PDA

View Full Version : Proof that Bracky Brett has to go

FlabLoser
07-21-2013, 09:57 PM
http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1202471713936&As_NCAA_Investigations_Increase_Lawyers_Find_New_O pportunities&slreturn=20130621224747

That's a 3 year old article discussing how complex NCAA compliance has gotten and that lawyers are running the show.

Bracky Bret is firefighting with a thimble full of water. This job requirements passed him by years ago. He is woefully underqualified to run an SEC compiance office.

BTW - Prior to becomming SEC commish, Mike Slive was a lawyer who opened the country's first college sports law practice.

engie
07-21-2013, 10:11 PM
This problem is so obvious to me, it's blinding...

Scott has GOT to get this done...

Coach34
07-21-2013, 10:13 PM
Scott has GOT to get this done...

This is a Keenum decision- not Strick. Pressure has got to be placed on top

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2013, 09:33 AM
This is a Keenum decision- not Strick. Pressure has got to be placed on top

Then allow me to ask the obvious question: How do we go about doing that? Because this HAS to happen for us to take the next step forward as a program. And it wouldn't just benefit football, but basketball as well. But back to point - what are real steps we can take to influence Dr. Keenum and get him to see the complexity the job requires now? And that Bracky can't possibly do the job because of the level of complexity?

Coach34
07-22-2013, 09:57 AM
It takes people above our pay grade to assert the influence. Just got to spread the word and hope a Cigar Boy climbs on board to rally the troops

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2013, 10:02 AM
So essentially, not a damn thing other than keep talking it up on the message boards, Facebook, Twitter, etc. ****. We are Em State, because that LT holdover won't be going anywhere if that's the case.

Ghost of Hank Flick
07-22-2013, 11:02 AM
So essentially, not a damn thing other than keep talking it up on the message boards, Facebook, Twitter, etc. ****. We are Em State, because that LT holdover won't be going anywhere if that's the case.

Word is spreading. Every day more and more people jump on the bandwagon. People just need to be informed of what is going on. And once the higher-ups are convinced, game over.

maroonmania
07-22-2013, 11:09 AM
Dang isn't Keenum a former Washington insider guy. He should be savvy enough to see the problem if he looks around at what EVERYONE else in the SEC is doing. Doesn't take a nuclear physicist to see that our compliance department is in the stone age.

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2013, 11:25 AM
Dang isn't Keenum a former Washington insider guy. He should be savvy enough to see the problem if he looks around at what EVERYONE else in the SEC is doing. Doesn't take a nuclear physicist to see that our compliance department is in the stone age.

That's why I say there has to be something we can do to bring it to his attention without needing the "Cigar Boys" or someone else with deep pockets. I'm fully convinced Dr. Keenum wants what's best for The Mississippi State University, and he understands the the front door to marketing is your athletics program. And more specifically, it's football. We just need him to see how the nature of compliance has changed and that Bracky is woefully unqualified. There's no doubt in my mind he'd do the right thing at that point.