PDA

View Full Version : New 2014 hoops commitment

662dawg
07-22-2013, 09:45 AM
6'9 225 F/C Oliver Black. A few nice offers as well.

PMDawg
07-22-2013, 11:00 AM
nice link

Coach34
07-22-2013, 11:54 AM
pretty good pick-up it looks like. Has some really good offers

http://247sports.com/Player/Oliver-Black-34587

Big4Dawg
07-22-2013, 12:26 PM
Per scout: According to Rowe, Black had an offer from Oklahoma State. His other AAU coach, Omhar Carter also of MBA Hoops, told me in April that Black also had offers from Miami (FL), Ole Miss, Southern Miss and Arkansas.

DownwardDawg
07-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Why is it when a basketball recruit commits I pretty much consider it a done deal? When a football recruit commits, I don't think much into it because I know it's about a 50/50 shot he ever signs with us. When we get a commitmen in football to our 2016 class, I laugh. Am I wrong about that? I confess to not following basketball recruiting at all, but I just don't remember too many recruiting dramas in basketball. (other than that dude that went to UT)

fishwater99
07-22-2013, 02:03 PM
MVP of MS All-star Game..Looks like a good one..

19 points and 8 boards..

http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/article/20130709/HSSPORTS/307090022/Black-steps-up-lead-South-boys-5th-straight-win

JOHNHEVESYMADE
07-22-2013, 08:56 PM
According to Rick Ray's most recent tweet, Black is the final piece to the puzzle!

mic
07-22-2013, 09:30 PM
Why is it when a basketball recruit commits I pretty much consider it a done deal? When a football recruit commits, I don't think much into it because I know it's about a 50/50 shot he ever signs with us. When we get a commitmen in football to our 2016 class, I laugh. Am I wrong about that? I confess to not following basketball recruiting at all, but I just don't remember too many recruiting dramas in basketball. (other than that dude that went to UT)

early signing period

JOHNHEVESYMADE
07-26-2013, 12:22 AM
Black averaged 7 points and 7 rebounds last season. According to a JPS coach, Black has a "fabricated offer list" and was almost kicked off the team last year. However, he has gelled with the assistant coach at Wingfield recently and turned around. This JPS coach says Black simply isn't good enough to play in the SEC and that he didn't even have a commitable offer to Southern Miss much less all these other schools that have supposedly offered.

Dawg61
07-26-2013, 12:33 AM
Tough to get MVP in the MS All-Star game if ya can't play. Isn't this type of post exactly the kind that can't be tolerated on a MSU board? Ban this fool

cheat2win
07-26-2013, 06:55 AM

Downward, that is due to the culture of basketball 'crooting. Tampering with a committed player is very frowned upon in basketball coaching circles. Some times you will see a Soph or JR who commits really early switch but most stick to their original commitment. Andy Einfield's staff at USC is already getting a bad rep for doing this.

cheat2win
07-26-2013, 06:56 AM
Black averaged 7 points and 7 rebounds last season. According to a JPS coach, Black has a "fabricated offer list" and was almost kicked off the team last year. However, he has gelled with the assistant coach at Wingfield recently and turned around. This JPS coach says Black simply isn't good enough to play in the SEC and that he didn't even have a commitable offer to Southern Miss much less all these other schools that have supposedly offered.

Ya man and Chris Jones didnt have a commitable offer from Ole Miss**

Rick Danko
07-26-2013, 07:27 AM

Well by all means you better get on the horn with Coach Ray before he signs. I'm sure he will be more than interested to hear your and JPS coaches take on the situation***

Hump4Hoops
07-26-2013, 07:36 AM
Lol, an infraction for that?

Thanks, Flab. I'll go sit in time out and think about all the harm I've done.

SignalToNoise
07-26-2013, 07:47 AM
I'm not a huge basketball fan but I can't wait to see what Coach Ray can do with a full cast.

fishwater99
07-26-2013, 10:24 AM
Tough to get MVP in the MS All-Star game if ya can't play. Isn't this type of post exactly the kind that can't be tolerated on a MSU board? Ban this fool

This...