PDA

View Full Version : An inconvenient truth

gravedigger
09-26-2015, 12:21 PM
Lsu isnt that good. They basically hold blatantly on every play and pray they dont get caught on plays that matter.

They are a decent team because of fournette, but pretty average beyond that.

Syracuse is proving we should have beaten lsu and not with a comeback.

bluelightstar
09-26-2015, 12:23 PM
I'm inclined to agree.

Political Hack
09-26-2015, 12:23 PM
25 minutes of football in NY against an OOC > 120 minutes of SEC quality football???

I don't think so. They're good. They've just had 2 huge drops that likely cost them 14 points.

Liverpooldawg
09-26-2015, 12:27 PM
They are killing themselves. Penalties have basically stopped all their drives.

HSVDawg
09-26-2015, 12:30 PM
I didn't think they were very good before we played them and still don't think so. We shit the bed so hard in that game.

Saltydog
09-26-2015, 12:32 PM
have lost that game.

Political Hack
09-26-2015, 12:35 PM
Lmao off. Everyone gravitated to their QB because they can't point to anything else on the team that is even a question mark. Harris has played well except 1 play.

DownwardDawg
09-26-2015, 12:36 PM
And Nebraska is toying with USM. Today is giving me major concern.

msstate7
09-26-2015, 12:37 PM
Georgia only up 20-6 over a swac school at halftime. I don't think sec teams are giving OOC the attention they need to. I don't think an sec team wins the natty again this year

msstate7
09-26-2015, 12:37 PM

Well if lsu is bad, what does that say about auburn?

Coach34
09-26-2015, 12:39 PM
LSU is just trying to get thru the game today. They aren't up for this game one bit.

GreenheadDawg
09-26-2015, 12:40 PM

You're just now concerned? We have a lot of deficiencies. And on top of that, I was hoping LSU would ruin UMs chances for th west but that looks like a pipe dream now

gravedigger
09-26-2015, 12:42 PM
Lmao off. Everyone gravitated to their QB because they can't point to anything else on the team that is even a question mark. Harris has played well except 1 play.

Laugh if u want. Time will tell. Lsu allowed a sack vs a 3 man front. I feel like im being generous saying the are decent. I do hope im wrong and its just been a bad 30 min of football

BulldogBear
09-26-2015, 12:50 PM

Well if lsu is bad, what does that say about auburn?

Both of these make tonight interesting. I'm getting more nervous as kickoff approaches.

Despite my 24-14 pick I'm inclined in my gut this morning to feel we will either find a way to lose or win something like 41-12. Wreckers or Checkers.

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2015, 12:51 PM
I can't imagine some of you on here have ever coached or owned a business. The knee jerk reactions & lack of understanding of how a team's play may be different each week depending on the opponent & location of the game, is simply hilarious & ridiculous at the same time.

Seriously? Worried about our game tonight because Nebraska is blowing out Southern Miss at home?

Seriously? Saying that LSU has no chance to beat UNM because they are struggling with Syracuse, in the Carrier Dome, on East Coast time, for an 11:00 AM game?

These players aren't robots. You don't plug in recruiting ranking, national ranking, & scheme and all the sudden get a consistent answer. These are human beings that play well some days & other days not. These are human beings that are excited to go to work some days & other days ask,"Why the F*&* am I here?"

If you can't understand that, then it's waste of time trying to explain it to you

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-26-2015, 12:51 PM
I think the biggest problem is they are doing the same thing a few SEC teams did in the bowl games. Not get up for their opponent. I really think the hype of the SEC match-ups and the rivalries that are being established (see Texas A&M becoming relevant and beating SEC teams for example, not to mention the rise of the Miss. schools the past few years), when an SEC team goes into a place like Syracuse without much hype, they just don't show up. Likewise, these out of conference teams are not only playing LSU for example today...they are playing Alabama, Georgia and the rest of the SEC in their minds. Nothing to lose and everything to gain.

No way you're going to tell me Syracuse can measure up to LSU man for man. Hell, they're playing a 5th string QB.

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2015, 12:52 PM
My goodness we have a PU*** fan base.

Fellas, we are going to fine tonight, have confidence & know that we are going to win by 10+ tonight. R.E.L.A.X

msstate7
09-26-2015, 12:57 PM
Good news boys...

22-7 Nebraska now, so maybe we have a shot tonight haha

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2015, 01:00 PM
Good news boys...

22-7 Nebraska now, so maybe we have a shot tonight haha

Whooo, I was getting so worried.......*

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa246/greenmile71/Rodney-Dangerfield.gif

gravedigger
09-26-2015, 01:05 PM
My goodness we have a PU*** fan base.

