PDA

View Full Version : A Win Is A Win

Ifyouonlyknew
09-26-2015, 09:56 PM
It wasn't always pretty & we definitely have some things we need to work on & improve. But if you can't celebrate a win on the road in the SEC at least for a night before you start bitching then I feel bad for you. Hail State & good night!

BeardoMSU
09-26-2015, 09:59 PM
It wasn't always pretty & we definitely have some things we need to work on & improve. But if you can't celebrate a win on the road in the SEC at least for a night before you start bitching then I feel bad for you. Hail State & good night!

Well said, Dan.

SDDawg
09-26-2015, 10:00 PM
Damn good win. My only real concern is that we finished pretty flat, would have been nice to have a stronger second half.

I also like the fact that A&M had to gut it out and leave a lot on the field tonight vs. Arky, hopefully that bleeds over into next week.

HoopsDawg
09-26-2015, 10:00 PM
AU was desperate. That was a really good road win. But we have to find a running game.

shoeless joe
09-26-2015, 10:02 PM
Good any time you can win in the state of alabama. We are a running game away from being very good...as is we are slightly above average.

engie
09-26-2015, 10:02 PM
I saw some things to be optimistic about late in the game defensively. Offensive line play was for the most part awesome tonight I thought in pass blocking. Hard to know on run blocking, but I have a sneaking suspicion that problem is not their fault either at this point. Surely this is enough sample size on shump to realize we have to make a change?

BrunswickDawg
09-26-2015, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the "strain" tonight Dan, whatever in the hell that means.

HoopsDawg
09-26-2015, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the "strain" tonight Dan, whatever in the hell that means.

Ole Dan gets pretty excited in those post game interviews. He doesn't quite have the poise, charisma as say Kevin Sumlin.

HoopsDawg
09-26-2015, 10:09 PM
I saw some things to be optimistic about late in the game defensively. Offensive line play was for the most part awesome tonight I thought in pass blocking. Hard to know on run blocking, but I have a sneaking suspicion that problem is not their fault either at this point. Surely this is enough sample size on shump to realize we have to make a change?

Yeah, If you watch some of our running plays. Our 5 O-linemen will have a hat on a hat. Yet we still seem to be outnumbered. I think the lack of a lead blocker whether it be a TE or a H-back coupled with a RB that can't make 1 man miss is killing us. Brandon Holloway has lanes.

basedog
09-26-2015, 10:19 PM

Great win. I ain't gonna bitch cause it doesn't matter how just win!

Btw, Holloway played well, he even passed blocked. Reminds me of Kenny Roberts!

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
09-26-2015, 10:43 PM
Don't care how it happened. Feels great to get a win @ Auburn after the bs I've seen. Hail State.

justwin
09-26-2015, 10:56 PM
justwin

Todd4State
09-26-2015, 11:21 PM

I have enough of a sample size of Gus Walley destroying his guy only to look back and realize he had to actually block his guy AGAIN because Shump wasn't any where near turning the corner. Holloway and Dear were able to get yards.

Liverpooldawg
09-26-2015, 11:24 PM

AGREE AND HAIL STATE!

archdog
09-27-2015, 12:11 AM
How about my boy Myles just flying past 2 guys so fast they didn't know what hit them. Busted coverage be damned. That dude needs the ball.

Coming out of the gate our offensive play calling was flawless. We have to get someone to run the ball with authority. Our offense needs that one last piece and then we would be unstoppable on offense. Hats off to Mullen on that 1st half play calling except for the Dak up the Middle after the 7 minute stoppage of play to review Bears awesome elbow out of bounds catch. Dak up the middle right now has about a 3% chance of gaining 2 yards or more because 1 our linemen cannot get out of his way, 2 our timing seems way off in with said blocks, and 3 defenses really do not have to play the fake handoff in the running game because our rb cannot break a feather light arm tackle.

Heck, I couldn't tell you which WR was getting the ball in the first half. We looked like the flippin Patriots out there for 30 minutes.

The second half looked out of sync on offense. I believe if Fred Browns catch didn't have to be reviewed, we score a TD on that drive. It took all the momentum and rhythm out of our offense.

Defense, extraordinary effort all around. 9 points against Malzahn. I will take it every time. Forget all the missed tackles and everything else for a moment. People miss tackles, just watch any game on any level. Shit happens. When we needed our dline and lbs to get nasty, they did. Diaz had them ready to play. 9 points. I will take the same next week.

archdog
09-27-2015, 12:17 AM
One last thing to add, no idea why Shump didn't run up field on his last carry. Dude stretched the play to the sideline when there wasn't a defender on the flipping tv screen. Get up field and gain 5 yards. Then we are looking at 3rd and 2 versus 3rd and 6. And for god sake, watch his runs during the spring game versus this game. During the spring game he was running to hurt people. Now he is juking in the backfield into would be tacklers. This guy has one more chance to do something physical and wow me. I was to see a fighr for at least 1 extra yard after contact. I know he can do it. Watch the spring game and you will see him hit another gear when the contact is coming and at least try to drop the hammer on someone. I want him to hit the hole as fast as he can. The holes are there, but neither Dak nor Shump get there fast enough.

engie
09-27-2015, 07:26 AM
I thought the replays were conveniently overly long for Auburn, both times right as we appeared to be clicking on all cylinders offensively and both times seemingly getting us out of sync. Any other road game in the conference and I'm probably not asking the same questions about it...

msstate7
09-27-2015, 07:30 AM
I thought the replays were conveniently overly long for Auburn, both times right as we appeared to be clicking on all cylinders offensively and both times seemingly getting us out of sync. Any other road game in the conference and I'm probably not asking the same questions about it...

Not sure bear's catch should've been overturned. I thought duke's catch that led to fg should've been reviewed