PDA

View Full Version : This Air Raid gameplan is bullshit.

War Machine Dawg
09-26-2015, 08:45 PM
**** you, Mullen.

MetEdDawg
09-26-2015, 08:50 PM
It's because we can't run the football against a 4 man front.

gravedigger
09-26-2015, 08:50 PM
Except for the two tds...

HereComesTheSpiral
09-26-2015, 08:53 PM
I am joining the bench Shumpert wagon

War Machine Dawg
09-26-2015, 08:56 PM
It's because we can't run the football against a 4 man front.

We haven't tried. There's a difference.

MetEdDawg
09-26-2015, 09:00 PM

Can't dispute that. We've run the ball 11 times today and 4 of them are from Dak. Our RBs have 5 carries on the day. Our current play distribution is 75/25 in favor of the pass. That is NOT the Dan Mullen offense I know.

thunderclap
09-26-2015, 09:02 PM
I am joining the bench Shumpert wagon

Me too. He has no vision. He is a good blocker and receiver out of the backfield. Time to try the other guys.

MetEdDawg
09-26-2015, 09:05 PM
Me too. He has no vision. He is a good blocker and receiver out of the backfield. Time to try the other guys.

All he had to do on that dump pass from Dak in the 1st half was run straight forward to pick up the first down. Instead he danced and got tackled two yards short.

War Machine Dawg
09-26-2015, 09:06 PM
All he had to do on that dump pass from Dak in the 1st half was run straight forward to pick up the first down. Instead he danced and got tackled two yards short.

Not to mention it looked like he was running with cement shoes.

MetEdDawg
09-26-2015, 09:13 PM

He does pass block well but can Lee or Aeris not run at least as good as him? How about give them one attempt?? And where the hell is Malik Dear? Can he get a second half touch?

JoseBrown
09-26-2015, 09:16 PM

I'm really starting to think we came into this year to show the NFL that Dak is a pocket passer. Don't think we really wanna let Dak run effectively. Or be a 50/50 run pass team.

BulldogBear
09-26-2015, 09:50 PM

Truth

Hypnodawg
09-26-2015, 09:54 PM
I'm really starting to think we came into this year to show the NFL that Dak is a pocket passer. Don't think we really wanna let Dak run effectively. Or be a 50/50 run pass team.

I can think of no other logical conclusion

MetEdDawg
09-26-2015, 09:57 PM

50/50? Try 67/33. We threw it 41 times and ran it 21. Only 62 plays tonight. 41 of them were passes and three of the runs were victory formation. That can't be the long term plan unless like has been said the plan is to show Dak off. I will add though that Dak is throwing the ball pretty darn well.

HailState39110
09-26-2015, 09:57 PM
**** you, Mullen.

I disagree . 5 wide is our identity . We play like an NFL team . pass to set up the run. We don't have a feature back . This is how we roll

HoopsDawg
09-26-2015, 09:59 PM

I'm ready to move Shump to H-back. But for some reason Mullen has taken that position completely out of the offense.

dotcomdawg
09-26-2015, 09:59 PM
we had 52 yds rushing going into the 4th quarter

Jarius
09-26-2015, 10:00 PM
We just beat someone's ass. Get a life

GreenheadDawg
09-26-2015, 10:05 PM
Where the **** is Donald gray?? Mullen goes full retard with personnel

t45fixer
09-26-2015, 10:09 PM
If we gotta go go all ha mummie on teams doesn't phase me whatsoever.

drunkernhelldawg
09-26-2015, 10:12 PM
I give Mullen credit for doing what was working. Thought we might see Lee and Williams but maybe next time. Winning is tougher than it looks, and we did it. Next week, the recipe might be different.

Saltydog
09-26-2015, 10:13 PM
play. We didn't exactly line up and whip their asses. Matter o' fact, from the half way point of the 2 qtr til the end of the game, it was a very evenly played game. Had they not missed some chances early on, this could've been a different outcome. This wasn't the kinda outcome that gives me the warm and fuzzies about this team.

