PDA

View Full Version : 3 out of 4 versus Auburn. Only loss was last minute.

justwin
09-26-2015, 10:55 PM
nice job Mullen.

MetEdDawg
09-26-2015, 11:07 PM
I think we are a better program than Arkansas and Auburn for sure right now. Probably push with Ole Miss. Add in the East and we are a better program than everyone except Mizzou and UGA. That puts us as the 6th or 7th best program in the SEC right now. Thank you Mullen. 7 years ago I didn't think that was even possible considering where we were.

Todd4State
09-26-2015, 11:09 PM
ALL IN! I hate Auburn for all of their BS over the years from Cam to trying to ban cowbells. I'm glad their damn tree is dead.

Jacksondevildog
09-26-2015, 11:10 PM
Missouri isn't a better program than MSU. They have been to Atlanta recently, but as a whole, I will take where we are over them.

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2015, 11:19 PM
Missouri isn't a better program than MSU. They have been to Atlanta recently, but as a whole, I will take where we are over them.

Agree, we are a better program than Mizzou in quality of players & play.

MetEdDawg
09-26-2015, 11:24 PM
Agree, we are a better program than Mizzou in quality of players & play.

Not sure I agree. Could we have won the East the last 2 years like they did? Very possibly. Would I want to change places with them over the past couple years? I would have to seriously consider it. So I don't mind amending to a push, but I can't imagine you guys if given the option wouldn't trade the last 2 years for 2 SEC Championship game appearances.

I think our future is brighter, but it's hard to say you wouldn't want what they had the last 2 years. But that would still put us at somewhere between 5th and 7th which is still pretty damn good. We are unquestionably a solid SEC football program. The culture has been changed and we certainly have a lot to be happy about.

KB21
09-26-2015, 11:27 PM
Very interesting stat from the game:

This is the first time Auburn has not scored a touchdown in a game where Gus Malzahn has either been the head coach or the offensive coordinator. It was Mississippi State's defense that held them without a touchdown.

As far as where this program is at, I was looking back at some previous recruiting classes. From my standpoint, Mississippi State has a better program relative to player development than any other program in the conference. Look at the 2011 class. This was a class that saw 19 players on campus. That class produced Preston Smith, who is in the NFL. Josh Robinson, who is in the NFL. Darius Slay, who is in the NFL. Benardrick McKinney, who is in the NFL. Dak Prescott, who is All SEC, All American, and a potential NFL quarterback. Taveze Calhoun, a potential NFL cornerback. Justin Malone, a potential NFL offensive lineman. Alabama's #1 rated class from that season has produced 5 NFL players.

Liverpooldawg
09-26-2015, 11:34 PM
Auburn will have a real struggle to finish high enough to where Gus' position isn't untenable.

Todd4State
09-26-2015, 11:36 PM
Auburn will have a real struggle to finish high enough to where Gus' position isn't untenable.

He's safe for awhile. He has the right people on his side.

MetEdDawg
09-26-2015, 11:36 PM
Very interesting stat from the game:

This is the first time Auburn has not scored a touchdown in a game where Gus Malzahn has either been the head coach or the offensive coordinator. It was Mississippi State's defense that held them without a touchdown.

As far as where this program is at, I was looking back at some previous recruiting classes. From my standpoint, Mississippi State has a better program relative to player development than any other program in the conference. Look at the 2011 class. This was a class that saw 19 players on campus. That class produced Preston Smith, who is in the NFL. Josh Robinson, who is in the NFL. Darius Slay, who is in the NFL. Benardrick McKinney, who is in the NFL. Dak Prescott, who is All SEC, All American, and a potential NFL quarterback. Taveze Calhoun, a potential NFL cornerback. Justin Malone, a potential NFL offensive lineman. Alabama's #1 rated class from that season has produced 5 NFL players.

In this regard I think we are the best in the country at player development and maximizing our recruits potential. That 2011 class had a lot of people pissed at Mullen. 24/7 had it ranked #35 in the country and #10 in the SEC. But it had some studs in it for sure.

ScoobaDawg
09-26-2015, 11:38 PM
ALL IN! I hate Auburn for all of their BS over the years from Cam to trying to ban cowbells. I'm glad their damn tree is dead.

With you...minus the tree. thats pretty screwed up and should back off on that Todd.
I can't stand Auburn and their ALL IN cheating bullshit. I can't stand Bama but will always pull for them over Auburn unless it's gonna give Bama another NC and Auburn won't gain anything.

KB21
09-26-2015, 11:41 PM
In this regard I think we are the best in the country at player development and maximizing our recruits potential. That 2011 class had a lot of people pissed at Mullen. 24/7 had it ranked #35 in the country and #10 in the SEC. But it had some studs in it for sure.

Look at 2012, which was rated 22nd. Denico Autry plays for the Raiders. This class also has Nick James, Will Redmond, AJ Jefferson, Richie Brown, Nelson Adams, Cedric Jiles, Brandon Holloway, Devon Desper, Ryan Brown, Deontay Evans, Fred Brown, Torrey Dale, Gus Walley, and Justin Senior. Not all of them are NFL guys, but there are potentially 6 guys here that could play in the NFL.