PDA

View Full Version : Dobbs to Dak

defiantdog
09-26-2015, 04:16 PM
Josh Dobbs has been compared to Dak a lot in this game. When was the last time we had a qb with this much exposure?

msstate7
09-26-2015, 04:18 PM
Madkin?**

Taco
09-26-2015, 04:19 PM
I heard them compare Grier to Henig**

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2015, 04:20 PM
Josh Dobbs has been compared to Dak a lot in this game. When was the last time we had a qb with this much exposure?

Uh, last year when Dak was winning the Heisman chase.

We are a big boy football program now. Fitz runs as well as Dobbs & probably has a better arm, & Staley has a better arm than both while also being able to run.

Get used to it

CadaverDawg

The worst part about that, is that they are running Dobbs like we did Dak last year and winning.....meanwhile, we have quit running Dak like we did last year and are losing. I wish someone would make Mullen watch this first half by Tennessee, and then say, "why did we quit letting Dak be Dak?"

defiantdog
Ha! Love it

CadaverDawg
09-26-2015, 04:21 PM

I laughed

msstate7
09-26-2015, 04:25 PM
Fitz runs as well as Dobbs

Fitz has played in mop up duty vs 2 weak teams. Dobbs is torching one of the best defenses in the sec. Might wanna let fitz get a carry in the sec or even a contested game before saying that.

I love fitz, but don't think he's earned your statement yet

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2015, 04:37 PM
Fitz has played in mop up duty vs 2 weak teams. Dobbs is torching one of the best defenses in the sec. Might wanna let fitz get a carry in the sec or even a contested game before saying that.

I love fitz, but don't think he's earned your statement yet

Uh, I can tell how fast guys are & look up bios to see who is bigger. Fitz has the running ability of Dobbs. I can say that

Dawg61
09-26-2015, 04:43 PM
The worst part about that, is that they are running Dobbs like we did Dak last year and winning.....meanwhile, we have quit running Dak like we did last year and are losing. I wish someone would make Mullen watch this first half by Tennessee, and then say, "why did we quit letting Dak be Dak?"

There's only so many carries in Dak's body. Let's say you get 150 carries with Dak. How do you want them distributed out over a 13 game season? Running 20 times vs Auburn means you only get 5 carries vs Ole Miss. It's not an exact science obviously but just like a pitcher has only so many innings a QB has only so many carries in his body before he breaks down.

OldFatDog
09-26-2015, 04:46 PM

"and are losing" .... Wow. We have lost one game against a top ten team by two points. My only problem with being a State fan is having to read other State fans' comments if I want to read a message board. Damn.

Taco
09-26-2015, 04:50 PM
"and are losing" .... Wow. We have lost one game against a top ten team by two points. My only problem with being a State fan is having to read other State fans' comments if I want to read a message board. Damn.

I mean our other games were Southern and NW St

CadaverDawg
09-26-2015, 04:52 PM

Oh im sorry, am I supposed to rejoice in big wins over USM and NWS? Yippee!!! Happy?

We squeaked past Arkansas at home last year, and since then, we have lost to Bama, lost to Ole Miss, lost to Georgia Tech, and lost to LSU.....while beating the likes of Vandy, USM, and NWS. So yea, we've been losing. And until Dan figures out how to move the football early in big games again, we will continue to lose. We quit going to our bread and butter.

And if you don't like reading the board.....that little "x" in the corner will take your ass right out of here.

Dawg61
09-26-2015, 04:58 PM
I imagine Dan hasn't forgotten the really bad stinger Dak got vs aTm two years ago that was dangerously close to career threatening. He must be treating Dak like a pitching coach treats a pitcher coming off of Tommy John.

CadaverDawg
09-26-2015, 05:01 PM
I imagine Dan hasn't forgotten the really bad stinger Dak got vs aTm two years ago that was dangerously close to career threatening. He must be treating Dak like a pitching coach treats a pitcher coming off of Tommy John.

Well then put Fitz in, because you can't played scared football and expect to be successful. That is the exact mentality our team has played with against good teams since the Arkansas game last year. Sissy ball. let's come out aggressive and punch someone in the mouth both offensively and defensively tonight. I miss what we looked like early last season.....we haven't seen that in a while

OldFatDog
09-26-2015, 05:22 PM
Oh im sorry, am I supposed to rejoice in big wins over USM and NWS? Yippee!!! Happy?

We squeaked past Arkansas at home last year, and since then, we have lost to Bama, lost to Ole Miss, lost to Georgia Tech, and lost to LSU.....while beating the likes of Vandy, USM, and NWS. So yea, we've been losing. And until Dan figures out how to move the football early in big games again, we will continue to lose. We quit going to our bread and butter.

And if you don't like reading the board.....that little "x" in the corner will take your ass right out of here.