Intramural All-American
09-26-2015, 10:17 PM
play. We didn't exactly line up and whip their asses. Matter o' fact, from the half way point of the 2 qtr til the end of the game, it was a very evenly played game. Had they not missed some chances early on, this could've been a different outcome. This wasn't the kinda outcome that gives me the warm and fuzzies about this team.

And had we not missed some early chances against lsu, we would be top 15 in the country tomorrow. Geez, expecting us to go to auburn and humiliate this is ridiculous. Every SEC win gives me a good feeling.

Liverpooldawg
09-26-2015, 10:18 PM
**** you, Mullen.

Really. It worked. I'd say, as you have tried to prove so many times before, ......

TXDawg
The sad reality is that we can't run between the tackles with this O-Line regardless of who the RB is. Furthermore, teams appear to have adjusted and are dedicating a spy to Dak, so his rushing opportunities are limited.

Thankfully, we've adjusted the gameplan and Dak is passing well.

dawg27
Can't dispute that. We've run the ball 11 times today and 4 of them are from Dak. Our RBs have 5 carries on the day. Our current play distribution is 75/25 in favor of the pass. That is NOT the Dan Mullen offense I know.

Can we please just enjoy the win, we got a sec win on the road. Listing to these post sounds like the old dan a dud hire hud and we won, i say it again we won.

dogshiek
09-26-2015, 10:20 PM
Can we please just enjoy the win, we got a sec win on the road. Listing to these post sounds like the old dan a dud hire hud and we won, i say it again we won.
I hate auburn. I am a contented dog.

confucius say
09-26-2015, 10:22 PM
The sad reality is that we can't run between the tackles with this O-Line regardless of who the RB is. Furthermore, teams appear to have adjusted and are dedicating a spy to Dak, so his rushing opportunities are limited.

Thankfully, we've adjusted the gameplan and Dak is passing well.

Not so sure about that. The ol is not great but solid. Holloway ran well bt the tackles.

MetEdDawg

Yeah I know. I watched. But I can still comment on the game. What's the point of a message board if you can't post about the game? Was there anything in my post that was incorrect? Did I bash anyone? No. All I said was that it wasn't the Dan Mullen offense I know and that we at that point in the game had a 75/25 pass run play distribution.

Didn't fly off the handle, say we suck, say Dan should be fired, or say we will never win another game. What I said was factually correct and a topic of discussion.

Jarius
Our fans suck donkey dick. Before the game we were worried about losing. After we win it wasn't good enough. We are a damn good football team. Support this team. Jesus ****ing Christ

Saltydog
a collegiate snap and were without several defensive starters, one of which was their best DL, and we struggle. Granted, I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day but for those acting like this was some HUGE win I disagree. We should've won the game and we did. It just wasn't a great performance by us IMO but what do I know? Matter of fact, we were outgained by that putrid Auburn offense to the tune of 327 to 389. Think about that for a minute.

bobcat91
09-26-2015, 10:23 PM
We are 3-1. Bitch about something else. An ugly win is a win.

Boya
09-26-2015, 10:24 PM
We just beat someone's ass. Get a life

No shit, we just won at Auburn...we pass because teams key the QB run. Be happy we have the personal to counter

dogshiek
09-26-2015, 10:25 PM
We are 3-1. Bitch about something else. An ugly win is a win.
You tell em bobcat!

dawg27
09-26-2015, 10:30 PM
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Yeah I know. I watched. But I can still comment on the game. What's the point of a message board if you can't post about the game? Was there anything in my post that was incorrect? Did I bash anyone? No. All I said was that it wasn't the Dan Mullen offense I know and that we at that point in the game had a 75/25 pass run play distribution.

Didn't fly off the handle, say we suck, say Dan should be fired, or say we will never win another game. What I said was factually correct and a topic of discussion.

No u had a good post i was just talking about war flying off the handle about dan passing to much, we need to run the ball more i agree, but we won lets enjoy it. By listing to some u would have thought we lost.

