PDA

View Full Version : Richie brown

msstate7
09-26-2015, 09:39 PM
I apologize for ripping you so bad. Nice game

shoeless joe
09-26-2015, 09:48 PM
He got the message. Green played well for him in the first half and it lot a much needed fire under his ass. Props to him for stepping up.

SDDawg
09-26-2015, 10:02 PM
He finished plays in a way that he just hasn't been able to do in the past couple of games. What a difference a week makes...

cbrunt29
09-26-2015, 10:09 PM
He finished plays in a way that he just hasn't been able to do in the past couple of games. What a difference a week makes...

Now if we can just see a difference in our running game in a week.

MetEdDawg
09-26-2015, 10:11 PM
I think they said he had 15 tackles tonight. And that was with Green taking a good portion of his snaps early on. Think he had 2 sacks too. If he can be that enforcer our defense just got better by leaps and bounds. I'm sure TAMU is excited to see him again after his 3 pick performance from last year.

Thick
09-26-2015, 10:13 PM
13 tackles, 12 solos, 2 sacks. Not bad for a "non" SEC LB.

Behrdawg
09-26-2015, 10:14 PM
Richie heard his criticism. He corrected it tonight.

Wonder if Hugh still fears for his soul

dogshiek
09-26-2015, 10:30 PM
Richie heard his criticism. He corrected it tonight.

Wonder if Hugh still fears for his soul
The beard came to play.

Sacrifice
09-26-2015, 10:40 PM
Richie has 39 total tackles on the season. Leads the team by far.

Dallas_Dawg
09-26-2015, 10:42 PM
Yeah it was a good game Richie. But Zack Jack is the number one candidate for replacement and he played most of the game. Missed at least two tackles on the first drive alone

MetEdDawg
09-26-2015, 10:47 PM

Not saying he's as good or better than McKinney, but I believe B Mac had 75 tackles last year. Richie is more than halfway there in 4 games. Diaz knows how to coach him some damn LBs. Now if he can get Gray on the field more than Zac Jack (who was in man coverage way too damn much tonight), I will be perfectly happy.

Really Clark?
09-26-2015, 10:48 PM
Yeah it was a good game Richie. But Zack Jack is the number one candidate for replacement and he played most of the game. Missed at least two tackles on the first drive alone

He also had a huge play as well in forcing a sack, Zack I mean. His coverage wasn't bad that I recall but might have missed it.

msstate7
09-26-2015, 10:49 PM

His problem before tonight is the tackles he missed.

PassInterference
09-26-2015, 10:52 PM
Our tackling sucked. We gave up 8-10 yards after the 1st contact on most plays. I'll give Green a pass being a true frosh. Ritchie made some plays and missed some plays. This D as s unit still sucks at making tackles.

GreenheadDawg
09-26-2015, 10:52 PM
He also had a huge play as well in forcing a sack, Zack I mean. His coverage wasn't bad that I recall but might have missed it.

Haha, watch the replay homie. Dude is lost. Hopefully he will take Cleveland with him to the bench. But Cleveland did nut up and lay a lick on that TE

Really Clark?
09-26-2015, 10:55 PM
Haha, watch the replay homie

Which play did he miss coverage? And he was in man a good bit of I remember correctly. They threw a good bit to the outside as well. And I didn't say Gray shouldn't play more. He and Green are getting more snaps every game.

Dawg61
09-27-2015, 08:20 AM
Not saying he's as good or better than McKinney, but I believe B Mac had 75 tackles last year. Richie is more than halfway there in 4 games. Diaz knows how to coach him some damn LBs. Now if he can get Gray on the field more than Zac Jack (who was in man coverage way too damn much tonight), I will be perfectly happy.

BMac had like 120 tackles his freshman year alone

mic
09-27-2015, 08:26 AM
[QUOTE=PassInterference;419102]Our tackling sucked. We gave up 8-10 yards after the 1st contact on most plays. I'll give Green a pass being a true frosh. Ritchie made some plays and missed some plays. This D as s unit still sucks at making tackles.[/QUOT

9 points scored says our tackling wasn't that bad..

BeastMan
09-27-2015, 08:41 AM
[QUOTE=PassInterference;419102]Our tackling sucked. We gave up 8-10 yards after the 1st contact on most plays. I'll give Green a pass being a true frosh. Ritchie made some plays and missed some plays. This D as s unit still sucks at making tackles.[/QUOT

I thought it was the best tackling effort of the year.

drummerdawg
09-27-2015, 08:41 AM

No it says our red zone defense was outstanding. Our tackling was pretty bad most of the game. We did better in the 4th quarter though.

MetEdDawg
09-27-2015, 08:53 AM
BMac had like 120 tackles his freshman year alone

He had 102 tackles as a RS Freshman which was ridiculous. But he had 71 and 71 his sophomore and junior year. And that's total tackles, not solo tackles. This is where I was most disappointed not necessarily in him, but in our play, scheme, and substituting as a whole on defense. A player of B Macs caliber should never have 71 tackles in a year where he plays in every game.

As far as Richie goes, through 4 games he leads the team with 39 total tackles (21 solo), 3 sacks (2nd on the team behind AJ), a pick (2nd on the team behind Redmond), 4.5 TFL (2nd on the team behind AJ), and a pass deflection. For as much crap as he's gotten about tackling (rightfully so), he's doing what he's got to do. He's getting to the QB, he's leading the team in tackles, and we saw the next level gear we've heard about last night. Great night by him and so far he's had a pretty good season leading from the middle.

Joe Schmedlap
09-27-2015, 09:08 AM
He's a darned good linebacker with speed and a nose for the football. Where he is lacking is in physicality. He is a superb outside linebacker who is a little bit undersized as a middle linebacker. He is still a great player though. I kind of wish he and Bennie were on the outside some with G. Green in the middle. JT Gray could spell one of the Browns but who would back up Green? Apparently we plan to redshirt the excellent middle linebacker we signed last February. I am not sure that is the best course of action. I do think that Z. Jackson is a liability against SEC opponents (as is Ashton Shumpert).