Do you think that our lack of success late in the season last year might have had something to do with the hits that Dak took in the first half of the season. He was never the same after the Kentucky game. Last year we won ten regular season games, something that neither us or Mississippi has ever done. This year, we are 2-1. I think we are winning a hell of a lot more than we are losing. But it's been a long time since I slept at a Holiday Inn Express.

CadaverDawg
09-26-2015, 05:27 PM
Do you think that our lack of success late in the season last year might have had something to do with the hits that Dak took in the first half of the season. He was never the same after the Kentucky game. Last year we won ten regular season games, something that neither us or Mississippi has ever done. This year, we are 2-1. I think we are winning a hell of a lot more than we are losing. But it's been a long time since I slept at a Holiday Inn Express.

That's garbage....I could easily say the only reason we won as many as we did in the first place last year, was because we ran Dak. Getting banged up as a QB in Mullen's system, is part of the gig. That's why we have the quality backups we have....yet for some reason this season, when we actually have good backups, we aren't using Dak as much on the ground.

Is our object to win games, or to play sissy ball and try not to get anyone dinged up? Would you prefer us have a healthy Dak when we enter the Arkansas game with 4 losses because we've been protecting him all season? I would rather have a dinged up Dak and start 8-0 personally....but I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night either.

You play to win the damn game. Period. And we didn't do that in the first half vs LSU on offense. (Or against Bama, or OM last year in the first half on offense)

msstate7
09-26-2015, 05:36 PM
Sorry shotgun... Fitz gonna have to prove he's better than Dobbs running. Dobbs is hell on the ground

CadaverDawg
09-26-2015, 05:37 PM
Sorry shotgun... Fitz gonna have to prove he's better than Dobbs running. Dobbs is hell on the ground

Yea, Shotgun missed on that one. He may end up being as good....hell I hope so....but that is just not accurate right now.

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2015, 05:41 PM
Yea, Shotgun missed on that one. He may end up being as good....hell I hope so....but that is just not accurate right now.

Just talking talent levels here fellas. Obviously Nick hasn't played yet & Dobbs has.

On another note, I just saw Staley do the Stanky Leg in front of the Auburn student section. He may actually be the guy that has "It".

CadaverDawg
09-26-2015, 05:42 PM
Just talking talent levels here fellas. Obviously Nick hasn't played yet & Dobbs has.

On another note, I just saw Staley do the Stanky Leg in front of the Auburn student section. He may actually be the guy that has "It".

Haha

Dawg61
09-26-2015, 05:43 PM
Well then put Fitz in, because you can't played scared football and expect to be successful. That is the exact mentality our team has played with against good teams since the Arkansas game last year. Sissy ball. let's come out aggressive and punch someone in the mouth both offensively and defensively tonight. I miss what we looked like early last season.....we haven't seen that in a while

I agree with you I'm just giving you my interpretation of what we're seeing. I am definitely in favor of Fitz being used like freshman Tebow.

Dawg61
09-26-2015, 05:44 PM

If "it" is a future temper tantrum and full melt than yes yes he does.

Taco
09-26-2015, 05:45 PM
I agree with you I'm just giving you my interpretation of what we're seeing. I am definitely in favor of Fitz being used like freshman Tebow.

Use em both hell Staleys big ass will bring the pain

IMissJack
09-26-2015, 05:48 PM

I understand protecting Dak, but I think you have to let him play like normal. We are in the best shape we have ever been in at QB, got to win the ones you can.

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2015, 05:49 PM
If "it" is a future temper tantrum and full melt than yes yes he does.

Maybe, but people do mature.

Was just pointing out that Staley enjoys the big stage & isn't a dear in head lights. Those attributes can help a QB in this conference

Dawg61
09-26-2015, 05:52 PM
Maybe, but people do mature.

Was just pointing out that Staley enjoys the big stage & isn't a dear in head lights. Those attributes can help a QB in this conference

I'm all for Nickjah Fitzley playing snaps.

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2015, 05:54 PM
I'm all for Nickjah Fitzley playing snaps.

Agree, that guy would be really good. A left handed Cam Newton with more touch

Dawg61
09-26-2015, 05:59 PM
Agree, that guy would be really good. A left handed Cam Newton with more touch

Nick head
Staley arm
Nick speed
Staley size

Good luck stopping that

OldFatDog
09-26-2015, 06:58 PM
That's garbage....I could easily say the only reason we won as many as we did in the first place last year, was because we ran Dak. Getting banged up as a QB in Mullen's system, is part of the gig. That's why we have the quality backups we have....yet for some reason this season, when we actually have good backups, we aren't using Dak as much on the ground.

Is our object to win games, or to play sissy ball and try not to get anyone dinged up? Would you prefer us have a healthy Dak when we enter the Arkansas game with 4 losses because we've been protecting him all season? I would rather have a dinged up Dak and start 8-0 personally....but I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night either.

You play to win the damn game. Period. And we didn't do that in the first half vs LSU on offense. (Or against Bama, or OM last year in the first half on offense)

Bunch of sissies. Dak didn't run the ball a damn time on the TD drive.