Liverpooldawg
09-26-2015, 10:33 PM
A question for you doom Sayers: When did we last win on the Plains?

blacklistedbully
09-26-2015, 10:37 PM
a collegiate snap and were without several defensive starters, one of which was their best DL, and we struggle. Granted, I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day but for those acting like this was some HUGE win I disagree. We should've won the game and we did. It just wasn't a great performance by us IMO but what do I know? Matter of fact, we were outgained by that putrid Auburn offense to the tune of 327 to 389. Think about that for a minute.

Yeah, but we did go conservative late to run clock, played prevent, then took 3 knees to end the game. Still, I concede the overall point.

drunkernhelldawg
09-26-2015, 10:40 PM
Very different game. Even though we lost in statistical categories that often mean a loss, we had a semblance of control for most of the game. I expect our running to improve. I'm giddy tonight, however, at how quickly and efficiently Dak distributed the ball via the pass.

MetEdDawg
09-26-2015, 10:43 PM
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

No u had a good post i was just talking about war flying off the handle about dan passing to much, we need to run the ball more i agree, but we won lets enjoy it. By listing to some u would have thought we lost.

Gotcha. And I agree with you. Too much sky is falling. I'm not overly happy with how we played and we've got some stuff to work on, but I think the important thing is I'm happy period because we won. We are 3-1 heading into College Station with a shot to put ourselves back in the national picture.

MabenMaroon
09-26-2015, 10:45 PM
Some folks on this thread definitely get it and are seeing the whole picture. You take what the opposition gives you and you exploit it. And we did just that. The run game is far easier to improve upon than developing pass protection and a passing game as the season progresses We won for the first time in Jordan Hare in 8 years. We won and we have still have a ton of room to improve, we are a work in progress and we will improve. We will win some games by running the ball this year when it is necessary to do so.
I have read these threads on different boards for several years now and seen the same folks who are now complaining about our heavy pass lean, complained to no end in the past that we do not open it up enough and try to run it up the middle too much. We ran it up the middle against Auburn at the right times and picked up some crucial first downs ( thank you Brandon Holloway ). We didn't necessarily score on those drives but we shortened the game, maintained field position and kept the ball away from Aubie when it seemed like they were on the verge of seizing the momentum. We won the game by means that were necessary and saved a lot of wear and tear on Dak in the process.
As the season progresses and D Lee, the A-Train and M Dear learn their playbook a little better and develop the non-running aspects of their skill set we will see a better running game and will become better balanced and become a monster offense. Also some of the more physically talented young O-line will get more and more playing time and will start opening some holes for the running game. I like how it is setting up.

Liverpooldawg
09-26-2015, 10:50 PM
**** you, Mullen.

Perhaps you need to shut your stuff down for a while. If we start losing you might have a market.

Intramural All-American
09-26-2015, 10:52 PM
Some people are just stubborn and not smart when it comes to football, especially MSU football. People are complaining that we are throwing more than running. Well, if our QB and WR positions were the best positions on our team, that would make sense... oh wait, they are. So instead of people agreeing with Dan for playing to our strengths, they criticize him for not playing "typical MSU football." Our passing attack was on point tonight, but instead of people being happy that we one, they complain that our poor run game wasn't utilized (probably unsuccessfully) more. Style points don't matter. Uniforms don't matter. Stats don't matter. Wins matter, and at the end of the day, that is the only thing that matters.

ScoobaDawg
09-26-2015, 10:53 PM
**** you, Mullen.

Chill. It might not work against Bama or other teams but It did tonight.We exploited what we could and won.
So chill on your cussing Mullen out.. you know the Coach who just won. You know.. HIS JOB

Liverpooldawg
09-26-2015, 10:57 PM
**** you, Mullen.

What is your website again? I don't want to click on it ACCEDENTALY.

Five-tool Poster
09-26-2015, 11:00 PM
**** you, Mullen.

Unbelievable

Dawg496
09-26-2015, 11:01 PM
We have the worst fans in the country. OP is trying way too hard to be cool.

Liverpooldawg
09-26-2015, 11:03 PM
We have the worst fans in the country. OP is trying way too hard to be cool.