Fellas, we are going to fine tonight, have confidence & know that we are going to win by 10+ tonight. R.E.L.A.X

Look captain obvious, if lsu is not as good as expected, and whipped auburn, then yea, we should win today.

But it also means our loss to lsu is a bad sign. Its not doomsday. But its an indication of an issue (strategy) that we may struggle with.

Dak, our strength and trump card cannot out athlete opposing teams if we are predictable.

Surely you see this.

Liverpooldawg
09-26-2015, 01:09 PM
You have the best RB in decades and he doesn't touch the ball inside the 10? LSU is killing themselves in this game.

msstate7
09-26-2015, 01:11 PM
You have the best RB in decades and he doesn't touch the ball inside the 10? LSU is killing themselves in this game.

Williams and guice aren't bad either. No excuse for not letting a rb run there

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2015, 01:12 PM
Look captain obvious, if lsu is not as good as expected, and whipped auburn, then yea, we should win today.

But it also means our loss to lsu is a bad sign. Its not doomsday. But its an indication of an issue (strategy) that we may struggle with.

Dak, our strength and trump card cannot out athlete opposing teams if we are predictable.

Surely you see this.

just stop

Your embarrassing yourself

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2015, 01:20 PM
Wow... LSU just improved 10 fold at halftime. Maybe we do have a chance...*

Liverpooldawg
09-26-2015, 01:25 PM
LSU is just going through the motions and still winning on the road in one of the stranger venues in college football. They have made enough mistakes to lose three games too.

NCDawg
09-26-2015, 01:29 PM
We could have beaten LSU IF Dak had run the ball.

Political Hack
09-26-2015, 01:29 PM
LSU is playing awful and still beating an undefeated team on the road in a fairly decent environment.

Great teams win games even when they play poorly. Mullen does that too, which is one of the reasons I love him as our head coach so much.

Liverpooldawg
09-26-2015, 01:34 PM
Whoever was calling the plays finally decided to quit the cute stuff and just give him ball. Somebody like him only comes around 3-4 times in a generation. When you get him, you use him. 219 yards.

Bully13
09-26-2015, 01:34 PM
LSU is playing awful and still beating an undefeated team on the road in a fairly decent environment.

Great teams win games even when they play poorly. Mullen does that too, which is one of the reasons I love him as our head coach so much.

Agreed. The dumbassedry on this board is getting ridiculous. I checked with 8 minutes left in the 3rd and cuse had 98 yds.

gravedigger
09-26-2015, 02:02 PM
Wow... LSU just improved 10 fold at halftime. Maybe we do have a chance...*

You're right. Whats more we did score two more points vs this defense without the advantage of having a 5th string east coast qb.

thunderclap
09-26-2015, 02:04 PM
A lot of you would be horrible gamblers.

War Machine Dawg
09-26-2015, 02:11 PM
The amount of estrogen flowing around this board is mind boggling.

Also, anyone still want to rip on Brandon Harris at QB? He's doing exactly what they need: Be efficient and occasionally make a big play.

archdog
09-26-2015, 02:20 PM
Anyone heard of "any given Saturday"?

HSVDawg
09-26-2015, 02:36 PM
I can't imagine some of you on here have ever coached or owned a business. The knee jerk reactions & lack of understanding of how a team's play may be different each week depending on the opponent & location of the game, is simply hilarious & ridiculous at the same time.

Seriously? Worried about our game tonight because Nebraska is blowing out Southern Miss at home?

Seriously? Saying that LSU has no chance to beat UNM because they are struggling with Syracuse, in the Carrier Dome, on East Coast time, for an 11:00 AM game?

These players aren't robots. You don't plug in recruiting ranking, national ranking, & scheme and all the sudden get a consistent answer. These are human beings that play well some days & other days not. These are human beings that are excited to go to work some days & other days ask,"Why the F*&* am I here?"

If you can't understand that, then it's waste of time trying to explain it to you

The truth is that we are the team that we are regardless of what LSU or USM does going forward. None of that shit matters tonight or any other Saturday for the rest of the season. Regardless, I still view LSU coming in and beating us at our place as a significant upset (and no, I don't give a damn whether Vegas thought it was an upset or not). I thought before we played and still think now that we are a better team than they are, and it still pisses me off to no end that we choked it away.

Todd4State
09-26-2015, 03:01 PM
So, USM looked pretty respectable and LSU did OK on the road?

Moving along...