PDA

View Full Version : If...

thunderclap
09-26-2015, 09:46 PM
We can figure out how to run the ball, even average, we could be dangerous. Where the hell is the spread option?

MetEdDawg
09-26-2015, 09:49 PM
I'm with you. We beat Auburn in Auburn running the ball 21 times for 56 yards. I don't care how bad a team is but how in the hell did we do that? We have got to get Lee and Aeris touches. They literally touched the ball zero times tonight. How does that even happen?

VandelayIndustries
09-26-2015, 09:49 PM
Dak doesn't have the same explosiveness, don't know what's up with that

HoopsDawg
09-26-2015, 09:51 PM
We have 3 big issues right now:

1. We have not replaced Malcolm Johnson's blocking ability. He was huge for our run game last year.

2. Our interior blocking is not opening lanes for dak on the inside. Beckwith was the big loss here.

3. And of course, we don't have a big time RB like J-Rob. You can see that we are still effective with Holloway and his explosiveness. The problem is Holloway can't carry the ball more than 7 times a game and is going to be a liability pass pro.

HoopsDawg
09-26-2015, 09:58 PM
So the question is, how do you fix it:

1. Immediately move Malik Dear to RB and give him reps, reps, reps. He has the most potential of the 4 backs that are playing

2. Move Shumpert to H-back. Shumpert should only play in 2 back sets as the lead blocker or in passing situations b/c he is great at picking up the blitz.

3. Continue to take a hard look at Calhoun at Guard.

DanDority
09-26-2015, 10:00 PM
Dak doesn't have the same explosiveness, don't know what's up with that

I'm not saying I know, but I was told by someone last week at the game that Dak has a sports hernia.

KB21
09-26-2015, 10:02 PM
With Dear, they have to make the move in practice first. I think at some point this season though, Dear needs to be the running back. He's the guy built most like Josh Robinson and is closest to his ability. With how this team likes to throw to the backs on first down, Dear can be a weapon in the passing game. His shiftiness to make that first man miss is needed.

EdDawg
09-26-2015, 10:03 PM
I may be wrong, but I thought I remember holloway picking up a blitz a couple of times. He may have been going up the middle for a pass though.

Saltydog
09-26-2015, 10:05 PM
run the ball and combine that with a slow, weak OL this is the result. There's just so many different reasons our run game is horrible right now.

I seen it dawg
09-26-2015, 10:20 PM
I believe Dak is hurt as well.

Behrdawg
09-26-2015, 10:26 PM
When Dak ran in the first two games (which was very little) I could see a limp in his stride. It's tough to Notice if you don't know what to look for, but I've had 2 ortho's tell me the same. I hope I'm wrong.

HoopsDawg
09-26-2015, 10:28 PM
He looked good on that long run vs USM.

tcdog70
09-26-2015, 10:40 PM
Most passes he throws are just extended handoffs. Quit freaking out , it is working .we should be 4-0.