PDA

View Full Version : We will have to score over 30 to win next week...Can we?

IMissJack
09-26-2015, 11:28 PM
Ark. had the formula to beat A&M, kept the ball for 2/3 of the game, but had some bad breaks and lost in OT. Until the next to last drive of the game A&M only had 40 plays on offense. Arkansas ran right between the tackles and play action passed on 1st down a lot. We don't have a running game to slow down their pass rush off the edge. I just don't see us matching up well with A&M, but that's why they play the game.

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2015, 11:30 PM
Yes we can. We've yet to put it all together on offense yet, & next week may be the week.

We can absolutely score 30

Jacksondevildog
09-26-2015, 11:31 PM
We need to have some drives where we establish some type of running game and eat some clock to limit aTm's possessions. Warren will have a time blocking Myles Garrett. I think Holloway may be our guy to step up.

Liverpooldawg
09-26-2015, 11:31 PM
I agree and I think we can. I sure as heck wish it was in Mississippi.

Todd4State
09-26-2015, 11:32 PM
I saw Warren limping around which is probably why Jenkins played so much.

Todd4State
09-26-2015, 11:34 PM
I'll be honest- I don't feel real good about next week. I thought we would win this week- so I'm not being negative. Tonight told me that we aren't going to see a lot of Lee and Williams this year.

After next week I feel pretty good about the rest of the season though.

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2015, 11:37 PM
I'll be honest- I don't feel real good about next week. I thought we would win this week- so I'm not being negative. Tonight told me that we aren't going to see a lot of Lee and Williams this year.

After next week I feel pretty good about the rest of the season though.

I feel better than this.

I'm not even sure how good A&M actually is

IMissJack
09-26-2015, 11:39 PM
I feel better than this.

I know this, if we get in a passing contest where we have several 3 and outs, they could put 50 on us. They have 3 receivers that I don't know how we cover.

msstate7
09-26-2015, 11:49 PM
I know this, if we get in a passing contest where we have several 3 and outs, they could put 50 on us. They have 3 receivers that I don't know how we cover.

Not sure about that. aTm only scored 21 in regulation vs Arkansas. We haven't given up over 21 in 4 games. Not calling win just yet, but I don't see them scoring 50

justwin
09-26-2015, 11:50 PM
ASU is getting drilled by USC right now. How good is ASU? Ark is terrible.

We absolutely have a chance. We're going to get 75+ plays next week = 30+ points. Won't see the chicken little move of keeping the ball out of Dak's hands next week ~ Aub & USM.

Mullen is making all the right moves ~ playing the young defenders more, go with Graves FT, rotate younger OL (Jenkins played a good amount @ LT tonight), WRs as the focal point of offense......just one more decision to make...Lee or Williams over Shump? I say Lee. It's obvious, it's time.

Todd4State
09-26-2015, 11:50 PM
I feel better than this.

Based on how they played tonight I can understand where you are coming from on that. However, I think they are a rival for Arkansas plus there is a war between Bielema and the spread guys. Lots of hard feelings in that game which was at a neutral site.

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2015, 11:55 PM
Based on how they played tonight I can understand where you are coming from on that. However, I think they are a rival for Arkansas plus there is a war between Bielema and the spread guys. Lots of hard feelings in that game which was at a neutral site.

It's really not a huge rivalry. A&M & Arkansas really don't have that much history against each other. Arkansas & Texas is a rivalry though.

Honestly, I think A&M is the same team they were last year with a possibly a slightly better defense. They really aren't a threat to run at the QB position & don't run the ball as well as Auburn.

I think we will have to play well & better than we did tonight, but I ABSOLUTELY believe we can win.

IMissJack
09-27-2015, 08:22 AM
It's really not a huge rivalry. A&M & Arkansas really don't have that much history against each other. Arkansas & Texas is a rivalry though.

Honestly, I think A&M is the same team they were last year with a possibly a slightly better defense. They really aren't a threat to run at the QB position & don't run the ball as well as Auburn.

I think we will have to play well & better than we did tonight, but I ABSOLUTELY believe we can win.

That is correct, TX and AR have a bigger historic rivalry. The neutral site game with A&M is a recruiting benefit for AR. Every other year, they are the home team, which allows them to invite recruits to the game at Jerry world in Dallas. They currently have 18 TX players on their team, and they said that last week, AR coaches visited 26 high schools in TX leading up to the game with A&M. They also got the #1 running back in TX last year.

BrunswickDawg
09-27-2015, 08:49 AM
ASU is getting drilled by USC right now. How good is ASU? Ark is terrible.

We absolutely have a chance. We're going to get 75+ plays next week = 30+ points. Won't see the chicken little move of keeping the ball out of Dak's hands next week ~ Aub & USM.

Mullen is making all the right moves ~ playing the young defenders more, go with Graves FT, rotate younger OL (Jenkins played a good amount @ LT tonight), WRs as the focal point of offense......just one more decision to make...Lee or Williams over Shump? I say Lee. It's obvious, it's time.
I think this may have been Shumps "1 more chance" game. He proved tonight beyond a shadow of a doubt he is not an every down guy. Although I disagree that it is a Lee/Williams decision - I think Dear is going to be the guy, and when he runs over A&M everyone (media) is going to be all "where did this guy come from??"