The OP has what purports to be a MSU blog.

Dawg496
09-26-2015, 11:11 PM
The OP has what purports to be a MSU blog.

With "Bulldogs" like him who needs Rebels?

Todd4State
09-26-2015, 11:13 PM
Some folks on this thread definitely get it and are seeing the whole picture. You take what the opposition gives you and you exploit it. And we did just that. The run game is far easier to improve upon than developing pass protection and a passing game as the season progresses We won for the first time in Jordan Hare in 8 years. We won and we have still have a ton of room to improve, we are a work in progress and we will improve. We will win some games by running the ball this year when it is necessary to do so.
I have read these threads on different boards for several years now and seen the same folks who are now complaining about our heavy pass lean, complained to no end in the past that we do not open it up enough and try to run it up the middle too much. We ran it up the middle against Auburn at the right times and picked up some crucial first downs ( thank you Brandon Holloway ). We didn't necessarily score on those drives but we shortened the game, maintained field position and kept the ball away from Aubie when it seemed like they were on the verge of seizing the momentum. We won the game by means that were necessary and saved a lot of wear and tear on Dak in the process.
As the season progresses and D Lee, the A-Train and M Dear learn their playbook a little better and develop the non-running aspects of their skill set we will see a better running game and will become better balanced and become a monster offense. Also some of the more physically talented young O-line will get more and more playing time and will start opening some holes for the running game. I like how it is setting up.

I hope the freshmen play more. I think the really frustrating thing for me is I know we have players that can run the ball- we just don't use them because of whatever silly coachspeak reason. Dear performed when given the chance.

I sincerely hope that when we play Troy that Lee drives whomever he is blocking into the bushes. I don't know what else it is going to take.

Liverpooldawg
09-26-2015, 11:20 PM
With "Bulldogs" like him who needs Rebels?

Exactly.

Bert Stare
09-26-2015, 11:27 PM

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2015, 11:34 PM
**** you, Mullen.

Wow, not reading your articles anymore

sleepy dawg
09-26-2015, 11:37 PM
Some people are just stubborn and not smart when it comes to football, especially MSU football. People are complaining that we are throwing more than running. Well, if our QB and WR positions were the best positions on our team, that would make sense... oh wait, they are. So instead of people agreeing with Dan for playing to our strengths, they criticize him for not playing "typical MSU football." Our passing attack was on point tonight, but instead of people being happy that we one, they complain that our poor run game wasn't utilized (probably unsuccessfully) more. Style points don't matter. Uniforms don't matter. Stats don't matter. Wins matter, and at the end of the day, that is the only thing that matters.

This, all day long. Our QBs and WRs are the best players on the field. Why would they not be the focus of our offense? I know every pass wasn't perfect and we dropped a couple of balls, but our WRs are freaking good. #1 had 2 absolutely amazing catches tonight... 1 got called back, but it was still an insane play on his part. We have to play into those strengths, especially when teams are trying to stop Dak from running at all costs.

BayouDawg
09-27-2015, 12:14 AM
Here's my take on the game.
1. We won on the road in the SEC West
2. It wasn't the prettiest but we got it done
3. We can't run the ball effectively with shumpert as the feature back
4. Shumpert is a skinnier Dontae Walker. Tip toes to the line and falls down.
5. Dak has improved as a passer and our receivers are very good. We could be very dangerous if we could find a running game to go along with it.
6. Torrey Dale doesn't need to play much anymore along with Zach Jackson
7. Still too many missed tackles
Those are the main things that stand out to me. This game reminded me a lot of the LSU vs Auburn game in 2012. That was Auburn's last stand that season and they almost beat LSU on the plains. I figured we would get Auburn's last stand tonight and I think we did and we made it through with a victory. Auburn may turn it around and make it to a bowl because Gus is a better coach than Gene. I didn't figure we would blow them out because I knew we would get their last good effort probably for the season. There are still a lot of things we have to fix, but we are 3-1 (1-1) with a chance at 9 to 10 win season. If we tackle better in D and find a running game then a 9 or 10 win season is very possible. If we don't find a running game 6-6 is probably where we land maybe 7-5. I'm still waiting on the attacking manny defense. I hope it's not that CDM is meddling in the D like Cohen Meddles in the pitching. Bottom line is we still have a lot to play for heading in College Station next week.

