PDA

View Full Version : TTDD ....... facts back up

Coach007
09-26-2015, 05:03 AM
Facts back it up. You can not win the sec without a run game. I know most of you think we can not run it, so abandon it and Pass TTDD. You don't want us to that. Its not an opinion, it is facts. Nobody wins the sec with just a passing attack. Nobody.

Dak doesn't have a winning record when there isn't much of a run game and we abandon it for passing TTDD. Bama last year, Ga tech, LSU this year. When he has to throw it anywhere near 50 times, we have not won. In fact, teams that try that don't fair well against us...... Ask tamu, UK...

Ralph
09-26-2015, 05:52 AM
Ok

Todd4State
09-26-2015, 06:24 AM
I like how you are leaving out the FACT that the reason we threw it 50 times in each of those games was because we were behind. It's not like Dan went into those games and said "hey, let's be pass first and see what happens" as his original gameplan. Even Georgia Tech, Army, Navy, etc. start throwing it when they are down.

We're just saying that if we continue to not be able to establish a running game with Shumpert AND Dan will not play the freshmen running backs- our best option to get ahead is to throw the ball.

I know that is counterintuitive to what you have been taught your whole football life- but having to throw on third and eight every time and not being able to move the ball and get ahead is just wasting possessions and keeping our defense on the field and wearing them out.

It isn't so much that some of us are against being run first- it's just that we see that we haven't been able to establish the run so far aside from Northwestern State. And we would rather try something different rather than bang our head against a brick wall because "well, you HAVE to be run first because it's the SEC."

You can still be pass first and run the ball- even in the SEC. That wouldn't be a bad idea with us especially if we continue to insist on Shumpert being the starter- get ahead throwing to our plethora of WR's and then let the freshmen who are fresh wear them out in the third and fourth quarter.

Copy, cut and pasted from my other post.

Coach007
09-26-2015, 06:41 AM
That's my point. Why were we down?

1- we stopped our style of play. All of those plays that got to #1
2- it affirms the fact that we, nor anybody else, can win the sec without a viable run game.

I'm not saying run first. I'm Saying balance.

Next is the whole play the back ups. I said it when people wanted Dak over Russell... I don't care who you put back there, the results will be the same until we can run. Shump has not been the issue. It's the plays called. Anybody looking at msu vs the first 6 to 7 games and then watching bama can see that we did not play our ball.

In the end, it comes down to this. Are we going back to the style and play calling we had last year and last week or are we going with the play calling like we did vs bama and lsu(this season).

Coach007
09-26-2015, 06:42 AM
We all agree on one thing... we dont like the results of the current plays.

bulldawg28
09-26-2015, 06:45 AM
TTDD? Throw The Damn Desk?

Coach007
09-26-2015, 06:48 AM
Disc.... come on. Think Olympics.

bulldawg28
09-26-2015, 06:52 AM
Disc.... come on. Think Olympics.

Lol..Gotcha coach.

Todd4State
09-26-2015, 07:12 AM
That's my point. Why were we down?

1- we stopped our style of play. All of those plays that got to #1
2- it affirms the fact that we, nor anybody else, can win the sec without a viable run game.

I'm not saying run first. I'm Saying balance.

Next is the whole play the back ups. I said it when people wanted Dak over Russell... I don't care who you put back there, the results will be the same until we can run. Shump has not been the issue. It's the plays called. Anybody looking at msu vs the first 6 to 7 games and then watching bama can see that we did not play our ball.

In the end, it comes down to this. Are we going back to the style and play calling we had last year and last week or are we going with the play calling like we did vs bama and lsu(this season).

No- it was because against GT we didn't have a DC and got behind and we COULDN'T run it against LSU. We TRIED to run against LSU- SIX of our first eight plays were running plays. We got one first down- when we threw the ball on first down the first play of the game and then went three and out twice.

And to go further - 9 of our 15 plays in the entire first quarter were running plays. Not counting sacks. If we had kept doing what wasn't working- we wouldn't have scored at all and we would have looked like Croom.

Everyone wants balance. But sometimes there are days when you simply can not either pass the ball, and then there are days when you can not run the ball. If we are having a day where we are not doing one or the other- I would rather do something that works instead of banging my head against the wall because "that's what we do and it's our style of play."

And no one is saying we shouldn't run the ball or be run first- we're saying that since we don't have a good running game we need to adapt. Even though that isn't ideal. You're very clearly saying we should just keep running it even if it doesn't work.

This isn't Remember the Titans where we should just run six plays and "give it time it always works"- because this is reality.

Dawg4Life
09-26-2015, 07:21 AM
Facts back it up. You can not win the sec without a run game. I know most of you think we can not run it, so abandon it and Pass TTDD. You don't want us to that. Its not an opinion, it is facts. Nobody wins the sec with just a passing attack. Nobody.

Dak doesn't have a winning record when there isn't much of a run game and we abandon it for passing TTDD. Bama last year, Ga tech, LSU this year. When he has to throw it anywhere near 50 times, we have not won. In fact, teams that try that don't fair well against us...... Ask tamu, UK...

Another thread about the OFFENSE when the issue since Auburn last October is the DEFENSE. Go back and check out the numbers on our defense since October 4, 2014. Run, pass, trick plays...whatever. I'd like to get back to playing good defense. We do that and we win 9 minimum.

Coach007
09-26-2015, 08:18 AM
No- it was because against GT we didn't have a DC and got behind and we COULDN'T run it against LSU. We TRIED to run against LSU- SIX of our first eight plays were running plays. We got one first down- when we threw the ball on first down the first play of the game and then went three and out twice.

a run is not a run. You can not believe that a simple dive is the same as a read option. Its not. We script our first 12 ish plays. Those scripted plays vs LSU this year was in no shape or form the same style of plays of last years. That's just the bottom line on it.

