PDA

View Full Version : After Dear has a great run, did he get on the field again?

Tbonewannabe
09-26-2015, 10:10 PM
How do we leave him on the bench?

VandelayIndustries
09-26-2015, 10:13 PM
I think he got one other carry, but yes it makes zero sense not to play him more

Dawgface
09-26-2015, 10:14 PM
You know Mullen breaks them slowly. ;)

Behrdawg
09-26-2015, 10:22 PM
Shumpert needs to assume Rougedawg's job as waterboy. He is worthless at this point.

ScoobaDawg
09-26-2015, 10:32 PM
Shumpert needs to assume Rougedawg's job as waterboy. He is worthless at this point.

I agree...I badly wanted him to have a good year and push for 1000 yards and be the work horse.
Nope... He consistently looks to be hit and just is not good at seeing the field.

Time to move on..and I dont mean Hollaway up the gut...

GreenheadDawg
09-26-2015, 10:39 PM
Yep dear was sitting by Donald Gray. Makes a ton of sense **

tcdog70
09-26-2015, 10:41 PM
You would think we lost. Shit let Dan play who He wants.

Tbonewannabe
09-26-2015, 10:42 PM
I agree...I badly wanted him to have a good year and push for 1000 yards and be the work horse.
Nope... He consistently looks to be hit and just is not good at seeing the field.

Time to move on..and I dont mean Hollaway up the gut...
Holloway at least has the burst to hit the hole. By the time Shumpert gets to the line the hole is gone. He just doesn't have the burst needed against SEC defenses.

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2015, 10:45 PM
Holloway at least has the burst to hit the hole. By the time Shumpert gets to the line the hole is gone. He just doesn't have the burst needed against SEC defenses.

Holloway is great. You just can't have him in on 3rd & 2. We need an every down back + Holloway

ScoobaDawg
09-26-2015, 10:50 PM
Holloway is great. You just can't have him in on 3rd & 2. We need an every down back + Holloway

Exactly. holloway has his purpose. to the edge. flare pass to edge. Not punching up the gut.

Tbonewannabe
09-26-2015, 10:57 PM
Exactly. holloway has his purpose. to the edge. flare pass to edge. Not punching up the gut.

If the option is Holloway or Shumpert, give me Holloway up the gut. Shumpert doesn't break any more tackles and he is slower to the line.

GreenheadDawg
09-26-2015, 10:57 PM
You would think we lost. Shit let Dan play who He wants.

Then we wouldn't have anything to bitch about. That's no fun

tcdog70
09-26-2015, 11:12 PM
First time to win in the Plains since 99 and people are bitching.

Todd4State
09-26-2015, 11:14 PM
First time to win in the Plains since 99 and people are bitching.

Ummmm....we won in 2007 there.

Todd4State
09-26-2015, 11:16 PM
It's not people bitching just to bitch. Why wouldn't we want to have a better team that makes winning even easier?

It's not like Lee, Williams, and Dear have looked awful when they have been given a chance.

sleepy dawg
09-26-2015, 11:28 PM
Shump looked good when he was needed as for an outlet/dump off pass. I don't think he has no value, but he should be limited to passing downs, and should definitely not be our #1 back.

messageboardsuperhero
09-26-2015, 11:39 PM
Can people not be excited/happy about a win but still talk about ways we can continue to improve?

Shumpert ain't the answer carrying the ball- period. He can catch and block- use his like that with the occasional carry to keep the D honest. Holloway has his place and has value, but he isn't the answer every down either. Dear needs to touch the ball more, as do our RS freshman running backs. There's no way in hell those two can be worse running the ball than Shump.

Todd4State
09-26-2015, 11:41 PM
Shump looked good when he was needed as for an outlet/dump off pass. I don't think he has no value, but he should be limited to passing downs, and should definitely not be our #1 back.

Exactly. He only had 5 yards rushing tonight, but he had 2 receptions for 23 yards.

Todd4State
09-26-2015, 11:46 PM
Can people not be excited/happy about a win but still talk about ways we can continue to improve?

Shumpert ain't the answer carrying the ball- period. He can catch and block- use his like that with the occasional carry to keep the D honest. Holloway has his place and has value, but he isn't the answer every down either. Dear needs to touch the ball more, as do our RS freshman running backs. There's no way in hell those two can be worse running the ball than Shump.

Dontavian Lee is averaging 10.5 yards per carry. Williams is at 3.7 YPC. Shumpert is at around 2.5 YPC

Bothrops
09-27-2015, 01:46 AM
We should move Lee to RB, and move Shumpert to TE.

Clanga
09-27-2015, 02:12 AM
I think Shump has a role not as our main back tho. Why can't he come in on obvious passing downs and act as a blocker or passing outlet. Heck why not line him up motion Dear into the backfield and use him as a fullback I mean that's what he's built for why not use him as such. Heck Dak could even block too. Auburn was so inventive with their run game against us using multiple formations and getting good blocking match ups. I wish we would do the same. Teams are shutting down Dak up the middle, we need to evolve.

shannondawg
09-27-2015, 07:36 AM
Maybe he is using Shump as blocking back, thats where he proved his worth last year, cause Bowling Ball couldn't block worth a crap. Dak had really good protection last night.

I really don't know, more asking than telling. I do know this for sure, all you experts were calling on him to run more last year.