PDA

View Full Version : For those worried about the offense

Intramural All-American
09-26-2015, 11:19 PM
We had 5 drives in the first 3 quarters, and we scored on 3 of them. We punted once, and were driving down the field until Walley fumbled on the other drive. If walley doesn't fumble, we most likely score at a 80% clip when trying to put points on the board. It was pretty obvious we were just trying to milk the clock in the 4th.

If you want to argue that the defense didn't get us the ball back quick enough, go ahead, but you will look dumb since we held them to 9.

We are 3-1 and 1-1, let's keep it going next week.

BulldogBear
09-27-2015, 12:00 AM
We had 5 drives in the first 3 quarters, and we scored on 3 of them. We punted once, and were driving down the field until Walley fumbled on the other drive. If walley doesn't fumble, we most likely score at a 80% clip when trying to put points on the board. It was pretty obvious we were just trying to milk the clock in the 4th.

If you want to argue that the defense didn't get us the ball back quick enough, go ahead, but you will look dumb since we held them to 9.

Gotta agree here. Till that turnover, I feel we were about to make it semi ugly. It kind of let them back in the game.

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2015, 12:21 AM

I completely agree. I'm not worried about the offense being adequate, but intrigued by the thought that, if we could come up with a solid running game, we are one of the best teams in college football.

Right now, my eyes tell me we are a top 15-20 team. However, if the running game gets there, & we have the talent to do it, I believe we become a top 10 team, with a chance to win every game.

The offense isn't a problem, but they are nowhere close to hitting their ceiling.

BayouDawg
09-27-2015, 12:37 AM
I agree the red zone defense has been very good all year. We still miss too many tackles for my taste, but defense has been solid and especially in the red area. We aren't attacking as much on D because our safeties aren't great but we have only allowed over 20 once so far. As for the running game, if we find one we will be dangerous. Damn you J Rob if you would have stayed you would have had another solid year and maybe cracked the into the top 3 rounds of the draft.

Op4isabitch
09-27-2015, 09:03 AM
I don't think our run blocking is good enough for us to have the type of run game we had last season, no matter who we have running the ball.
Our pass blocking though has improved a great deal since game one.

Thick
09-27-2015, 09:13 AM
I think Holloway is fine, he's just so damn small, but I would like to see Dear get more touches. He reminds me of JRob.

SheltonChoked
09-27-2015, 09:18 AM
And the one we punted on was Bear's catch "out of bounds" They don't overrule that and we score there too.

dawgs
09-27-2015, 10:23 AM
I agree the red zone defense has been very good all year. We still miss too many tackles for my taste, but defense has been solid and especially in the red area. We aren't attacking as much on D because our safeties aren't great but we have only allowed over 20 once so far. As for the running game, if we find one we will be dangerous. Damn you J Rob if you would have stayed you would have had another solid year and maybe cracked the into the top 3 rounds of the draft.

For a RB's shelf life, Robinson is much better off getting into the league and hopefully getting to that 1st FA contract than being concerned about the $$ difference between a 5th and 3rd round pick.