PDA

View Full Version : A solid win today

MetEdDawg
09-26-2015, 04:09 PM
And we've got a decent chance to get into the Top 20 and really gain some momentum going into @TAMU. We sit 26th right now. #20 Ga Tech lost to Duke. #22 BYU got blanked 31-0 by Michigan. Texas has taken the lead on #24 OKSU. #25 Mizzou takes on UK and I think they lose tonight. #19 USC has a tough matchup @Arizona State. #18 Utah plays #13 Oregon tonight. A bad loss could knock them out.

A win tonight puts us 3-1 with some important momentum going into TAMU. Beat them and we have a good shot at being 7-1 going into our bye week to prepare for @Mizzou and very likely a Top 10 ranking. Always seems like a win or loss in this game defines our season. I think a statement on the road against Auburn, even though they aren't that great, will put the focus back on this team and have people start to talk about us again.

defiantdog
09-26-2015, 04:12 PM
And we've got a decent chance to get into the Top 20 and really gain some momentum going into @TAMU. We sit 26th right now. #20 Ga Tech lost to Duke. #22 BYU got blanked 31-0 by Michigan. Texas has taken the lead on #24 OKSU. #25 Mizzou takes on UK and I think they lose tonight. #19 USC has a tough matchup @Arizona State. #18 Utah plays #13 Oregon tonight. A bad loss could knock them out.

A win tonight puts us 3-1 with some important momentum going into TAMU. Beat them and we have a good shot at being 7-1 going into our bye week to prepare for @Mizzou and very likely a Top 10 ranking. Always seems like a win or loss in this game defines our season. I think a statement on the road against Auburn, even though they aren't that great, will propel us forward into the manageable portion of our schedule.

Rankings are a joke right now. We lose to LSU and we're 26th. USC loses to Stanford and they're 19th.

CadaverDawg
09-26-2015, 04:13 PM

A win tonight puts us 3-1 with some important momentum going into TAMU. Beat them and we have a good shot at being 7-1 going into our bye week to prepare for @Mizzou and very likely a Top 10 ranking. Always seems like a win or loss in this game defines our season. I think a statement on the road against Auburn, even though they aren't that great, will propel us forward into the manageable portion of our schedule.

Great post. I agree.

I hope we leave it all on the field tonight, both players AND coaches. This is a big one. Win tonight, and everything changes. Lose tonight, and we can just start hoping for 6 wins and a bowl, and start looking forward to Malik and Chicken.

MetEdDawg
09-26-2015, 04:25 PM
I think the big thing is that if we can win big today, we will be the 2nd biggest game next week behind Bama UGA. Puts the spotlight squarely back on us in a big conference road game probably in prime time.