up and the fans will be fired up. They are ready to be relative again. They are 4-0 and have the #3 team in the country coming in. Ole Miss better be ready to play.

It's gonna come down to Kelly. If Kelly doesn't turn it over, OM will win. If he turns it over, it's real close. If Kelly lets vh3 hit him for a pick 6, Florida wins

Jack Lambert
09-28-2015, 01:11 PM
What hurts them is QB and another new offense and identity to make the offense go. .

I think Ole Miss has a QB problem as well. It started to turn up against Bama. Ole MIss had 94 total yards in the first half of that game. Bama saved Kellys ass. It really started to show it's ugly head against Vandy. Kellys head is going to get so turned around Saturday he is going to look like that little girl from the Exorcist.

Pokechop Womack
09-28-2015, 01:20 PM
When you look at om's talent vs vandy's what "objective" result did you come up with? An 11 point win?

There's more to football games than pure talent. Florida is a bad matchup for om's offense. Florida's secondary matches up well with om's wr's. Om's defense is certainly superior to Florida's offense, but Connor out opens up the te some. Florida loves using their te.

I think this game is much closer than the blowout you expect. Maybe Vegas should call you for you "objectivity" and move the line to OM -35, since OM is unbeatable

First of all, I never said anything about a blowout... I said to say Florida pulls off the upset is wishful thinking... Don't put words in my mouth... I have watched both teams play and yes I'm sorry OM is more talented than Florida... And if Vegas has them as a 6.5 point favorite in such a "hostile" environment then I would say they are pretty confident too.... Look we all want them to lose but actively rooting against them and to say that every team they play has a legit shot at the upset is ridiculous... We can talk about this on Sunday and if I'm wrong I will own it (but I won't be wrong... See my LSU prediction)... Personally, I think we need to focus on A&M... But that's just me

DownwardDawg
09-28-2015, 01:24 PM
UF by 10.

msstate7
09-28-2015, 01:26 PM
First of all, I never said anything about a blowout... I said to say Florida pulls off the upset is wishful thinking... Don't put words in my mouth... I have watched both teams play and yes I'm sorry OM is more talented than Florida... And if Vegas has them as a 6.5 point favorite in such a "hostile" environment then I would say they are pretty confident too.... Look we all want them to lose but actively rooting against them and to say that every team they play has a legit shot at the upset is ridiculous... We can talk about this on Sunday and if I'm wrong I will own it (but I won't be wrong... See my LSU prediction)... Personally, I think we need to focus on A&M... But that's just me

I said the game will be close and you attacked my objectivity. If you attacked me for saying it will be close, what were you in essence saying?

Also, I'm not so vain to think my focus on the aTm game will make one bit of difference. You are right though, this argument is getting old. Haha

MadDawg
09-28-2015, 02:03 PM
but actively rooting against them and to say that every team they play has a legit shot at the upset is ridiculous

Do what? I'm not going to call you a bear, but I'll lump you in with the other MSU fans that just can't fathom someone is better than the Bears. Talk about little brother syndrome. Geez. You sound just like the State fan I argued with last week that it's "obvious" Kelly is a better QB than Dak.

And what the hell, man? You think actively rooting against your rival is ridiculous? Seriously? And somehow thinking Florida has a chance to upset them in the Swamp is ridiculous?

I guess it goes without saying you think it is ridiculous for any MSU fan to think we can win against aTm. I mean they are 6.5 point favorites. Guess we should all be concentrating on the Troy game now since it would be ridiculous to even think we have a chance in College Station.

Jacksondevildog
09-28-2015, 02:09 PM
Guys, make sure we focus on Texas A&M. If we, as message board posters, are not focused, the team will not play well.**

TUSK
09-28-2015, 02:49 PM
I got an idea, why don't yall just make a bet on the OM/UF game?

vCash, real cash or a sig?... I've found that often resolves who has both confidence and conviction...

CadaverDawg
09-28-2015, 03:10 PM

So in your "objective" opinion Auburn would kill us this past Saturday. Gotcha...makes perfect sense.*

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-28-2015, 04:00 PM
Only problem I see is that Fla will be coming off winning a game against a bitter rival. No. Miss is not a rival of theirs. They will be up no doubt, but it won't be the hate that they have for Tn. Another thing...Fla. is learning how to win again. Mentally, do they have what it takes? I certainly hope so.

Pokechop Womack
09-28-2015, 04:06 PM
So in your "objective" opinion Auburn would kill us this past Saturday. Gotcha...makes perfect sense.*

Negative... IMO we are more talented than Auburn... I actually money-lined us last weekend.. so there's that... And TUSK, Pokechop Womack is a degenerate gambler always willing to take on a friendly wager...

msstate7
09-28-2015, 04:08 PM
Only problem I see is that Fla will be coming off winning a game against a bitter rival. No. Miss is not a rival of theirs. They will be up no doubt, but it won't be the hate that they have for Tn. Another thing...Fla. is learning how to win again. Mentally, do they have what it takes? I certainly hope so.

Florida can only win if they win the TO battle. If OM plays clean, they win.

DownwardDawg
10-03-2015, 09:35 PM
I should have said Florida by 20.

War Machine Dawg
10-03-2015, 09:38 PM
Behr is the man. Nailed this one.

mcain31
10-03-2015, 09:48 PM
Behr is the man. Nailed this one.
Yes he did

Behrdawg
10-03-2015, 10:11 PM
I've had a feeling that Ole Miss' world is about to come crashing down around them. And it started tonight.

Pokechop Womack
10-03-2015, 10:13 PM
Crow eaten for sure haha... unfortunately our loss doesn't make it taste as good...

msstate7
10-03-2015, 10:17 PM
Crow eaten for sure haha... unfortunately our loss doesn't make it taste as good...

Yeah, i would rather have won and OM won 81-0

Statecoachingblows**
10-03-2015, 10:29 PM
Memphis will be interesting for the pretentious I do believe