And to go further - 9 of our 15 plays in the entire first quarter were running plays. Not counting sacks. If we had kept doing what wasn't working- we wouldn't have scored at all and we would have looked like Croom.

Everyone wants balance. But sometimes there are days when you simply can not either pass the ball, and then there are days when you can not run the ball. If we are having a day where we are not doing one or the other- I would rather do something that works instead of banging my head against the wall because "that's what we do and it's our style of play."

again... Our style of running the ball is within the spread. We have nmot been doing that. I challenge you to go back and write down the plays ran vs LSU last year and the plays ran this year. Just the first 2 series. What you are not getting is that the rushing attempts we have tried are not the same type that works within this system. We use passing as an extension of our rushing attack. An example is when we put Lewis in motion from left to right, snap as he is getting close to Dak, fake the handoff to lewis and dak trails josh to the left.... Stops and throws back to lewis on a screen. That was the second play we ran vs LSU last year. Have you even seen that play in the last 5 games? You can't really say we are having a bad running when we are not playing our system and are vanilla.

And no one is saying we shouldn't run the ball or be run first- we're saying that since we don't have a good running game we need to adapt. Even though that isn't ideal. You're very clearly saying we should just keep running it even if it doesn't work.

I am very clearly saying get back to the spread rush style attack!. Yep. And there is a difference in what I am saying and you are reading

This isn't Remember the Titans where we should just run six plays and "give it time it always works"- because this is reality.

if you want reality, reality is we csan not with out a run game. Reality is, Dak is winless when he has to throw 50 passes a game. Reality is that nobody wins the sec without a run game. Reality is abandoning the run isn't the answer... The answer is get back to the rushing attack that worked in this system.

Its not that hard to go back and compare.

Political Hack
09-26-2015, 08:19 AM
We have to throw to set up the run. We're not good enough to run it outright and use that to set up the pass.

Dawg4Life, while I agree about lastbyear's defense, offensive mis-ques and our inability to run the football lost the LSU game this year. It's our only loss of the year. So, this year, offense is the issue thus far.

Coach007
09-26-2015, 08:23 AM
Another thread about the OFFENSE when the issue since Auburn last October is the DEFENSE. Go back and check out the numbers on our defense since October 4, 2014. Run, pass, trick plays...whatever. I'd like to get back to playing good defense. We do that and we win 9 minimum.

Holding Bama to 25 points is enough for a win. We should have changed the 1a 1b thing after UK. Put our best performers out there and rotate normally.

At this point, we have to allow time for what we have to grow.

All in all, we need to win this game, and focus on getting better every week. Maybe we will peak at the end of the season. I am OK with a close win. I think it keeps the players working hard.

Coach007
09-26-2015, 08:25 AM
Hack, part of the run game we have dropped is the slip screens, and over all those passes classified as an extension of the run game. The pro style we ran against LSU needs to be shelved.

Behrdawg
09-26-2015, 08:31 AM
When Dak has 40+ pass attempts in a game- we've lost every game.

Leroy Jenkins
09-26-2015, 08:51 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/77/27/4e/77274ecc9bcf367436000e657f43e584.jpg

Todd4State
09-26-2015, 09:32 AM
Its not that hard to go back and compare.

I'm just pointing out your inaccuracies. Such as when you clearly stated that we can't win throwing the ball 40-50 times- when the ONLY reason we did was because we were behind. You even went so far as to use Texas A&M and Kentucky as examples of why that won't work- which is a little bit funny since A&M is 2-1 against us since joining the SEC and you left off Ole Miss who also beat us being pass first.

I'm sure we do script the first 15 plays or so- but I'm also sure that can get changed on third down if we do it like other teams. I realize the difference between a dive, a draw, a counter, a sweep, etc. I can tell you that we didn't just simply run dive plays at LSU because I was at the game. I'm telling you nothing worked because our o-line was getting blown apart and because Shumpert isn't a feature back. You're telling me that we should have kept running the ball because that is what we do. Even though it clearly wasn't working. And even though we were able to move the ball through the air which put us in a position to potentially win the game until the ridiculous delay of game penalty.

We're telling you that we understand why we need a running game. BUT the part you're not getting is it's more than play calling. We have to change up our personnel to make it work OR we have to keep throwing the ball. We had trouble running against USM. A USM team that just got lit up by Texas State for 50 points. Shumpert isn't going to turn into Fournette because we start calling more read option. Pie in the sky.

If you think that you shouldn't abandon the run when you are down by at least two scores when it clearly isn't working and you are behind- you're just WRONG. I shouldn't even have to explain why to a football coach. We're winless when we have to throw 50 times because we're already way behind to start with and that's the only chance we have to win. If Dan starts running the ball down 14-21 late in the game he should catch hell. You should catch hell if you do that wherever you coach too.

sleepy dawg
09-26-2015, 11:58 AM
While it is obvious that the best teams will also be able to run the ball, it's not as black and white as you make it seem. You have to play to your strengths and to the opposing team's weaknesses. If you are awesome at passing, but suck at running, and the defense is good at stopping the run, but sucks at stopping the pass, do you still try to run more than pass? Of course not. The best teams can do both, and the next best teams can do one or the other. There is no single stat that you can achieve to win a game.

There are plenty of teams who have been great who were a pass first team. They usually have good running games too though because their passing game was so effective.

If you want to say just one thing we have to do, you should've just said: If we score more points than Auburn today, we will win the game.

CadaverDawg
09-26-2015, 12:03 PM
Ole Miss may prove the ole "can't win the West without a run game" wrong this year.

That was the case before the league turned into the Big12 recently.