PDA

View Full Version : Freshmen are bombing in the baseball scrimmage today!

CadaverDawg
09-25-2015, 05:25 PM
Alexander AND Gordon go yard in the same inning. Great news to see some power at the Dude!

msstate7
09-25-2015, 06:37 PM
Or bad news... Our pitching sucks**

dickiedawg
09-26-2015, 05:45 AM
Aleays the optimist.

Really, though, someone the other day who's been to some scrimmages said they haven't seen an Adidas bat. So if we roll them out in the spring and can't hit for squat, my head will explode.

Todd4State
09-26-2015, 06:29 AM
Or bad news... Our pitching sucks**

I don't think so. Hudson gave up one run. The six runs were allowed by Paul Young and Daniel Brown.

I want to see if Brown can bounce back from this because last year he gave up a home run and went into a shell.

I suspect we're going to rely pretty heavily on Hudson, Sexton, Tatum, Daniel Brown, Houston, Rigby, and Kale Breaux. Those are some pretty good pieces there- not to mention we may see some guys like Noah Hughes and Ethan Small if they surprise us.

Todd4State
09-26-2015, 06:31 AM
Alexander AND Gordon go yard in the same inning. Great news to see some power at the Dude!

There is a reason why I have been talking up this class for a few years now. Marrero, Stovall, Barfield, and Rooker also have hit some bombs as well.

BrunswickDawg
09-26-2015, 06:39 AM
There is a reason why I have been talking up this class for a few years now. Marrero, Stovall, Barfield, and Rooker also have hit some bombs as well.
Cohenz can't croot***

Dawg4Life
09-26-2015, 07:25 AM

Luke Alexander hit it from the left side as well. Pretty good since he's a natural righty.

msstate7
09-26-2015, 07:27 AM

How's marrero's defense?

Seems we have to go all offense (Collins) or all defense (lovelady). I'd love for marrero to be ready to catch as a freshman. If he's not ready, I wanna go with lovelady... We'll just have to find a spot for Collins in the field

Todd4State
09-26-2015, 07:58 AM
How's marrero's defense?

Seems we have to go all offense (Collins) or all defense (lovelady). I'd love for marrero to be ready to catch as a freshman. If he's not ready, I wanna go with lovelady... We'll just have to find a spot for Collins in the field

His defense is good. With him it's more an issue of is he ready to do the leadership things and call pitches as a freshman? He might be- but we won't know until we play a game. His bloodlines give him an advantage plus he was the starting catcher for Team USA U18 team last year. He's probably the best freshman catcher prospect in the country right now, so I wouldn't be shocked if he starts. And like the other freshmen, we're going to have to see how he handles SEC pitching as well.

I'm pretty sure Collins will mostly play third base next year- it makes us better offensively and defensively so it's a no brainer.

engie
09-26-2015, 09:09 AM
His defense is good. With him it's more an issue of is he ready to do the leadership things and call pitches as a freshman? He might be- but we won't know until we play a game. His bloodlines give him an advantage plus he was the starting catcher for Team USA U18 team last year. He's probably the best freshman catcher prospect in the country right now, so I wouldn't be shocked if he starts. And like the other freshmen, we're going to have to see how he handles SEC pitching as well.

I'm pretty sure Collins will mostly play third base next year- it makes us better offensively and defensively so it's a no brainer.

What I was going to say. Mlb say he's either the best or second best high school catcher to actually make it to school...

Glad people are starting to see what we have been excited about in this class...

Mutt the Hoople
09-26-2015, 12:44 PM
Better cut them. Not buying into the "take two pitches and hit a weak grounder to 2nd" philosophy.