PDA

View Full Version : I'll say this about today

Coach34
09-26-2015, 10:03 AM
I finally was able to stomach watching the LSU game playback yesterday. Did I mention I'm still pissed about the delay of game penalty???

Anyway, we made some really good adjustments in the 2nd half and also grew up some as a team in that 2nd half. Our DL played well- and so did the LB'ers. We really limited Fournette. We also played alot better on the OL- and was even able to run some. We started clicking off some 4 and 5 yard runs.

LSU is coached pretty well on D and threw some good shit at our OL. One stunt they ran was genius- they tied up Desper with the DT- the playside LB was coming on a blitz and then stopped and cut toward the middle- confusing Senior because he is taught to take the inside guy when outnumbered- with the LB stopping, it gave the DE time to get by and sack Dakota. Great job by LSU and a tough blitz to handle out of the Spread.

If the team that played the 2nd half vs LSU shows up today in the 1st half- we will beatAuburn by 2 TD's. If we take another whole 1st half to adjust like we have lately- then its going to be a fight to the end and a likely loss

drummerdawg
09-26-2015, 10:21 AM
The thing that concerns me is the way NWS was able to block our ends and their runners got to the edge to get yards pretty easily.

CadaverDawg
09-26-2015, 10:26 AM
The thing that concerns me is the way NWS was able to block our ends and their runners got to the edge to get yards pretty easily.

I'm no expert, but we appeared to have really tight splits on the DL vs NWS, and I expect our ends to be out wider vs Auburn. That one simple adjustment can fix that issue and force everything back inside. We may have been baiting Auburn into it...but I doubt it

msstate7
09-26-2015, 10:36 AM
Looking back at last year's tackle leaders against auburn, I noticed Calhoun led us with 6 and Redmond had 5. We're gonna need them tackling well on the edges again this year. Oh and Zach Jackson had 5 too, so I'd expect him to play a lot of snaps

Political Hack
09-26-2015, 10:39 AM
Auburn liked you to have wide splits and help the Aqaba get into the right run checks. With a freshman Arab starting expect us to do some stuff early to confuse him. Show him something and then take it away... If they even let him audible. I have a feeling we'll feel them out in the first drive. Can he check? Are they gonna run tempo with him? Etc...

I also expect them to try to take the top off the defense very quickly. Would love to see one of our guys come down with it, but they're gonna try to go over the top of us early.

I'm nervous though... Even though this is a game we should win by 14+.

Coach34
09-26-2015, 10:46 AM

thats the thing- we ran a 40 Slide against NW St- sliding our ends down inside- giving them the outside

tcdog70
09-26-2015, 10:49 AM
Watching our DE they crashed down and had no contain. I guess that was the game plan. That shit won't work today. Auburn's MO is to push the edge with speed. We must turn it inside and our LBs and Safties must tackle.

Bully13
09-26-2015, 10:53 AM
every game both teams have played to this point says we should win. of course it does not always work out that way and the last few times we've played there, the better team left with a loss.

we're gonna have to 17 up to lose and the barners are going to have to find life to win. the thing that worries me is that I've never seen a program so riddled with bi-polar disorder. I know they have good players but as of now, they have no chemistry.

SDDawg
09-26-2015, 10:54 AM
The Gus bus stops today guys. He's done- the gimmick is over. State rolls.

SDDawg
09-26-2015, 10:56 AM
thats the thing- we ran a 40 Slide against NW St- sliding our ends down inside- giving them the outside

What would be the rationale to do that? What did that help us do with the personnel we had?

Coach34
09-26-2015, 11:09 AM
What would be the rationale to do that? What did that help us do with the personnel we had?

We were either trying something or giving Auburn something else to work on. We weren't concerned with NW St scoring a bunch of points on us

7dawg
09-26-2015, 11:10 AM
I wandered why Senior tried to go with the inside guy on that play. I figured since he was the outside tackle he would always have the outside rusher, being there was nobody else to pick the outside guy up. I guess the inside rusher has a more direct route to the passer if the tackle is outnumbered. Would the guard not have any responsibility in picking up the linbacker?

msstate7
09-26-2015, 11:11 AM
Seeing Nebraska run at will on usm isn't inspiring confidence in me

Liverpooldawg
09-26-2015, 11:20 AM
USM is still a bad football team.

drummerdawg
09-26-2015, 11:22 AM
We were either trying something or giving Auburn something else to work on. We weren't concerned with NW St scoring a bunch of points on us

The report of what Dan said to Manny on the sideline seems like he wasn't pleased with what we were doing schematically.

Coach34
09-26-2015, 11:34 AM
I wandered why Senior tried to go with the inside guy on that play. I figured since he was the outside tackle he would always have the outside rusher, being there was nobody else to pick the outside guy up. I guess the inside rusher has a more direct route to the passer if the tackle is outnumbered. Would the guard not have any responsibility in picking up the linbacker?

the Guard was engaged by the DT- he had no choice. It was just a great blitz design away from the side with the RB to help