Liverpooldawg
09-27-2015, 12:18 AM
Here's my take on the game.
1. We won on the road in the SEC West
2. It wasn't the prettiest but we got it done
3. We can't run the ball effectively with shumpert as the feature back
4. Shumpert is a skinnier Dontae Walker. Tip toes to the line and falls down.
5. Dak has improved as a passer and our receivers are very good. We could be very dangerous if we could find a running game to go along with it.
6. Torrey Dale doesn't need to play much anymore along with Zach Jackson
7. Still too many missed tackles
Those are the main things that stand out to me. This game reminded me a lot of the LSU vs Auburn game in 2012. That was Auburn's last stand that season and they almost beat LSU on the plains. I figured we would get Auburn's last stand tonight and I think we did and we made it through with a victory. Auburn may turn it around and make it to a bowl because Gus is a better coach than Gene. I didn't figure we would blow them out because I knew we would get their last good effort probably for the season. There are still a lot of things we have to fix, but we are 3-1 (1-1) with a chance at 9 to 10 win season. If we tackle better in D and find a running game then a 9 or 10 win season is very possible. If we don't find a running game 6-6 is probably where we land maybe 7-5. I'm still waiting on the attacking manny defense. I hope it's not that CDM is meddling in the D like Cohen Meddles in the pitching. Bottom line is we still have a lot to play for heading in College Station next week.

Yep, except if I remember the Manny D correctly it did attack, but it was a bend don't break thing for the most part. That is sort of what we seem to have now. It DID create more turnovers than we are now.

BayouDawg
09-27-2015, 12:29 AM
Yep, except if I remember the Manny D correctly it did attack, but it was a bend don't break thing for the most part. That is sort of what we seem to have now. It DID create more turnovers than we are now.
Yea and probably some of the the soft cushion this year is due to our below average safeties. In 2010 we had Charles Mitchell, Wade Bonner, and Whitley back there so that allowed us to be able to attack more. I haven't been disappointed with Manny, but I haven't been over enthused about it either. Hopefully it'll continue to improve

Todd4State
09-27-2015, 12:37 AM
Yea and probably some of the the soft cushion this year is due to our below average safeties. In 2010 we had Charles Mitchell, Wade Bonner, and Whitley back there so that allowed us to be able to attack more. I haven't been disappointed with Manny, but I haven't been over enthused about it either. Hopefully it'll continue to improve

I noticed a lot more Brandon Bryant today. That was good to see.

BayouDawg
09-27-2015, 12:41 AM
I noticed a lot more Brandon Bryant today. That was good to see.

Yea that was very good to see! Now we just gotta get JT in there instead of Zach Jackson more often

dawg27
09-27-2015, 12:41 AM

Nailed it great post.

War Machine Dawg
09-27-2015, 12:46 AM

Lee & A-Train have been on campus for 15 months. If our playbook is so ****ing complicated that it takes 2 years to learn it as a RB, that's a coaching problem. I highly doubt knowledge of the playbook is why Lee & Williams aren't playing.

War Machine Dawg
09-27-2015, 12:51 AM
Wow, not reading your articles anymore

You realize I posted this during the game, not after, right? We went Air Raid on a team that gives up 270 rushing yards a game. It worked. Doesn't mean I like it. We had 18 rushes tonight. I'm subtracting the 3 in the victory formation. Our strength may be our QB & WRs, but 18 rush attempts against THAT run D? C'mon, mane. What really pisses me off about it is a) how inconsistent it makes our offense to throw so much and b) how long we leave the D on the field because the clock is constantly stopping. But you'll have to read tomorrow for the full explanation.

Dawg61
09-27-2015, 01:47 AM
You realize I posted this during the game, not after, right? We went Air Raid on a team that gives up 270 rushing yards a game. It worked. Doesn't mean I like it. We had 18 rushes tonight. I'm subtracting the 3 in the victory formation. Our strength may be our QB & WRs, but 18 rush attempts against THAT run D? C'mon, mane. What really pisses me off about it is a) how inconsistent it makes our offense to throw so much and b) how long we leave the D on the field because the clock is constantly stopping. But you'll have to read tomorrow for the full explanation.

We passed it till they abandoned the run stopping defense. They never abandoned it so we never stopped passing. The goal was always pass to set up the run. They just never let us run. Oh well. They lost. We won. Only thing I'm pissed about was after Dak threw a 40 yard TD bomb to a wide open Myles we NEVER THREW IT DEEP AGAIN!! That shit was open all day long and Mullen's enflammed vag-na never once tried it again even after it was successful. I'm not actually mad though cause we did just beat Auburn and I'll take a win over Auburn however we get it any time we get it!!

Tripp McNeely
09-27-2015, 09:11 AM
AJ Brown probably liked it

War Machine Dawg
09-27-2015, 09:19 AM
We passed it till they abandoned the run stopping defense. They never abandoned it so we never stopped passing. The goal was always pass to set up the run. They just never let us run. Oh well. They lost. We won. Only thing I'm pissed about was after Dak threw a 40 yard TD bomb to a wide open Myles we NEVER THREW IT DEEP AGAIN!! That shit was open all day long and Mullen's enflammed vag-na never once tried it again even after it was successful. I'm not actually mad though cause we did just beat Auburn and I'll take a win over Auburn however we get it any time we get it!!

Amen. It's a great day to be a Bulldog!

Aquadawg
09-27-2015, 09:51 AM
Not true!
Many people are talking about our running game being a big issue against Auburn. You are really missing a point. That being... Whenever we ran 5 wides Auburn had absolutely no answer what so ever. That being the case and people are concerned about the running game. Their defenses was very very conscious of Daks running ability when we line up 5wide that it was like having another player on the field. So in effect his running abilty was affecting their ability to defend or the threat of Dak running was in their head. We ate their lunch in the 5 wide offense and if we hang on to the ball a little better on the receiving end we win this game easily. Some might even say why the heck didn't we do it more.
Over all we had a pretty effective game plan to beat Aub at home and it worked...

I seen it dawg
09-27-2015, 09:57 AM
u r a collosal piece of dog shit. phuck u and your bizzaro world genes page blog. i hope u go broke and have to give handjobs to truckers just to buy breakfast.

Lol this is outstanding

Coach007
09-27-2015, 10:06 AM
Right now msu is #6 in the country in passing attempts. We are next to last #127 in the nation in rushing ATTEMPTS.

Last season, we rushed 45 attempts vs 33 passing

tcdog70
09-27-2015, 10:20 AM

Absolutely. Dan has seen what we are capable of . Our strength is our QB and wide outs. Most of our passes are just extended hand offs that put our player in space. The Strength of our OL is in pass protection not run blocking. I wouldn't care if we went 70-30 pass to run, who gives a shit if it works. Just Win Baby. If our TE doesn't get stripped we a primed to go up 21 to zip.

Dawgtini
09-27-2015, 01:29 PM

This is the most realistic, beat reasoned post I have read on this thread so far. Well done.

Dog316
09-27-2015, 06:22 PM
I can think of no other logical conclusion

<><><>~>~>~>><><><

I can think of one. Our OLine has not jelled yet when it comes to running against SEC caliber defenses. Hopefully they will. You don't have to be a football coach to see that we have a problem with run blocking. When Dak can't run it, there is a problem. I just thankful we can pass. Without the forward pass there would be a lot of 4th and 7s. Great coaches are always smart enough to play to their strengths. Foolish coaches try to maintain a balance when they don't have the tools or both run and pass.

Got to love the folks who know more than Dan, otherwise you would just straight up tell them how arrogant they really are. That's it for me.

Jack Lambert
09-27-2015, 06:25 PM
If we gotta go go all ha mummie on teams doesn't phase me whatsoever.

Amen Brother just win.